Anyone here have any experience growing a beard with the use of minoxidil?

Anyone here have any experience growing a beard with the use of minoxidil?

Which is better, foam or liquid?

Any noticeable side-effects, I read minoxidil can cause an increase in LV mass and general heart problerms.

don't.
Despite the shit you'll read online, you'll have to keep using it to keep the hair. This is fucking bullshit. Also it dried out my skin very badly and I had to take so much more care of it while usng it... Can't recommend it. My beard was alright before but I wanted to fix 2 weird lacking spots. Would never do it again.

>Despite the shit you'll read online, you'll have to keep using it to keep the hair.

This has been disproven time and time again though, how long did you use it for?

ca. 18 months my dude. It's what happend to me, maybe it's not the case for everyone but it has been for me. It wasn't disproven man, don't know about the beard usage alone but for regular top hair it's a fact you need to keep using it. Try it if you feel like it and got some spare money, I sure feel like i wasted time, energy and money in this shit. I accepted my beard after that at least so whatever

Plenty of people report not losing any gains after stopping. Why would people make these reports then, they're all kirkland or rogain shills?

I'm sorry if you had that exeprience, but if u used it for 18 months something must've gone right?

And yes I agree for the head if you stop treatment they will just fall out, but the scalp is a different story than the face. The beard follicles aren't dead, merely dorment.

This might be broscience but this has been thing for well over a decade.

I've done it pretty inconsistently for over 2 years

I dries the hell out of your skin, I do have some gains but not enough to give me a good beard, and a lot of the new growth is that white sickly hair

I still use it occasionally because I get my hopes up for potential new gains or panic that i'll lose what I have but it's whatever. It kinda works.

I've been using it twice a day for 4 months now and I've made decent gains so far. I could only grow a scraggly goatee before and had some patchy hair on my jaw and cheeks. Now it's all starting to fill in. I still have several months to go before it looks good but I'm happy with it so far.

The only noticeable side effect for me is dry skin, which isn't really that bad since I live in a sort of humid climate. I used the foam at first because it was all they had at the store but I've started using the liquid kind now. It's pretty much the same once you apply it, it's just easier to make sure you use the same amount every time with the liquid.

>I've done it pretty inconsistently for over 2 years
You're supposed to use it every day until the hair becomes terminal or it won't work like it's supposed to. That white hair will eventually fall out and a normally pigmented terminal hair will start growing in it's place if you use it consistently.

In your opinion is the liquid more effective than the foam? I've already ordered a 3 month supply of regaine (Europe), just because I don't want to butcher my skin. Clinical trials on animals shows they're both as effective but would just like a personal opinion.

I don't really have any way of knowing if one was more effective than the other, I used the foam for 2 months and have now been using the liquid for 2 months. They both have the same amount of minoxidil in them so I assume they work just the same. I haven't noticed any difference in effectiveness or side effects, the liquid is just easier to apply.

>Eyebags
>Dry skin
>Accelerated aging

No thanks I'll stay a baby-faced soyboy

>was a babby faced asian
>started using this shit
>full samurai beard

now I'm a big jerk and everyone loves me

It kills cats

i hate cats

beardlet here, started using minoxidil to grow a beard about 4 months ago

>only had a mustache and some chin fuss
>everyone in my family (both my mother and my father's) has full beard
>never used any type of lotion/cream on myself, ever
>started using minoxidil 5% on my jawline
>3 months later I had a noticeable improvement, actually surprised
>one month pause
>starting again, putting it on my cheeks now

>never had any side effect regarding my libido, as horny as ever
>my hands are getting hairy because of me not paying attention to carefully wash them after applying the lotion on my face
>face is pretty damn dry from time to time, this only seem to effect the left side of it though

I'm far from satisfied with my beard but it seems to be working somehow

try using a moisturizer half an hour before you put it on

I've got a horribly uneven beard, but I'm just going to wait until I'm 25 to worry about it. I have a good mustache in the meantime

I tried it for 3 weeks

Was giving me premature wrinkles and it gave me a nasty rash on both ears

Do you have to be careful applying this shit, say you applied some on your nose everyday for a month, would you end up with hair on a spot on your nose? Or what about the hair line, do you essentially define your new hairline on the cheek? Or does it activate the hairline that is already there, just not growing?

This is why I'm settling with a patchy beard for now. You'll get wrinkles in no time flat by just drying out your skin for months at a time. Cracking it puts stress on it. This is also oxidative damage. There's a reason oily mediterraneans get wrinkles later in life.

well, actually... those black spots on most noses, the sebaceous glands, do contain a hair follicle. It is sort of possible to trigger that hair growth. same with pores on your forehead and stuff. But this would be pretty rare and if minox was working that good, you'd also have a thick af beard.