Cro-Magnon and evolution thread

Cro-Magnon and evolution thread

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QNlzkCO29bk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

cro-magnon were fully evolved modern humans so i don't really understand what you want to talk about

What exactly about evolution do you want to discuss?

This. We should also point out that there is still no evidence that macro-evolution ever took place. As of now, it's an unsubstantiated theory backed up by misclassified chimp bones.

fail bro

One thing that is without doubt is that evolution, definitely, assuredly, most absolutely is true. Man did evolve from apes, and is an ape. There can be no doubt in this matter and it is considered settled by the scientific community and society at large.
Any ideas to the contrary can be summarily dismissed.

There doesn't seem to be very much, or any cro-magnon DNA in modern day Europeans. Cro-Magnons were most likely the original inhabitants of Europe (other than Neanderthals), but over time have been replaced by waves of immigration mainly from the middle east and the Pontic-Caspian steppe.

That image depicts a Neanderthal, buddie.

sharks

Yes it is. And this is what i want to discuss about. Cro-Magnons emigrated to Europe where Neanderthals lives and about 1000 years there were no Neanderthals anymore. I am curious about did Neanderthals died because natural things or Cro-Magnons killed them.

what?

hyperboreans

So was rape literally the method of reproduction.
Could a caveman just go to his fellow cavewoman and start fucking? No other caveperson would stop him?

Behavioral modernity. What's up with that?

Seriously, it seems like a huge and compelling mystery that can't be seriously investigated right now due to PC sensibilities. It just seems to explode out of nowhere.

Random guess not knowing anything: the capacity for modern language evolved and genetically spread throughout early "humans" from the first successful mutants.

>Cro-Magnons emigrated to Europe where Neanderthals lives and about 1000 years there were no Neanderthals anymore.
Sapiens and Neanderthals lived in the same areas for 15,000 years. One didn't start to really displace the other until the climate started to change.

>serbs are as cro magnon as nords
hmm

>ywn interbereed with a neanderthal qt and produce ubermensch geniuses
just kill m

>thread's theme.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QNlzkCO29bk

cro-magnons still exist. they are upper paleolithic survivors in eurasia and north africa.

plenty of moroccans, maghrebis, spanish, anglos, germans, italians exhibit the robustness of their cro-magnon genes

>evolution

this is a history board not fantasy board

Devolution can happen too, of course, and that's what religion offers.

Plato, or Socrates, said that what a child learns in the first six years become almost impossible to change. Hence the willful ignorance of all religion is indoctrinated into children from day one and we still, in the 21st C, have huge swathes of people denying facts such as evolution.

>ancient aurok shits while eating grass one night
>rains
>five am little mushrooms grow in the shit
>Cro-magnon comes along early and finds some mushrooms
>omnomnom
>trips balls for the next eight to sixteen hours
>ideas
>evolve

They were literally the master race.

Taller, stronger and with noticeably bigger brains than the average untermench today.

>Devolution
Not real

No.

>One thing that is without doubt is that evolution, definitely, assuredly, most absolutely is true

Just because you believe in it with all your cells in your body doesn't make it true, stop being emotional.

>clearly has ankle-deep knowledge of evolution
>clearly is at the height of mount stupid
>clearly has read a lot of modern religious propaganda that likes to distinguish between "micro" and "macro" evolution.

Where do we start? I don't want to spam 2,000 and scientific articles at you, so let's start with a claim:

Your claim is wrong, and based on fundamental misconceptions resulting from seeking the answer you wanted to hear.

He doesn't have to believe in. It's still true anyway.

Because you both blindly believe in it, but as part of reality as it is - evolution did not occur.

Creatonist claim

Aaaaand Answer

>Because you both blindly believe in it, but as part of reality as it is - evolution did not occur.
Sorry, bud. You're the one that blindly believes with faith. If you took the time to actually learn the science behind evolution you would believe it too. There are maybe 10 people on earth who understand evolution and don't think it occurred (inb4 Ken ham - no). The only reason you don't believe is sheer, unadulterated ignorance of the facts.

t. scientist

Large brain =/= more intelligence. Whales have bigger brains than us, doesn't mean shit.

