HashOcean

give me the cold hard truth. how much of a bullshit ponzi scheme is this? there are clearly risks in any investment. i have over 20 bitcoins. lets say I toss 2 into this bullshit. chances are, i'll get at least some of it back, right? can anyone actually be serious rather than being a shill and blurting out "ITZ LE SCAM I SAW IT ON LEDDIT"?
oh, and speaking of shilling, here is my recommend a friend ID if anyone is interested hashocean.com/?rid=693624

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.msg14980900#msg14980900
badbitcoin.org/thebadlist/
bitbackoffice.com/login
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its still paying out at the moment but it has hallmarks of a ponzi.. like a 360% yield per year..

but it could be legit, as crypto trading is still highly lucrative.. HashOcean says they make profits trading other crypto's as well

I'd say go for it.. but dont invest anything you cant lose.. take caution

1/2
Criteria to help you spot a cloud mining scam/ponzi.

1) No public mining address / no user selectable pool.
A cloud mining company that wont let you direct the hashrate to your pool of choosing and cant prove its actually mining bitcoins itself, is very likely a scam. There is no reason to hide mining address or not sign blocks. None.

2) No endorsement from any asic vendor
Asic vendors will gladly make a simple post to show the company in question is a significant customer of theirs. Its free advertisement for them and it helps their customer grow their business, so there is absolutely no reason they wouldnt. If a (cloud) mining company cant get any asic vendor to post such endorsement, you should assume they dont have any hardware to mine with.

3) No relevant pictures of their hardware and datacenter
There is no reason not to provide such pictures, except of course, if there is nothing to take pictures off. Mind you: pictures can be faked. Picture dont prove current ownership. So like all criteria listed here, by themselves they are by far insufficient proof.

4) Open ended IPO / fractional reverse mining risk
Unless the cloud mining is operated by the asic vendor himself, you can not sell an unlimited amount of hashrate. Hardware takes (usually a long) time to order, arrive and deploy. Any company that doesnt limit sales or make public how much hashrate they sold vs what they have (provably) deployed should be considered suspicious.

5) Referral programs and social networking
Referral programs, especially ones that pay almost 10%, are a huge red flag. The mining market is cut throat with razor thin margins. No real company can afford to pay 10% referrals on below market cloudmining prices. Referral programs almost always serve only to feed the ponzi and provide financial incentive to posters to lie about the true nature of the company. Never trust anyone with a referral link in their sig.

6) Anonymous operators
If the operators are hiding behind whoisguard, provide no provable identity and especially when, like in some cloudmining cases, they use demonstrably false ID or company registration information, you have to be nuts to trust them with your money.

7) No exit strategy
If you cant sell your position, you cant get your money out. Thats the ideal case for a ponzi and allows it to run for a long time.

8 ) Bonus point for "guaranteed profit"
So far, Ive only seen bitcoinmaker.ch do this. If anyone guarantees you a bitcoin denominated profit, and especially a 30+% one, you can be sure its a ponzi, all the other criteria become unimportant. There is no such thing as certain profit when it comes to mining, no one knows how the network will evolve, or what btc exchange rate will do. If anyone could somehow be certain of making a 30% profit, they wouldnt need your money (and they wouldnt give the profit to you).

>hashocean.com 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8 => 7/7 = Ponzi

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.msg14980900#msg14980900

I actually invested 200$ worth of bitcoins like 2 months ago. So far i have been very pleased with their services and havent had a single problem. That being said i still believe that they are most likely a ponzi but the reason im thinking in reivesting in them is that if you hop on the train early on even if it is a ponzi you may still make some solid profits. If hashocean survives the halving i predict that it will stay alive atleast until next year. So the risk is rather right but so are the profits. It's your choice OP but i suggest that you wait and see what will happen to them when the halving happens.

what is it with the halving meme? why do people keep saying that? bitcoin had a hard reset and has been slowly accelerating in price over the past 2 years or so.

halving pay-out in mining btc ... nocoiner detected.. jump aboard before its too late senpai

What the fuck do you mean? When is it going to happen? I have literally only bought $100 worth of bitcoin, so I earned like $5 today

How much approx will I get from this shit and what will the halving affect me and then the Hashocean.

