Is it true that if you’re really effay, you are always hated on by mallcore normies who don’t know shit?

Is it true that if you’re really effay, you are always hated on by mallcore normies who don’t know shit?
Can you be truly effay and look appealing to normies too?
From my experience, no. If you dress in a creative way that doesn’t look like it’s straight outta H&M/Zara/Snipes everyone who isn’t into it will think you’re an idiot, even if you can pull it off. Which kinda sucks if you’re the only person in your circle who's interested in fashion and live in a shitty ass town.
So how to break the barrier?

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.middlebury.edu/individualandthesociety/files/2010/09/Simmel.fashion.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wear whatever the fuck I want disregarding others opinions. I have no fucking clue what "effay" means but since im no longer in middle school, I dont care what others think looks good.

If you try to dress "creative" you are doing it wrong and you'll end up looking awkward 9 times outta 10

>I dont care what others think looks good
Me neither.
But that’s the problem. This can be quite limiting on a social level.
And getting hated on a good, creative designer fit by people who wear pink Polo hoodies and snapbacks isn’t really all that fun.
And „effay“ = Veeky Forums

But isn’t dressing creative what it’s all about if you’re actually into fashion?
I’m not talking about crazy ass Rick fits, just fits that‘d probably get appreciated more by someone that’s actually into fashion, but just seem weird for any turbo-normie.

i know effay is Veeky Forums but that isnt a fucking meaning/definition

And I let my personality and actions determine my social well being, like they are supposed to. You aren't supposed to use clothing as a means for social well being, like I said, thats middle school shit.

no

some of the greatest and most creative designers dress normie core/basic as fuck

And im not saying there is anything wrong with dressing creative or unique. Im just saying if you have to really try and think about it , then it is forced. It should just be a natural reflection of your raw taste.

There is a difference between runway fashion / gala fashion / haute couture or whatever and ready-to-wear / dressing to look good or whatever yaknowwadimsayin

Just go full APC/Norse Projects/Our Legacy core. Its effay version of mallcore.

But that’s the point I was trying to make.
I dress like I want to. I wear what I like and what, in my opinion, suits me and my personality. But that’s just a little too much for some people if it’s not basic af.
Competely right, I agree. But it’s not so much about social-well being in general. What I meant was just the raw impression from your clothes, nothing more. And that definitely plays a part in your overall social impression, if you like it or not.
If they like it that way, ok.
I don’t. A chef might eat pasta everyday. That doesn’t mean he’s not a good chef. Designers don’t have to wear their own or fancy shit to be considered good designers.
Runway fashion is ready to wear for the most part. Some hauté couture might be in there, but not many designers actually put that much emphasis on it anymore.
And like I said, I don’t want to dress to impress, it’d be easy if I wanted to. I just want to wear what the fuck I like.

the answer is stop being underage

im serious

if ur 'effay' do u think u have the time to care about 'mallcore' 'normies'

calling people that is autistic and the only reason it bothers you is because youre on the same level as them

u grow up and get some self awareness and stop dressing like internet fashion because surprise, there exists a thing called the history of fashion and classical dress codes that you can refer to for timeless style thats still current without trying to wear cringey runway shit and i get to say that cuz i did it for years until i stopped internet and started real life

genuinely this

>I dont care what others think looks good.
>Me neither.
yes u do idiots lollll
no retard why do u think that
this
why do u care if its too much for some people lol i thought u didnt care what others think looks good lol
>i dont dress to impress
yes u do lol omg so underage

again the answer is live until u find a way to actually stop caring about petty shit like this while coming up with 20 reasons to justify to urself that u dont care

and thats only possible through life experience and building character u cant try to not care because then ur caring

stupid idiot dummy

I’m just disregarding that. Because honestly, you sound just like any broken turbo-normie.
Dude, dressing like some business casual catalogue is retarded. You have absolutely no interest in fashion if you do that.
>classical dresscodes
>#menswear

ive been into fashion before u even thought to dress yourself and i work in the industry
shut up dummy

Trying to find a way to integrate your own personal style into surroundings that aren’t really too fond of it doesn’t equal to exactly caring what others think of you, you fucking piece of shit special-ed mongloid fuck.
Dressing like a catalogue and according to guidelines (which you apparently are very fond of) however does.
>yes u do lol omg so underage
You write like that and call me underage?
Fuck your shit my guy

also what do u think mens clothing is based off of lol 21st century instagram micro trends? thats where fashion started? stupid dumb idiot shut up dumb haed

I really doubt that.
And what do you do? Retail job at Jack & Jones or some other mall store?

