I'm looking for leather shoes that I can wear with chinos or jeans

I'm looking for leather shoes that I can wear with chinos or jeans.

I like leather, because that's my style, and I prefer shoes to boots for the sake of a good silhouette with skinny fit trousers.

I have some brown Loakes, but I think they're a little too formal.
Suede is out and I don't like brogues (wingtips.)

What do you recommend, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

meermin.es/in_en/10147510190000se-19-101475-black-calf-e-negro.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whats wrong with suede?

Wet climate. It's annoying, because it would instantly solve this style problem.

>formal
Why does this matter? I belive all proper leather shoes look formal to someone.

just the chelsea boots, its the hottest meme shoe right now

Well, I'm mainly concerned about looking like a prig to people who know about formality.
I'm not worried about the sweatpants brigade.

Get derbies or bluchers. Unlike oxfords, they are casual enough to be worn in non-formal outfits.

I think I technically already have derbies. They look similar to these and to the ones in the OP.

Plain leather, no cap-toe, brown.

Loake, Ecco, JCrew, Hugo Boss and Meermin are your go-to companies for mid-shit-tier shoes. You can get a """good""" pair for under 250$.

Keep in mind you cant say you own a good pair of dress shoes unless they cost at least 500$+ (calfskin). But if you planning on wearing them casually with jeans then you wont be needing a good pair to begin with, so just stick to the aforementioned companies.

>Loake
>Ecco
Are you seriously putting these in the same tier?

Are you implying Loake shoes are above average?

It's a fact that they are above Ecco, Rockport, and some chino manufacturer.

Meermin and loake aren't even close to that other trash you listed, they're way better in terms of quality and construction.

>skinny fit trousers
accept your faggotry and get some chelseas

meermin.es/in_en/10147510190000se-19-101475-black-calf-e-negro.html

Strongly considering exactly that.

Skinny - I'm thin as a rake and nothing else suits me. If I were over six feet tall I would wear slim fit.

Lmao. Loosen up, nobody wants to see your spandex panrs no matter how skinny you are

Thank you for that insightful observation.

You are welcome :^)

Is there a valid reason you don't really want casual shoes(brogues, boots, suede) but want casual shoes?

Try Loake double monks then.

If you already have derbys you're good. I don't get the problem.

They're pretty shiny. I suppose what I want is plain leather with a matte or grain texture, and maybe 5 eyelets instead of the 4 my pair has (looks too minimalist.)

Don't polish them so much so they don't have that shine, or are they "polished leather"?

It's not patent, but it's inherently slick. I'd post a picture but my phone card is broken.
The texture is very similar to these monk straps:

Should i cop?

I don't mean patent, but polished leather that loake uses extensively on its lower end shoes. If it's real calf you can buy a brush with syiff bristles.
No. Kys.