Wipes out life on earth in a flood

>wipes out life on earth in a flood
>kills tens of thousands of his own people at the drop of a hat
>commands his people to commit rape and genocide

What the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xta31joiIhU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

According to the book he wrote, he's got perfect judgement and is literally always right
So I guess those tribals had it coming, or something

He was actually the Devil all along.

I don't remember a hat ever being dropped in the Bible
Checkmate atheists

Metaphors, right, except that Christians believed it was literal history until very recently.

>implying it isn't

>the true alpha

Wait until very recently I believed it was metaphorical - now I know for sure it's literal history.

>until very recently
Pretty sure Origen was writing about it being a metaphor in his De Principiis in the early second century

Because ancient Jews loved violence, like all Semitic peoples. Tribal conflicts were heavily ingrained in their culture, and it was pretty much all they ever knew.

It's the same reason why Islam is so violent in case you've wondered. If you want to understand Jewish mindset in the Torah just look at Muslims. Angry desert people who chimp out about everything.

It was a metaphor bro!

Origen believed that the flood and Noah's ark literally happened, animals and all.

Yeah, I heard they tried to explain the animals on Australia through large floating masses of debris which the animals lived for some time on all the way to Australia.

Well, I guess that's a better explanation that Augustine's "angels put them there"

What the fuck is their problem?

Most Christians where I come from barely even perceive the Old Testament God and the New Testament God as the same being.

Nice cherry pick you got there.

>IT'S OKAY WHEN GOD DOES IT

I-IT'S JUST A METAPHOR BRO! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TAKE IT LITERALLY.

Old Testament God is the biggest madman of all time.

Because he is the most unpleasant character in all fiction.

The Demiurge is but a child.

Too much sun exposure. I'm sure it's bad for the brain

Look at this round about 24:00.youtube.com/watch?v=Xta31joiIhU

They could do this wrong in the days of the first respected church. And for a long time.

Masturbation = everything that does not lead to offspring

= best said to be central, summarizing, for a whole fault in Christianity. The fact that this is considered a sin.

= a bigger, more whole something can follow if this is mentioned. So sort of used to symbolize in a communicable way.

It is not that this is done already by people from outside Christianity. No way. And it is sure that there is a God: healing miracles, apparitions, Christ on earth.

This may not sound this bad, but adding the fact that the church as a whole has never functioned well. And has always had this unacceptable bad influence.

The whole point of God is that you can't judge its actions by human conventions. He's above your petty morality.

>God is supposed to be a transcendent, unknowable, and perfect entity with unlimited power, knowledge, and goodness
>spends his time picking sides in petty tribal warfare

He sent Jesus to all of humanity.

Who picked side with the jews

Jews killed Jesus