Are you fucking retarded?
>where fashion started
So you have to dress like normal people did for ages and look like every other motherfucker on the street to be fashionable? That’s what you’re saying?
Oh boy I’m sure literally every fucking serious designer on planet earth isn’t quite on your side here.
And using
>lol shut up dummy I read GQ
type sentences in every post you make doesn’t exactly help your position either, fuckwad.

im a janitor at ssense
why are u so obsessed with malls? why are malls a thing for you why are they in your periphery
could it be perhaps that to u they are a communal public place in which u often have business being at

protip 2 move out of your small ass town lol jack & jones has a store where u live lol what dummy stupid idiot dumbdumb poo head pee pee poo poo in ur mouth and anus

i work for le srs fashion designers retard
internet kids need to stop talking as if they understand even 0.01% of fashion designers process
u literally dont know anything
and i have no choice but to type like this cuz the difference in power level between us is unimaginable to u so if i were to actually go in (which i wont cuz thats fucking autistic and retarded) it would be wasted and u literally cant get it its impossible cuz u need actual experience

protip 3

think about what 'fashionable' is and why u feel the need to be / show it
theres levels above fashion in clothes u know fashion is low level shit in a sense

>im a janitor at ssense
Ok that explains a lot. I’ll go ahead now and get a shitty behind-the-scenes office job at some online reatiler, because then I’ll truly know what fasion is about, right?
Moving is not my intention and doesn’t really solve the issue, imho.

janitor means u clean buildings idiot
ur right it wont solve the issue cuz the issue is u being literally 17 and insecure af

>as if they understand even 0.01% of fashion designers process
Yeah I’m sure you do though. Because you have the EXPERIENCE. Dressing like a normie for years definitely puts you above anybody else, right?
And writing and expressing yourself like you have a mental disability is actually enhancing your point?
Wow my guy I hope I’ll get on your level someday.
I already explained that I basically just wear what I want. I don’t feel the need to show it, but dressing like anyone else isn’t gonna help either.
>there’s levels above fashion in clothes
What?
You should go back watching alpha m. and think about that sweet grey henley you’re gonna wear with those great bootcut blue denims.

On Veeky Forums it doesn’t.
A janitor is a mod here.
I’m just saying.

I’m neither underage nor insecure.
To me, somebody who caters their fashion specifically to normie tastes and to fit in seems more insecure.
But what do I know right?

>taking advice from somebody who works as janitor for an online retailer and thinks that makes him understand how fashion works.

Shiggy diggy doo

Did anyone in this thread read the essay by Simmel?
sites.middlebury.edu/individualandthesociety/files/2010/09/Simmel.fashion.pdf

yeah i do understand cuz i do have the experience not sure what ur trying to get at
u kids need to escape this mentality of "who i am" "this is me" "im being my own self" its all cover ups and mind trickery to latch onto identifications to make up for a lack of fundamental character

u can reference classical codes of dress, both mens and womens, and find ways to put it together in a way that aligns or at least is parallel to contemporary modes of dress for timeless but current style

instead of telling urself u r all these things and lol im so fashion normies aint shit!!!!!!!!1 mall lol and scrambling to latch onto any next designer u become aware of in hopes of "staying ahead" and being made a fool of the bs trend cycles and a fashion victim that never finds anything of their own while always telling themselves theyre le different

and having to always define yourself in opposition to average people. think about that my man. u care so hard about being better than everyday folk. dream bigger u should be trying to be better than real swag people, why r u aiming so low why is it so important for u that u position yourself primarily in relation to average people

seriously think about that for a second

yeah ur right u dont know shit
its funny how retarded your posts are but u for some reason (lack of self awareness and awareness of things in general) think ur being snarky when everything u think ur making fun of is actually correct lol

>im not insecure.