Broken Hill representing.

who /hbd/ here?

Do you think we need a /hbd/ board?

What does hbd stand for?

Probably hybrid.

KYS

Human biodiversity

Hybrid
Hbd
Sounds the about same when you say it.

And Hbd sounds also the same as haberdashery, yet it's not that.

You could've at least googled it.

Ok, fair enough.

large brains compared to body = more intelligence

>somebody made this to debunk a Jack Chick tract

>falling for obvious bait

Can't be worse than spending time at Veeky Forums

Is this is real?

All Europeans have some cro magnon admixture, Lituanians have the most with like 70% and Sicilians the least with like 24%

Ancient QT

I find it suspicious that people cling irrationality to evolution with the same fervor as a religious fundamentalist

I think it's an updated (and less racist) version of this.

>Iran

Why.

Remember Chubek from /int/? There's your answer.

Yes I do, he's obviously the best poster (miss him hard).

But the rest of iranians are not chubeks, disappointingly.

My gibbon.

Why are elephant fish dumber than elephants then?

Has anyone else convinced a creationist that evolution is correct?

>Meet woman from The Bahamas (th-thanks, Veeky Forums) and talk to her online
>Bahamas is a fundamentalist wasteland, they don't teach evolution in schools and push a Christian agenda
>Explain to her how evolution works using simple examples of natural selection
>"Oh, that makes perfect sense."

I think she was an exception, though... Most fundies seem too entrenched in their ways to open their minds up to logic and evidence.

I think I convinced some of my classmates from my high school days. Most of them were on the fence about the issue, so it may not count. I tried to debate my old science teacher, but he was too entrenched.

>Bonobo skull looks nothing like the Australopithecus skull

Are the anti-evolution trolls even trying?

They're creationists, they rely primarily on ignorance and stupidity. The presentation that slide came from is still being used today.

The lack of mitochondrial DNA does not mean cro mags were the bulls.

The whole Darwinian theory of the struggle for existence is simply the transference from society to animate nature of Hobbes’ theory of the war of every man against every man and the bourgeois economic theory of competition, along with the Malthusian theory of population. This feat having been accomplished... the same theories are next transferred back again from organic nature to history and their validity as eternal laws of human society declared to have been proved.

t.
Friedrich Engels

>mfw a disgusting farmer from tu*key moves near my river

based

>women

Fucking top kek.

What is that from? It's hilarious.

Regularly

>born into Christian Fundie family
> Most of my friends and Classmates are YA Creationist
> Get really into Dinosaurs at an early age
>self taught paleontologist, give lectures while in high school
>Convince most people around me that evolution is a scientific truth (Being a theistic evoultionist helped make people listen)
>Even hardcore Southern Christian Mother
>Currently in college studying Petroleum Geology and Paleontology

How's that racist?

post some caveman paintings

This is not at all racist, are you implying that the white master race didn't evolve from black subhumans?

Liberal dilemma:
Out of Africa theory vs. White people are not evolutionary ahead of blacks

Don't you know man, they're dragon bones that like all magical creatures turn to stone when they die.
ISN'T IT OBVIOUS

the out of Africa theory does not insinuate that white people are ahead of black people at all. It just means that people from Africa settled in other places and adapted to these new places, while people in Africa continued to adapt to the African environment.

The black guy in the picture in isn't even African, he's a Tasmanian aboriginal according to the description. I don't think there exists an "out of Australia" theory.

> Cro-Magnon

I've always hated this meme. It's just an obsolete label for early modern humans in Europe.

Just call them what they were. They were not a separate species -- nothing to distinguish themselves from what they were -- early modern homo sapiens sapiens in Europe.

I have disdain for plebs to continue to use this obsolete term.

