Should I cop?

Should I cop?

Other urls found in this thread:

carhartt.com/products/Duck-Active-Jac-Quilted-Flannel-Lined-J140
carhartt.com/products/carhartt-men-coats-jackets/Duck-Active-Jac-Thermal-Lined-J131
patagonia.com/product/mens-iron-forge-hemp-canvas-ranch-jacket/27805.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah they have a pretty shit fit

I have one. pretty warm. very comfy.

How's the sizing?

I don't like the hoodie models visually.
Aesthetics-wise the Detroit/Bomber/some of the flame resistant jackets look best imo.

That said they're built like fucking tanks and are very comfy.

As for sizing I don't usually buy from American brands and I'm used to getting large/sometimes XL and Carhartt sizing was def something I wasn't familiar with - I got a medium size coat and there's still plenty of wiggle room.

Are you a Detroit crack dealer?

Get the "wip" (work in progress) version instead. They have a much nicer fit.

Can we get an info-graph for that core?

Na

And much shittier quality.

How do I know if mine is too large or if it's supposed to fit like that?
I'm 5'10 around 165lbs and usually wear an M, but I got an M and now I'm told I should've sized down

i bought this one a couple months ago and it's the best purcharse i've made in a long time

Only if you have somewhat of a Veeky Forums build or you're gonna look like a faggot wanna be

How so?

TTS

I'm the exact same height and weight as you. M looked like my torso was a tan cloud. S fits just right but when I reach for stuff at work the sleeves ride up

WIP is notoriously worse quality than mainline Carhartt
It's a fashion line, carhartt is work clothing
I own the normal active jacket and I tried on the WIP and they were nothing alike

WIP is the fashion line. OG Carhartt is straight up workwear and built to last

Oh ok good to know

i bought a dark brown yesterday- im really glad i did :)

Yeah.
I just got this one for free. Comfy

What size? And what size do you normally wear? What's your height etc pls

Get the Detroit and be done with it

soy aesthetic

I already have a sherpa jacket and the detroit looks too similar

A large

I’m 6’0”

195 lbs

I own a large and extra large. The large fits better

what the fuck is it with you niggers and buying carhartt. They don't look especially good and they look even worse on you skinny, basketball dribbling fucks.

I'm 6'1" and thin, and the size medium-tall black one that I have fits and feels great. Occasionally I wear a beefy sweater under it, and when I do it's comfy and warm as all get out. Plus, the branding is exceedingly easy to remove, if that's your thing. Also, some of the newer ones have a bit of white screen printing inside the jacket over one of the inner chest pockets, which for some reason is virtually never mentioned or shown in any of the pictures. Pouring some acetone \ fingernail polish remover over the printing lifts it right off, and then the jacket is 100% clean within and without. The J140 is made in the USA, and if you're build is the same or taller than mine, Ithen I highly, HIGHLY recommend copping one. Honestly OP, it's a fucking terrific jacket, and I always feel great wearing it.

Which is ridiculous since WIP is like 3x more expensive. But, if idiots are willing to spend that money...

Nimbus? Want one but it's so pricey ;~;

Where I live, the wip range is only slightly more expensive. I feel like the wip range looks like it fits better.

So should I go tts or get one size smaller? 6ft and 40 inch chest. I normally get medium. Should I buy a small?

basketball-american

I got this one last year and it's extremely comfy especially if you live in a colder place like me

dogman state reporting in . Can confirm, dont do if in MI

i work at carhartt i would say if you plan to wear a hoodie underneath then get the size you normally get if not then you might be able to size down

Large.
I’m 6’1

That looks so fucking trash compared to OPs one. Jesus christ

"Fashion"

>wip is shit quality

Really? That surprises me. I mean I think WIP is barely worth it unless it's on sale as it is.

Are they just cheaping out with it or do you think this was maybe a design feature?
Like... The hipster doesn't do manual labor so maybe the idea is if you cheap out with it a bit the thing will get broken in and look nice and worn out faster.