sounds like soething an insecure person would say lolLllllllllllllll
u dont have to 'cater to fit in' if its a non issue for you aka ur an independant adult who isnt autistic
why r u even thinking about the idea of 'fitting in' like why is it a topic in your mind
only weirdos like u think about stuff like that

literaly pee pee poo poo in ur mouth 24/7 365 days a year lol poo brain pee

Look, I get your point and I agree to the whole fashion can’t make up for personality standpoint. 100 % true.
>to make up for a lack of fundamental character
No. You don’t seem to get mine though.
Fashion and personality can/should compliment each other and interfere, but are two entirely different things in themselves.
Just because I like to dress in ways that seem more out of the ordinary for people like you, that doesn’t automatically mean that im
>having to always define myself in opposition to average people
It just means that I like being more creative in a certain field of expression because I just fucking like it.
Somebody who drives a nice car doesn’t have to be a dickhead, you know what I’m getting at?
Overall you sound very limited in your shit and like someone who is bitter towards other people just because of whatever reasons are plaguing yourself.
That’s why you automatically assume I’m having to make up for anything by dressing in certain ways and me just being interested in fashion, as you are in swiping floors or some shit (I don’t know), doesn’t even cross your mind.

>u dont have to 'cater to fit in' if its a non issue for you
Why are you assuming that all people who don’t have an issue with fitting in end up exactly the same and with the same tastes?
Can’t I just like dressing in some ways that aren’t liked by people who don’t give a shit about fashion?
How do you think I dress you fool?
You think I run around in fancy unwearable runway shit all the time or something?
No. That’d be fucking retarded.
I’ll revert that for you:
If you dress like everyone else, you don’t like standing out.
Not wanting to stand out equals having a lack of self confidence.
Why? Small dick?

reading this thread is autism. one guy is on Veeky Forums gloating about normies not liking him lmao

>If you dress like everyone else, you don’t like standing out.
Not wanting to stand out equals having a lack of self confidence.
LMAO

i worked with jonathan anderson for 6 months the man wears a plain sweater and blue jeans every day

fucking retard, the only reason u think that is because ur an autistic internet fashion kid who thinks u have to play the one up game to outdo others. have u ever thought that some people dont feel the need to stand out because theyre confident in how they are as people in person and dont need to try to *le express*~~~ their ***creativity***~~~ through clothes?

sit down pee face poo in ur mouth forever

Being fashionable is a trait -- you can be alpha and fashionable, or you can be beta and fashionable or you can fall somewhere in between and be basic

I wear what I want. Some of my normie friends and family sometimes give me shit about what I'm wearing in a playful way, but they know that I'm interested in fashion and that I know a lot more about it than they do, so it's nothing serious. I've never cared for the opinions of others about my aesthetic, anyway. The truth is that you can wear anything you want if you're attractive and wear it confidently; people will just use what you're wearing as a way to start up a conversation with you. I've found that more women approach me when I'm wearing edgier fits.

>Can you be truly effay and look appealing to normies too?

If you look good, and look "correct", in your presentation, then people will see a real person who knows themselves and is confident. If you don't look good, look "incorrect", look uncertain, and dont feel quite right, in the clothes youre wearing, then people will pick up off this also. Not everyone looks "correct" wearing more stylish risque clothes.

>Is it true that if you’re really effay, you are always hated on by mallcore normies who don’t know shit?

If you are really effay, you will just look like some sort person who is confident and knows what theyre doing. It's all about confidence. And knowing what looks good on you and feeling it. Because being truly effay, is usually an extension of an inner confidence and understanding of who you are as a person and what your role is in society. Once you know your role, you adjust your look into that role. It could be a doctor or a car salseman, but both will end up adopting the sort of "look" that is effay in its own way. People will start to ask you if you are "so and so", oh are you a mechanic? Are you this, because you will embody the archetype that exists in everyones mind.

>If you dress in a creative way that doesn’t look like it’s straight outta H&M/Zara/Snipes

this is not being effay, being effay isn't about dressing creatively. creatively implies experimentation, because you don't know what exactly it is your doing

>everyone who isn’t into it will think you’re an idiot, even if you can pull it off

if they aren't into it, just by looking at you, then you aren't pulling it off. when you "pull it off", people don't look at you funny, they look at you like how you are meant to be looked at, (as a real authentic person)

>only person in your circle who's interested in fashion

being interested in fashion doesn't make you effay, it makes you interested in learning how to clothe yourself or others effectively