Feh! It's like trying to initiate a scholarly discussion on "cavemen."

They were a separate racial group, being on average, larger than virtually any modern human group.

>Women
Is there a joke I'm not getting? Why would they chose to stem that from Arabs of all people?

This flies in the face of everything I know. I could be wrong, but an authoritative citation is definitely in order.

What do you guys think the present day human is going to evolve to?

>toasters evolved from poles
Yeah this picture is really inaccurate. Why would anyone post that?

>neanderthal
Give them more melanin and tight curly hair, there you get a Papuan.

Mudskinned mongrels

Interesting. What those nations have in common is extraction and refinement of oil.

It's not completely obsolete, it's used to refer to Europeans before the Neolithic expansion basically, when fairly different people from anatolia(but genetically linked to the near east) invaded much of the continent.
It's important because said farmers(and thus all modern Euros) supposedly had ancestry from a very early divergent(before 45000 years ago) non-african bunch that was isolated somewhere and started popping up among near eastern populations.

Chuckled

I think it's from National Lampoon if I'm not mistaken.

>evolutionary ahead

le monke

Going to try to save this thread -

I studied European prehistory in college, and can tell you that Cro-Magnons are indeed still alive and well in the world today. The Cro-magnon was the closest common ancestor of all Caucasian people. This physical type evolved in the Middle East and, in the Paleolithic, a branch of them went off into Europe as hunter-gatherers and largely became de-pigmented - modern survivals of this type include all of Europe's robust, square-headed, and relatively small-nosed peoples, found most often in the North. The Finns are the closest to these guys genetically. Now, a lot of Cro-Magnons stayed in the Middle-East and did not migrate to Europe. These populations had to adapt to a more desert-climate and a new lifestyle, which favored farming over hunting - this is known as the beginning of the Neolithic. The physical type that evolved from this was the basic Mediterranean (also referred to as Aurignacian on some online-anthro boards). These peoples are characterized by much thinner and longer faces, thinner bodies, and larger noses. Mediterraneans would go on to invade and civilize Southern and Western Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa, though they were present in other places too. This is where civilizations like Rome, Greece, Egypt, and Mesopotamia originate.

The Nordic race evolved out of the Mediterranean form only slightly north of the Mediterranean homeland, but is mistakenly associated more closely to European Hunter-gatherers based on pigmentation.

So Cro-Magnons still exist today, just in more specialized forms. It is also interesting to note that, even in the 40,000+ years since this type first evolved, all its descendants still share VERY strong genetic similarity - from Ireland to Iran, they're all still the same race. This is confirmed by all skeletal and genetic research done on the subject.

If you have any more questions, i'll try to check back in and answer them.

So basically they're proto-caucasoids? Interesting.

They were not proto-caucasoids because they were already fully Caucasian. They were just the closest common ancestor of all the different sub-types of Caucasian that we have today, which can essentially be split between Hunter-gatherer survivals and the Mediterranean, both being fully Caucasoid. Every white person in the world is really a mix of these by now.

Proto-Caucasian would actually be the closest common ancestor between Caucasians and East Asians, which is actually the reason why East Asians and those survival types I was talking about look similar to some degree (broad face, smaller nose, hooded eyes, etc.

what do you think about the fairly recent "basal Eurasian" concept though? it seems like Cro-Magnons don't give the full picture and in order to model, well, basically all west Eurasians, you need this ghost population

So "proto-caucasian" is the precursor to the caucasoids and the mongoloids?

Never heard about the rich oil resources of South Korea.

That pic has a bad example. Lions and tigers can reproduce because of a kindof genetic loophole, he same one that would allow man to hypothetically half-breed with chimps. This genetic loophole makes sterile offspring. Ligers can't reproduce.

Only under certain circumstances. I think the female offspring are fertile while male offspring would be sterile.

Evolution isnt like in pokemon retard. You arent "evelutionary ahead" just more adapted to your enviorment, like how white skin is better for european climates while black skin is better for the african sun