Doesn't seem like there would be a reason to make it out of nastier shit when they could just make it in the same factory out of the same shit as the work gear and it would possibly save them money.

I have the older C01 Chore Coat. That's the only style I like because buttons instead of zippers. Older ones have a more beige color than the modern brown color ones.

You're supposed downsize if you plan to use it without layering, because they run big, and tge Tall sizes are supposed to be very long. That seems to be the consensus online, especially on Amazon.

But in my experience your regular size will fit fine.
Mine is a Tall and the arms and length of it run a bit short.

except they are nearly indestructible

Can anyone id this one? Not sure if I should cop or not. 2nd hand($28) and xs size(I normally wear size s for most stuff)

Thinner material and unlined.
They aren't shit quality, but the originals are built much sturdier.

A brand new zipped/buttoned up Carhartt jacket will stand up on its own. That's how thick and stiff the canvas on them is.

They aren't. I have a WIP parka and it's not that great.

I have multiple +5 year old wip pieces and they're as good as new

Buy some real carhartt sometime and notice the difference. See

Lol the metro gayboy version you posted has zero room for bending or twisting. Nobody who has worked manual labor would seriously wear that piece of shit. That model is specifically for soyboys who like to cosplay as midwestern grain elevator workers.

I think it's probably a second hand J140
carhartt.com/products/Duck-Active-Jac-Quilted-Flannel-Lined-J140

It could possibly be an old J131, maybe, 'cos I think at one point those jackets all had the same black lining. The black contrasting with the tan or navy shell looked nice, but now the color of the linings matches the color of the shell
carhartt.com/products/carhartt-men-coats-jackets/Duck-Active-Jac-Thermal-Lined-J131

I think you should get it if you're of the opinion that it might fit you. Sizing these involves a certain amount of guesswork, and it's a killer price. Plus also, if it's beatup it'll look cooler.

Cop

Thinking about this

Foh

Kys nigger

I didn't post any pics in this thread. I kind of wouldn't mind an unlined detroit or chore coat, though. It's too warm here to wear lined ones most of the year.
I think only WIP makes those.

I would suggest you don't cop that and get something that is better quality.

I copped this Iron Forge Hemp Canvas Ranch Jacket from Patagonia but I got a big discount thanks to a friend but I def would recommend it if you can afford it. When it comes to jackets, esp for winter, I don't cheap out. I plan on keeping this till it breaks or I can't fit in it anymore.

Size Small fits perfect on my 6'0 160lb frame. Pic related.

patagonia.com/product/mens-iron-forge-hemp-canvas-ranch-jacket/27805.html

are you nigerian lmfao

really? I think WIP looks better, but its also very obviously less rugged. The appeal to carhartt is the denseness of the fabric, which makes it resilient to wear. The WIP is a fashion line. Its like the black mannequin chink shit... It looks better in a fashion sense, but for it to look that good, the fabric needs to be more sheer and flexible, and the person wearing it needs to be more streamlined and attractive.

Carhartts typical workwear stuff looks like a rigid piece of lego clothing almost, where the outline is cut to exaggerate the human form(since the thickness of the fabric makes it hard to bend at joints). It looks ok to us now since the models who wear it seem to accentuate that style, but unless you're a barony barrel chested guy, it'll probably look ridiculous on you. Since you're on Veeky Forums, the soyboy alternative(WIP) is more up your alley. And i'm not saying that to insult you or anyone else here either. I'm 5'8" and 125lbs so id look like a fucking clown wearing workmen clothing.

>Huge explanation over a shitty remark
Talk about being a fucking redditor, jesus christ.

>It's a fashion line, carhartt is work clothing

which is the exact reason all you 16-20 year old soybabies need to buy WIP, you will look absolutely fucking retarded and out of place in regular Carhartt workwear.

