ROOM INSPO

finally saved up enough to get my own apartment, post inspo

don't really have much you could consider room inspo.

here we go

ill cboot a lil

only kinda like this so far tho
evrything else is abit basic bitch imo

wtf is this

I mean, this looks comfy as hell in the low light, but I feel if you turned on the lights it would look straight out of /r/battlestations/.

How can I make it comfier ? (Curtains color, light, plant disposition, bedside table, armchair)

maybe red lanterns on the sides of the white for the uncovered hanging lights? I like the El Huervo poster but the Hotline Miami one might be a little redundant. Also, move the picture of your family from the radiator to your desk. Maybe some red or maroon throw pillows?Looks comfy though.

3rd year architecture student desu
general things to make rooms comfy:
- textures: blanket on bed, wool, carpet
- ambiance: multiple lights with lower lumens and warmer colors. a strict rule is to never use your main hanging lamp (unless you need a lot of light to check something or idk)
- wall decoration; posters, paintings
- aestethics: plants (also big ones in pots on the ground, hanging from bookshelves etc), books, artwork, props

your room is bretty gud, but lights look a little too bright. replace the bulbs for lower lumens and warmer light ($20-25) and it will greatly improve. get some indoor plants for $20 with pots and it will already be a ton better.

awesome post man, do you have any other tips for making spaces look good on the cheap?

I'm moving into a new apartment in May. I want my room (at least) to have a calm, chill vibe, but how can I avoid making my room look like a manchild's room? What are the Dos and Don'ts?

plants/avoid game posters n things of that nature. Sometimes less is more ya dig

your natural body odor is cum

second hand stuff and be lucky with good pieces

no RGB LED lights. Try to stick to 3/4 colors. Don't mix wood, get some plants. For extra comfy get indirect lightning with warm light bulbs

someone gives helpful adivce on Veeky Forums for once and your natural reaction is to insult them?

fuck outta here with that nonsense

wow that picture is fucking spectacular, should've known it was eggleston. anyways, here's a slightly higher res for anyone that's interested

also pretty much what he said, you cant stress enough how imported the lighting is

what is that image being using to censor this guys face? looks familiar

it's the laughing man logo, from Ghost In The Shell

thanks user!

>should've known it was eggleston

don't kid yourself now, it could have been made by some tumblr film using kid just aswell. it straight up looks like a modern motel.

I'm moving out soon and want to use the smaller of the two bedrooms as an office/art studio space. How do I keep it comfy? I've been restricted most of my life to never displaying my art or having proper tools, as well as not being able to freely decorate and furnish, so I'm not quite sure where to start.
Also, I'd be sharing the room with my boyfriend's computer work station, so I'd like to keep my own space small.

>it could have been made by some tumblr film using kid just aswell
no it could not have

boring and contrived

thanks for the advice user

I want to rent an unfurnished place to avoid the aesthetic horrors of furnished apartments.

The trouble is, I would be renting it for only about six months. For that length of time, it would be more normal to go for a furnished place rather than having to buy furniture and then ditch it or pay to transport it. But I'll need to do it all over again for another six months, and so on for a few years.

So how do I make a place palatable and liveable with the absolute minimum amount of furniture?

I'm thinking True Detective-core, but I want more color. This is a serious bind for a maximalist decadent dude to be in.

I'll be honest with you, I'm not a plants, flowers and nature guy, but this is gorgeous, the apartment itself is beautiful, and the decoration really adds to the place.

Is this yours?

A place like that would be really depressing to live in. If you decide to go really minimalist at least get some art and shit so it's not too dead. Think of things you will be able to take along easily.

early 90's depression/stale cigarette smell core

Would be good if it weren't for the carpet. The carpet makes it look like an office.

>having your bed next to a old window
enjoy all that lost heat

it's not as that's a bad thing.

its joe mcmillans from hacf

yeah and flowers are gay I agree

Found the brainlet

Anyone know any effay chairs? Currently have the Ikea markus but trying to get something more minimal, anyone tried this meme kneeling chair?

A friend of mine had it in the 90s, it was cool and comfy

Aside from what said, I would change the curtain and the sheets for ones in a darker tone with perhaps some pattern on it ( something warm, like baroque patterns for exemple ), and really change the lightning as said before.

>finally saved up enough to get my own apartment
Great now you can start saving up to replace the carpet with tile and wood flooring.

go back

anyone have the pics of the guy living in a rundown Detroit house with thousands of dollars in musical gear?

Alright, thanks guys. So i'm taking blue curtains, warmer lights and plants

Get some sort of statue or object to be the centerpiece of your living room
The summer after I graduated from high school I got a Buddha statue that my friend's mom was going to take to Goodwill
I've used it as the center decoration in every dorm and apartment I've lived in
At this point it's one of my only possessions I care about

EAMES
A
M
E
S

these threads are almost identically the same for the last three years

anyway, posting my all-time student room favorite
bretty sure its og content from a fellow user

forgot to say that i know that most of the furniture is from IKEA, but the room is so goddamn nice

would personally replace the standing lamp and nightstand for neoclassic thrift gems

>pic is another favorite

Long term, maybe get new bed covers/duvets? If you like your bed and it's comfy then keep the stuff but maybe look into different beds as well?

Eggleston doing it waaay back then is why those Tumblr kids do it now

that was very ignorant of you

reminded me of this

I was basically thinking of minimalist maximalism, which sounds like a contradiction, but basically means no furniture and lots of patterns.

I would have damask wallpaper and lots of rugs to start with.

...And I'm considering using a bare mattress for a bed, and stacked cushions for furniture. I would need a wooden coffee table and some lamps, but that's about it.

Those Japanese had it right, low furnature is comfy.

i like this, but the ugly cheap-looking floorstanding lamp fucks it up big time

word murderer

i get that you just graduated from /b/ but not every board is about INTERNET IS ANARCHY FUCK NIGGERS XD. this is your final warning, any more posts like this an you'll be banned from every board but /hm/ and /mlp/

reported. enjoy your vacation

I'm generally leaning towards "Victorian opium den" as my theme for low budget decadence.

How not to do it. Not enough rugs to hide the cheap floor, not enough curtains to hide the cheap walls, lights too bright and too highly placed (you would want lamps on the floor,) too breezy and warehouse-like (you want closed off spaces; Japanese screens could work to divide a big room.)

I always loved this pic but just now I realise what an awful place to live in that would be.