What was modern Pakistan like pre-Arab invasions and pre-Islam? Not just before the partition...

What was modern Pakistan like pre-Arab invasions and pre-Islam? Not just before the partition. Surely it wasn't exactly the same as India?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism#Theology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pakistan minus the Iranic areas is India you fool.

Pakis are literally Muslim Indians.

Most of it was literally India even after islam. The only thing that makes modern Pakistan not india is the fact that the Republic of India claims this name and Pakistan doesn't want to be part of it. That's the only reason we have to use words like Hindustan, South Asia or Indian Subcontinent that were direct synonyms with India in the past.

That said, India/Hindustan is massively varied and in no way monolithic. In this aspect it's better compared to Europe than a single european country or region. The regions of Sindh and Punjab were one of those indian cultures and arguably where it all started for the indians.

Balochistan and Afghanistan (both the paki and the independent part) are more like a border region between iranic/central asian world and the hindustan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism#Theology

There was no pakistan before 1947

A mix of Hindus and Buddhists. Arguably the most prosperous region of the Indian subcontinent at that time, with trade routes connecting from Eurasia and China. It's obvious that the region we now consider to be Pakistan today wasn't considered one entity, but like the rest of what is now India, ruled by various city states ran by Kshatriya kings.

And:
>The regions of Sindh and Punjab were one of those indian cultures and arguably where it all started for the indians.

This.

One day my Pakistan will return to its former glory.

That was probably a minor play. The major religions were Buddhism/Hindus. Arguably more buddhist than Hindu, given the amount of Buddhist architectures.

>South Asia
its a cold war era american term so that their paki allies wouldn't get buttblasted.

Depending on the region

Pic related, one of the most based Pakistani kings

Or the fact that it is quite literally, the south, of Asia.

Buddhist Greeks.

Prove me wrong.

>Or the fact that it is quite literally, the south, of Asia.
It was never called South Asia for all of it's history until the post cold war era.

>based pakistani things
>loses
>treat me like a king :DDD

Alexander getting shot is more funny.

Pretty much. Although nowadays it's useful to avoid plebs saying "but that's not India, it's Pakistan" not due to politics but due to massive retardation and lack of knowledge.

eh, the person will be called Indian more often than pakistani because there are more indians than pakistanis and they look vaguely similar.

>Rapes most of Alexander's army
>Alexander would have been overthrown if he hadn't kept Porus in power
>Manlet Alexander goes off and massacres villages of Indians
>Literally no proof of Alexander's confrontation with Porus

Actual greek settlements were more common more further north, in afghanistan and central asia, iirc.

Iranian and local rulers with greek and buddhist influences were more common in Pakistan. Greco-buddhism is an artistic/cultural term.

>because there are more indians than pakistanis

Where? Here brown muslim=paki and less brown muslim=moroccan.

unless your dick is hanging out how can you tell if the brown guy is a mooselimb?
I have to order bacon so that burgers don't give me stink eyes.
yeah. They got monged badly by the kushans and guptas though.

For example the picture in the OP is greco-buddhist art but belongs to the times of the Kushan Empire, the kushans being tocharian or iranian peoples.

>unless your dick is hanging out how can you tell if the brown guy is a mooselimb?

You assume it because the majority of them are, that was my point. Where in Europe are indians common, except the UK? But Pakis are everywhere.

Kushan empire adopted Greek language initially. Later on phased out the speech but kept the written greek.

They used greek and bactrian, yes. It's normal for nomadic and relatively undeveloped peoples to adopt the language of more sophisticated settled cultures for court and administrative affairs.

they are India
the Pakistanis are of the same ethnic group as the Indian the ONLY difference is the religion and slightly more culturally influenced by Middle Eastern events (like the conquest of Alexander and Timur the lame)

>the Pakistanis are of the same ethnic group as the Indian

Except Indians are comprised of various ethnic groups.

This board has gone full retard.

I wonder if there is a forumla for genetic variance by distance in any given country.

>Arguably the most prosperous region of the Indian subcontinent at that time

The Muslims made the region of current pakistan filthy rich. richer than ever before.

Also, there has never been prosperity under Hindus except for the top caste.

it would be less than .00000001 (insert whatever unit for measuring genetic variance) across the globe. Humans have very little genetic variance. Ethnic groups are basically language groups.

Careful, you'll trigger the /pol/ kiddies who don't understand the difference between phenotypes and genetics

>t. Paki

Even today India is richer per capita and safer than Pakistan.

Islamic Republics = Failed States in the modern world.

He's right though India was producing the most wealth(compared to the rest of the world under muslim rule). Doesn't mean Indians were all rich but still.

Aren't Pakis more related to Pashtuns? Most Pakistanis I've seen are more fair skinned compared to Indians(even the muslim ones)

Pashtuns are something like 15-20% of the Pakistani population, making them the 2nd largest ethnic group in the country.

Generally speaking, however, all non-Dravidian Indians are relatively similar looking and form a continuum from relatively European-looking to reasonably Asian.

They were doing that well before islam

Why is Buddhism so comfy?

Makes me wanna recline and recognize the non-existence of the self while sitars, gongs, and bamboo flutes play ambiently