Skin routine

Do you guys have a skincare routine? If so what is it?
What do you think of this? Is it enough Is it correct?
>exfoliate
>cleanse (while in shower)
>moisturize (after shower)
(There was no skincare general or stupid questions thread so i just made my own)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/EltaMD-Clear-Broad-Spectrum-SPF-1-7/dp/B002MSN3QQ
lushusa.com/face/cleansers/dark-angels/06938.html
aad.org/practicecenter/quality/clinical-guidelines/acne/isotretinoin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>hours of peeling and polishing with an electric toothbrush

>monday seasme oil face mask
>wendsday cocout oil face mask
>friday peanut oil face mask
>sunday walnut oil face mask

>eat alot pineapple, carrots, kiwis

thats my program

Surely this is bait?
I knew this would be posted.

Just in case this isn't bait, this is the dumbest shit I've read in a while. The physical force of an electric toothbrush would be too irritating to the skin and would definitely cause more inflimmation. For the same reason I don't use any Clarisonic products. Your face masks are also comodogenic af. And if someone has a histamine intolerane, like most teenagers end up having until they grow out of it, pinapple will cause them breakouts.

Shitty skin is a symptom of shit health. Drink lots of water

u can wash your face with expensiveskincare products but your life style is the most important, i just wash my face with wather 3 to 5 time a day.

I workout 5-6 times a week, eat all whole foods, drink minimum 4 litres of water a day, go through an all-natural skin care routine every morning/night and still break out. Lifestyle is a major player in skin health but even with good habits you can still break out. It's annoying as fuck.

I switched to the products in pic related and have seen a nice improvement but it's still not perfect. I think it's partly due to the fact I recently moved somewhere dry and I used to live somewhere humid.

Honestly as gay as reddit is, r/skincareaddiction is a good resource for general skin care knowledge. Definitely a good place to start.

Forgot to post my routine. In the morning I use the cleanser in the pic I posted above, pat my face dry, then use the moisterizer in the same pic. At night I use the same cleanser, then the exfoliant (only twice a week tho), some Vitamin C serum, then moisturize and use tea tree oil for spot treatment.

If you're skin is normal dry just cleanse with water in the AM.

I don't do anything to my face and my skin looks fine, just eat a plant based diet

So sick of all of the pseudo-science bullshit in these threads, idiots thinking that their skincare experience is universal.

get this bs out of here, troll

low concentration chemical exfoliants, especially BHAs like salicylic acid can be used daily. Anyone with problem skin who can tolerate it should use salicylic, because it's oil-soluble and can get through sebum. BHAs don't increase UV sensitivity as much as AHAs. I don't know that brand in your first post, but it looks cool. My skin responds really really poorly to physical exfoliation though.

>skin routine

No I'm not a faggot.

Retinol and sunscreen

Exfoliate and face mask like once a month or something

>>exfoliate, cleanse, moisturize

what the fuck.
i just use soap in the shower and never had an issue.

quitting dairy is a routine that actually works

How do I keep soft lips in the winter? I use lip balm whenever they feel dry but it's -35c outside and it doesn't seem to help

>just wash your face bro

drinking water is the biggest thing for me. i'm in music and constantly have chapped lips, especially in winter. use a really intensive moisturiser over them at night like E45 or a barrier cream like bepanthen

reminder that you should only exfoliate every day if you have issues like pic related

get out incel

statements like that don't really work when ur browsing a board like Veeky Forums sissyboi

My morning routine:

Clean with Cetaphil daily face cleaner
Apply Stridex Maximum Strength
Apply Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combo Skin

At night I do the same except I replace the Stridex with Differin and add it AFTER my moisturizer when my skin has dried (which is supposed to be fucking amazing).

I'm currently looking for a moisturizer with a good SPF especially since I've added Differin.

I exfoliate with Paula's Choice once a week. And I make sure to add my moisturizer to a *wet* face. That step alone has honestly made my skin ssooooo much nicer.