Please ELI5 (explain like I'm 5)

market anticipation bro. Price of btc went up 200$ for the past 2 weeks. Im just sittin here riding the profit train

it will happen in less than a month.. i cant beleive you got BTC without knowing how it works.. still a good move tho, senpai

i've dumped my eth for BTC when BTC was 430$. i'm right there with you. the thing is when do we jump off and into what?

SCAM

badbitcoin.org/thebadlist/

Hold on to your BTC user and just enjoy the next 30 days of the price going up. You might consider selling half of them or like 2/3 once the halving actually happens because there is a chance that a massive crash/reverse trend will happen but keep like 1/3 or 1/2 because the price might keep going up

why does it keep going up? i've been holding mine since it was $430. i originally bought at $370 and went into ethereum for a few months.

After the halving i actually wont trust the market at all for a while so im gonna sell a big chunk of my btc for dollars and im gonna stay low for the next couple of months. Maybe ill consider forex trading ill see

Well im not going to go into much details here but long story short there is a huge market anticipation right now lots of nocoiners trying to get on the profit train. The point is hold on on your btc even if the price goes down like with like 50$ or even 100$ (not likely) it will still rebounce and try to brake the next ressistance levels which is probably like 700$

so you're going to sell a big chunk of your btc now or when?
what do people sell their btc into? dollars? i usually jump between ether and btc. is it safe to assume that when this "halving" happens, that ETH will skyrocket since it'll be the next best thing?

I will sell a big part of my btc after the halving (around the end of july)

people can sell BTC pretty much in anything they want USD, EUR, LTC, DASH you name it. I dont think someone knows for sure what will happen after the halving. I dont think that ETH will magicaly start to rise because of the halving but it has potential for the future. If i was you after halving i would convert most of my BTC into ETH and hope for the best. There is a pretty big chance of success if you do that

i will sell before the halvening at least 75%.
wait for a dip to get back in.

yep thats actually a pretty good idea, i might do the same. But how big do you think the dip is going to be?

hashocean sidesteps most of your points tho
1) they claim they have it automated changing daily based on trends and coin prices, they could still provide details tho and proof
2) they don't use asics they use gpu and they don't mine bitcoins it would be ridiculous claim
3) this is indeed a problem which begs questions.
4) gpu is pretty open ended you can buy nearly unlimited videocards especially as old miners sell their equipment to update.
5) indeed big red flag
6) red flagging hard yes but some company info doesn't mean shit especially if "limited" (like ahash)
7) allegedly you can have your video cards delivered nobody tried i imagine
8) no guaranteed profit there they just show you how much it was before

i think it could easily go back under $400
that is a very real possibility. it all depends if the chineese will try to buy the dip enmasse and they got some capital to do so and frankly are very pleased that their interest makes the bitcoin more valuable and thus serves their purpose even better it might be insignificant even.
why risk it tho? unlikely prices will skyrocket right in that window.

Bitcoin is going to drop like a fucking rock at the halvening because of everyone selling off in fear of the unknown. Miners will also need to buy new equipment en masse as their old rigs become 1/2 as profitable at the same energy and maintenance costs.

That being said, I'm buying that fucking dip and getting in for the first time. Just my .02

You need 3 months of waiting to start making gains.

So let's say 6 months to make some decent gains.

Do you really think this site will be up in 6 months? thats the question.

Most obvious scam ever

nah there are a thousand more obvious one dude, and it has been running a long time now.hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers.

in the end tho there might be millions losing their shit it's all in the game.

Do you know if this Airbit is scam as well?

bitbackoffice.com/login

this you have to bet on that one, because even if it only stays up for 4 months it can be more than worth it to you.

also i had my 100% roi in 40 something days. because of crazy ref gains. and i will have 200% in a week.