Which nation has the most honourable military history ?

Which nation has the most honourable military history ?

America

India

Vietnam, beat

>Chink
>Mongol
>French
>Dutch East India
>Murican
>Thai
>Cambodian

Republic of Ireland

European peacekeepers with no colonial past

Loved by Lebanese

Butchered by Africans

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

>Ireland
HAHAHAHAHAH GOOD ONE

Germany

lol

>Praising Britain on Veeky Forums

Good luck, friend!

Bunch of fucking lefty revisionists are they?

define "honorable"

Speaking strictly about the nation then perhaps but it is open to interpretation.
And if we're talking about the irish people in general, then they also played a role in the British Empires conquests. Basically shooting savages for the most part

>Literally had a warrior caste from ancient times
>Pretty much destroyed Alexander's army, would have destroyed the rest if he continued on
>Different Kshatriya ran dynasties throughout their history
>Rajputs were based
>Mughals

>nation
You mean state

No, most people here just hate Britain. Massive Francoboos.

Also, hi Clarkson!

POO

Indeed, my bad

USA

>always good guys
>never lost

Burgundy ;~;)7

>got fucked by all of them and could only fight back after enduring decades to millennia of cuckholdry, by which was enough time for them to obtain the weapons used by their conquerors

Viets are just treacherous subjects that's all. Hardly honorable. Not to mention exterminating their own ethnicities just to settle regional disputes.

It really depends on your definition of honor as most nations committed horrendous acts of betrayal, pillaging and massacre instead of 'fighting fairly'. If we are talking about how our in the most traditional sense, it'd have to be some ancient country where they treated prisoners mercifully and still had agreements and duels between leaders before a battle. I'd say one of the Ancient Greek states or Shu Han from the three kingdoms period.

top zozzle

Battle of Cochin :^).

t. phuong goc nguyen

t. Beta

top zozzle

Italy, when they were Rome back then.

All though I suppose this is only a matter of opinion thread.. But if I had to be as unbiased as possible it would be Rome.

/thread

>/thread

zozzle

Johnny come lately,
picking on little countries,

>>/thread

Still got under French occupation for an entire century

Kingdom of Prussia

>Lost a battle to monkies with sharpened sticks

More like the most laughable

Honor is for losers.

t. annoying horse archer player from Mount and Blade: Warband

Kill yourself for always delaying the round just because you don't want to ever get near the enemy who happens to be infantry.

1806 alone is enough to nullify all their previous and following deeds

t. Brit

>honour

Isn't funny that the people who bang on about honour all the time are the losers in history?

>b-b-but at least I had muh honour!

>never lost

What about Vietnam, Afghanistan, Korea, Iraq (the second time around), or the War of 1812 ?

Except they redeemed themselves at Waterloo when they saved Wellington's ass.

If you're not fighting with underhanded tactics then what the fuck are you doing.

Not him, but:
>Vietnam
We lost.

>Afghanistan
Is mostly functional as it's own thing, so we won. Or at least tied, we certainly didn't lose though.

>Korea
We accomplished our war goal of preserving South Korea, a clear victory. Although the lack of the elimination of North Korea often causes people to incorrectly believe that we tied or lost.

>Iraq War 2
We won the invasion, and then the peace, but the Iraqi government stopped accepting our help and inflamed sectarian tensions until it spiraled into the caliphate moving in. They're now removing said caliphate with our help, and doing a good job of it. So overall it looks like we're gonna win there too.

>War of 1812
Status Quo Antebellum, so a tie, but we got international respect and Britain stopped fucking with us. Not a loss.

>but we got international respect

Lmao what
The world (at least the parts developped enough to care about what happened outside of their borders) was focused on what was happening in Russia

France obviously

Pre-1812 the US could have never commanded the respect required to write something like the monroe doctrine and expect it to be taken seriously. European powers didn't care that much, but they noted that the US went up against Great Britain alone and won. In the revolution we had France and Spain as major allies, so our win was attributed mostly to their support.

Chile desu

The conquered nations.

None of these are clear losses.

In the case of Afghanistan and the 2003 Iraq war, they were clear military victories. What made those two wars disasters were the political and diplomatic failings.

In the case of Vietnam, the cost of continuing, both in resources and unrest at home, was too great to be worth it, so we pulled ourselves out. It was just one part of the greater conflict with the Soviet Union. And Soviet influence in Vietnam wasn't the worst outcome, because it also had the effect of containing China and breeding more distrust between the two.