BTW I'm 7 ft tall and regularly have threesomes with supermodels, have a 12 inch dick, and can lift a truck with one arm.

good effort-post, ignore troll

Duluth Trading makes an unlined Firehose Chore Coat.

Yeah, what the fuck is he doing, being interested in and passionate about clothes on a board about fashion?

Oh boy here we go, soyboy backing up his only friends online.

here

Picked it up and its pretty sweet. Fits me nicely, though the cuffs on the wrists are pilled pretty badly. Washing now, will air dry and then i guess i'll clip the pilling off and gently seal the fibers with a flame.

Overall happy with my COP. And its the J140. Thing that seems off is mine says its made in Mexico, and the official site makes a point of saying made in the USA. Since mines an XS(which they dont sell on the website) maybe they have an "out" without it being lying? I have a carhartt vest thats also made in Mexico too.

Get a fabric shaver

I had one before and i found spraying a bit of water on the garment and carefully going over it with a razor blade gives a MUCH better result.

Holy shit

I like it aesthetically, but it does look the fabric would shred pretty damn easily. Its probably lower quality than a guildan or H&M hoodie, at 7x the price.

What’s the point of these jackets? I’d rip it in a day on a ladder or roof. Just get a regular carhartt. Things are indestructible. I slide on shingles all day and it still looks brand new

and dont forget that theyre 5x the price

juste coped one, rate

also guess my nationality

Lebanese Argentinian

syrian
8/10 i guess...
The arms look too short. I hate when the cuffs dont go a little past my wrists. On yours they dont even make it to your wrist.

Polish

Mexican

the elastic part of the cuffs is turned inside in, it was quick snap before leaving

Looks too big on you

No it does not, he's obviously not going for a super tight fit you skinny fuck.

You're wrong nigga looks like some straight up Kmart shit. OP's one is spot on.

azerbaijan,kyrgyzstan,uzbekistan
>your eyes look east asian and you have mongolian skin tone yet arab face features

Nah a bunch of my friends got them for christmas, there trendy now but idk

kanye is 5'8, who the fuck is the guy he towers over?

lol im squinting my man, but those are some neat guesses

It's the angle bruh, Kanye is acually a strong 5'9 and the guy next to him is Danny Devito who is 4'10.

>clothes too big
OMG guys real men wear baggy clothes I know because I'm a real man with huge muscles

im the guy in the photo and I didnt write that.

I dont think it looks bad and i dont wear it to look "big"

i just think an oversized jacket sometimes looks cool, fuck all you guys predilections

if anyone wants to cop this do, its comfy and tough

WIP uses EXACTLY the same fabric as Carhartt USA; only the cut is different. So there's a lot of bullshit in this thread, because the WIP versions are precisely 100% as tough as the American versions of the same jacket. It's just a matter which fit you prefer. The WIP fit is different, that's all, and unless you're extremely tall it'll fit better. I have stuff made by both companies, and the Work In Progress stuff is totally worth the price if you can afford it.

Armenian French

it's not Danny DeVito you fucking bastard, it's Joe Pesci

>Size Small fits perfect on my 6'0 160lb frame

damn thats a big small. are other patagonia items sized like that?

German

Dumb chinlets, having a problem with big clothes.

underrated

manlet

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into getting a wip than. I don't like how loose the non WIP stuff is on the chest. The j140 I have is somewhat snug on my back and shoulders, but there's enough slack on my stomach and chest that I could have DDs and be in my 2nd trimester. Good for workwear, not so much for typical spring or fall jacket.

most are sized larger than normal

Everyone in this thread seems mad as fuck. Shut up.
Anyway, has anyone bought the wip Detroit jacket or wip Chore coat and had to size up?

Why so mean?...
But ya, I know. On the plus side I think I pull the look off decently. It fits me almost like a glove. Just loose on the chest and stomach which seems to be intentional.

>Everyone in this thread seems mad as fuck. Shut up.

Speak for yourself