I find that physical exfoliants make my skin look nice right after the process but afterwards dry it out and leave it irritated.

lmao just drink water

You probably aren't genetically predisposed you twat

I just use a glycerine soap one or two times per day since years and my face skin looks perfect

>about half a year of generic Accutane from Indian online pharmacy
>???
>not a single pimple in 7 years, hair also gets better (less greasy and better texture)
>mfw I used to have an autistic skin care routine and now I just wash my face with warm water in the morning

My routine:
>Accutane (20mg) every day around 6 (week 3)
>Witch hazel
>Moisturizer
>Benzoyl peroxide over night

My skin looks like ass, please tell me it gets better. I have horrible, deep, hard blackheads all on my nose and cheekbones. I have terrible cystic acne on my right cheek and jawline. My left cheek has a small cluster of pimples. My forehead and chin are clear save for a few blackheads.

I just wash my face with water

hey, it gets heaps better. i don't know anyone accutane hasn't worked for. my boyfriend had terrible skin 5 years ago then he used accutane and now it's waaaaay nicer than mine. jealous. same with 3 other friends :)

I know Veeky Forums hates reddit, but if you're serious about skincare, visit r/skincareaddiction, there is no set "skincare routine" it all depends on what your skin is like and what you react to, so you'll have to find out for yourself.

And stop using shit with microbeads in it, shit tears up your skin

1. Wash face with cetaphil daily
2. Moisturize afterwards, moisturizer with sunscreen during summer
3. About twice a week take one of those Japanese beauty wash cloths and gently exfoliate face

I've had no pimples for like 2 years and my skin is the best its ever been.

A common mistake is forgetting that your skin is a living organ that you need to gently balance towards being having a more self-sustaining health and a big part of that is letting your skin heal and achieve correct growth, pH and moisture by itself instead of relying on products for every single natural function of your skin.

I used to have a way bulkier and expensive routine with harsher exfoliation, cleansing, masks, etc that made my skin nice but if I skipped a day or two I'd get pimples - now I think I could survive off just washing my face with water for a week without any problems.

When you change your goal from having clear skin to having healthy skin you'll get the results you want.

>tfw no qt with acne and zero self esteem to coerce into being my gf/sex slave while making her beautiful with accutane

>drinking
>washing

good, consistent sleep and a diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables

in terms of actual skincare prosducts I use a cerave foaming facewash, followed by bioderma micellar water, then cerave PM moisturizing lotion

1 month into accutane. Best decision I ever made. Trust me, if it exists, I used it all before. Retin-a, Differin, Epiduo, Benzoyl Peroxide, Tazorac, BHA, AHA.

need you as my bf

benzoylperoxide 5% and erytromycine 10mg/g keeps me clean

just meet up with your
general practitioner

>tfw the creams the derm prescribed me dry my skin like crazy in winter, yet i need them to get rid of acne/pimples

Even after a moisturizer like The True Cream Aqua Bomb my skin ends up feeling dry. Not sure what to do. I should check with the derm again but desu no derm has ever given me something that has actually helped long term.

also what do you guys fo after shaving? I have to shave max every other day and I have an after shave balm/alum block but wondering if you are supposed to put any products after a shave or wait a bit.

might eventually have to go for a simple routine and try this desu. im 24 and I still have acne/red face.

ditch the BP, accutane is strong enough to work on it's own
also why are you on such a low dose?

That's what my dermatologist prescribed. The only times I've ever heard of people using doses higher than these are for people who have chronic acne all over their face and body.

the standard dosage for accutane is around 1mg/kg, 20mg is considered a low dose
I mean if your getting deep cysts and on accutane, you might as well get treatment over as quickly as possible

my skin is too translucent and i can see all of my veins.
how can i fix it?

link?

id you're not in your mid twenties yet it's probably hormones. I was a pizza face when i was 19 even though i had a good routine. I'm 21 now and i have barely any spots now. i haven't changed my routine at all

had acne from 13-21, eventually went on accutane to clear it up
I wouldn't simply wait for it to disappear if the acne bothers you

Stop stressing.
Eat only raw fruit and veggies.
Do things that supplement fulfillment.