In 1812, we were not quite defeated, but we suffered greatly at the hands of hit and run tactics for the duration. While many will point to the burning of our capitol as though it were proof of a loss, the actual results of the war were mixed.

Forcing the UK to rely on such underhanded tactics as the ones they employed was quite a feat.

It's one thing to burn a city and run, it is entirely another to actually hold ground.

>has to rely on meme wars

The UK cared enough to basically give us whatever we wanted in every subsequent territorial dispute.

/thread

t. burger

Same, but unironically.

Very fucking possible. I respect Poland and its military history.

I would say France and Rome

You do know that the U.S didn't win the War of 1812 right? It was a stalemate.

finland i guess

>fighting WWII
>actually try to not leave guys behind

Also not entirely within the domain of military history, but we basically handled postwar Japan about as well as anyone could.

Serbia remove kebab

Israel

:^)

You didn't beat Americans, they just stopped giving a shit and left.

1871 best year of my life, Elsass-Lothringen rightful German clay

Republic of Finland

:^)

> Doing a good job
> Iraqi goverment

It's the popular militias and the US air support that are pushing their weight in this sectarian quagmire

Iraq was a failed state as soon as they dethroned Saddam, much like Libya

You could replace "Americans with xxx" , for it could be applied to nearly all of invasion forces

Example
>Yo, Mcdonald, You didn't beat Brtis, they just stopped giving a shit and left

>Yo, greek niggas, you didn't beat Persians, they just feel boring and left

>beaten
>destroyed Alexander's army
>????

[/thread intensifies]
Ave.exe

This

Who else if not France.

yup i agree it's france obviously

Scotland

this

Part of honor is winning your battles :^)

Spain.

PD: Genocide is not dishonourable if it's against rebels and subhumans.

This thread has been up for two days and no one has said Japan? Come on guys, remeber Bushido? Killing yourself instead of dishonoring your family? The kamikaze pilots who died for their country?

>implying they were beaten

The only war that the U.S. lost of those was Vietnam

Mesoamericans were not subhuman, they adopted christianity extraordinarily well, we're good trading partners and have built their own cities and technological advancements.

I understand you're baiting, but even with that mindset I still think you're wrong

Rome France and Prussia/Germany

Britain probably has the least honorable one

They teamed up with the rest of Europe to beat Spain
They teamed up with the rest of Europe to beat France
They teamed up with the rest of Europe to beat Germany
But has Europe ever teamed up to beat Britain?
Nope, simply because Britain has literally never fought an European war by itself

Hey be nice to colonial americans

there hasn't been a battle fough on english soil for hundreds of years

and even then it was a civil war

>destroyed Alexanders army
>lost a battle where they hugely outnumbered their opponent and held he river bank
>got BTFO by a few cavalry men crossing with little infantry support
>completely panicked

Yeah they sure showed those Macedonians

Those who did that were respected (or killed by disease). The rest got what they deserved.

Having a good navy doesnt make your military history honorable

When France and Germany fought some wars alone against the entire world, it was honorable
Did Britain ever do something like that?

Literally what he said.

>Germany in WWs
>Honourable

Yeah, surely conquering Zulus or hiding on your island while Germany bumfucks Europe is more honorable than taking on the entire world alone

>But has Europe ever teamed up to beat Britain?

Yes, the current election, and the EU has won with the death of that one libtard.

This

>Viets are just treacherous subjects that's all. Hardly honorable.
Vietnamese are the ultimate dindus. The Chinese invasions of Vietnam were punitive in nature and at the behest of overthrown rulers.

there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity

Actually - Canada.

Canada has never started a war however we have been involved in WWI & WWII including some of the worst battles and campaigns. Have fought in Korea - the PPCLI (Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry is the only unit with a Presidential Citation)

Canada has served in UN Peacekeeping efforts all over the world. I would say Canada has the most honourable military history.

Oh - and they even beat the US in 1812 by burning down the White House.

Aluetian Islands incident and Gallipoli discount any Anglo countries

The fact that Brits did hide does not make Germany behaviour honourable.

>Gallipoli

As the thread is "most honorable" if you look at a Countries service record. No I would say that your broad negation is invalid. As no Military Record is perfect - Canadas is still the most honorable.