you probably have to splice your dna with another human that has healthy pigment and naturally the mitochondria grows and will signal cellular regeneration in areas lacking. I would advise again't tho.

just own it, make that shit cool

quit dairy
very minimal wheat
eat vegetables
drink water

wash your face with water in the morning and apply amazon.com/EltaMD-Clear-Broad-Spectrum-SPF-1-7/dp/B002MSN3QQ once it is dry.

wash your face with lushusa.com/face/cleansers/dark-angels/06938.html like every 4 days to exfoliate

don't use filthy towels and pillowcases

there ya go, perfect skin if you're done with puberty and it's cheap, easy, and healthy

I've never heard of that. If what you say is true, that means I have to be on 70mg accutane?

It doesn't mean you have to be on 70mg, 70mg would just be the recommendation for you. Isotretinoin works based on cumulative dosage, which is recommended to be around 120-150mg/kg. This means that for you to reach the minimum dosage, you should ingest 8400mg during your course. Taking 20mg a day would take 420 days to reach your minimum cumulative dosage. I personally took around 80-120mg/day, meaning my course was a relatively short 120 days. Side effects are harsher the higher the dose but the positive effects will show up faster.
source: aad.org/practicecenter/quality/clinical-guidelines/acne/isotretinoin

>tfw scalp psoriasis
just bought russian made coal soap and omega-3 pills
a-am i gonna make it

A lot of time, it is stress and/or of course hormones (esp women).
Even when my skin care and diet is on point with 4 bottles of water a day, when I'm stressed I will break out near my chin.
Perhaps I should work out more but the time escapes me as as student.
For some women, literally birth control is the only way to prevent hormones related breakouts during periods.

Depends. Some people eat all they want and never breakout.
For me, it's peanuts and peanut actually

have you tried this cream called Ponds?
The one for dry skin, blue cap. It's very moisturing.

Exfoliate only once or twice a week. Cleanse, toner and moisturise in that order every night morning

>bad acne up until I was 25
>take accutane
>zits gone forever
life is awesome with drugs

>also why are you on such a low dose?
You're meant to start low and increase dosage so you can catch any side effects before they become too severe. If you start off with 80mg or something there's a good chance a small percentage of people people will nuke their liver or lose their hair or kill themselves. This is a controlled approach to minimize that risk.

No, you need to do GOMAD for a few months and eventually your body will start treating dairy as a toxin and learn to adapt.

ITT: Underage

Id date pic related

Take 10,000 IU of vitamin A each day and eat a lot of fruit. Anyone have good experience with derma needling? I need to get rid of mild acne scarring, particularly around the crease of my nose.

i'm going in next month for microneedling
i have a few scars and hyperpigmentation
hope it works because i've tried everything and nothing has worked
pray 4 me senpai

For hyperpigmentation have you tried sunscreen and AHAs or retinoids

i've tried:
- hydroquinone (doesn't work unless you're white)
- azelaic acid (not strong enough)
- tretinoin creme (didn't work either though it does help against pimples and shit)

the hyperpigmentation is too deep according to my dermatologist. they took a biopsy of my skin.

microneedling is pretty much my only option at this point.

i'm not too bothered with the scars (childhood playground accident) but it'd be nice if that can fade too; i'm mainly going in for the hyperpigmentation

the needles go deeper than any of the cremes i put on my face so i'm hoping it helps. it's really depressing when that spot on your face is the first thing you see whenever you look at yourself. i try to conceal it with concealer but it never looks completely natural

peelings are not recommended unless you have a light skin tone iirc

really hope it works
it's my final hope :

and yes i do use sunscreen but that won't make it go away; it will only prevent it from getting worse

What race are you

half white / half black

Just started doing this. I'm following the routine my derm recommended:

>Cleanse 2x a day
>Spot treat at night and remove in the morning
>Moisturize after shower
>Exfoliate 2x a week (chemical exfoliation)

Plus:

>Eat fruits and veggies
>Drink 2L of water a day
>Take short, cold showers

Also I've been reading /r/SkincareAddiction and /r/AsianBeauty for info.

Am I doing good? A question, is sunscreen really that important?

IN SHOWER:
1: I use an abrasive charcoal bar (to scratch away any dirt)
2: a charcoal deep pore cleansing lotion
3: exfoliating gel scrub
4: retinol
5: vitamin C
6: moisturizer with 30 SPF
AFTER SHOWER:
7: anti-aging eye balm
8: blackhead removing facial mask

Works very well for me, skin's always smooth and never break out or feel irritated

sunscreen is probably the most important piece of skincare. All that other shit you do is pointless without sunscreen.

Stop eating dairy.

how the fuck do i get rid of blackheads that ive had on my nose my entire life

nah nigga i just take estrogen and anti-androgen pills
no other effort required lmao

Anyone now a good product to darken skin? I'm super pale but I'm scared of turning orange from some lotions. Don't want to do a tanning bed cause cancer. Was thinking something like this?

Just want to put my skin care routine here...

Morning :
Cleanse : tbs vitamin e (pic related)
Toning : tbs vitamin e (pic related)
Serum : vitamin c from organic local brand
Eye cream : tbs vitamin c
Moisturizer : tbs vitamin e (pic related)

Evening/night
1st cleanser : garnier micellar water
(Double cleansing at night for clearer face with same product as morning after this except the moisturizer using tbs vitamin e night cream)
Sleeping mask/pack : Laneige sleeping mask

Exfoliate 2-3x/week with tbs drop of youth peeling gel, and i use sheet mask 2-3x/week

Don't scratch your face, eat healthy and take your daily showers. Don't expect results in just a few days but keep your rutine up.
Don't know what else there is. It's not like there's just some miracle skincare which can fix everything.

just embrace your race, dipshit

>making this unnecessarily about race
ask me how i know that you are a sad alt right beta male

Routine:

Wiping face/back/chest with weak salicylic acid solution shortly after waking up and before going to bed.
No cleansers or soap of any kind on the face when washing up.

That's it.
I went through a course of anti-fungals and various solutions after going to a dermatologist, and that's more or less what the doc recommended.
If a person has very oily skin, washing it with soap removes the oils, prompting even more vigorous development of oil, which is used as food by bacteria, fungus and mites, resulting in more breakouts.

What should I do for my skin?
I wash my face and moisturize every night
But having to shave every day is really taking a toll on my skin I think(didnt shave today but I do every day I work)
Also is it gay for a man to get his eyebrows done? How would I even go about asking for this and could I have them do it in little steps every few weeks so my peers do not mock me?

When I cut out protein powder my skin got a lot better ... for a while. Same thing happened when I cut out milk. I cleanse and exfoliate too. Now I only get red blotches and the odd whitehead around my chin but god damn it's so annoying, I wish I could just sort it out for good. Thinking of starting doing headstands every day (apparently the circulation is good for your skin; this would make sense cos I've been very inactive my whole life).

Might try that ... my skin is super oily too. Where do you buy it?

>tfw go on accutane after trying literally everything
>tfw my acne STILL FUCKING COMES BACK AFTER

put water on face
sometimes put cetaphil on face
dont go in the sun

my skin is basically perfect

i do this too
0 testosterone = beauty

>shave every day is really taking a toll on my skin I think

what happened? or are you talking about the zits??

>Also is it gay for a man to get his eyebrows done?
Why don't you just do it yourself with a tweezers like everyone else?

>mfw people who never had bad skin say stupid shit like "just use cetaphil cleanser every night and morning and drink a lot of water"

redpill me on tea tree oil

switched to a mild shaving soap rather than cheap shaving cream
no dairy or fast food
bentonite clay masks weekly
exfoliating with AHA
moisturizing with a tiny amount of unscented Lubriderm

Those steps were keeping my acne at bay, it has almost completely gone away after starting a cycle of 3000 IU vitamin D3 daily with 1200mg of NAC twice a week

The vitamin D supplements can also help with other shit if you just stay indoors all day.

oh and a ton of water. not diet pop, not flavored water, not juice, not beer.

This is a meme