ITT: We post ONE (1) good piece of Veeky Forums advice

ITT: We post ONE (1) good piece of Veeky Forums advice.

The first step to looking good in clothes is looking good without them. Do you want to be Veeky Forums? Ottermode? Skinnyfat? Thick? Skelly? Focus on that first.

Fuck colours; wear black.

It's not about the piece, it's about the outfit.

Find inspo and see what style you like before you start spending a lot of money on certain pieces

Never let a piece of clothing wear you - You need to feel confident enough to ensure the fit you wear is an honest reflection of your inner self to some degree.

As well as Pic Related.

Dont take advice from Veeky Forums

Aping a look without having the personality or lifestyle to back it up is cosplay, not fashion.

This is terrible advice. The only reason the all black meme was popularized is because so many people wanted to look good but were lazy and uncreative. There is absolutely nothing worse than someone who thinks wearing all black 24/7 is the pinnacle of fashion. Colors can look good. Colorful outfits have so much potential.

just be yourself

And have confidence.

Confidence is earned. People on Veeky Forums aren't confident because they have nothing to be confident about.

It's not about the outfit, it's about the wardrobe

Pro tip: Wear whatever the FUCK you want. Everyone will view your outfits with a different perception. There will always be a select few who dislike or like your fit.

100% natural fabrics unless you are going 80's glamcore, in which case go nuts.

bingo

It's not about the wardrobe, it's about the credenza.

Your comfort > the hottest trend

spit in the face of every woman you meet until they all decide to stop dressing like shit

and they all dress like shit right now

yes, even your "qt modest shoegaze traditionalist slav k-pop waifu"

Wear at least one article of clothing that stands out above all the others. Like a colorful scarf or vibrant socks.

Typically I go for a neutral colored shirt, black or dark jeans and then contrast them with like red shoes or an interesting scarf as I said. During the winter this is easier, a flashy coat works well too.

And when I say flashy I don't mean something gody, just a nice colored piece of clothing that stands out.

And fake it until you make it... so... don't be yourself

Fit is king. A two hundred dollar outfit that fits will look better than an outfit that costs two thousand dollars that doesnt fit.

Very good wisdom. You can also use the color contrast in order to focus a part of your body. A scarf will usually focus your face. A long one can probably make you look thinner, as it drags the view all the way from the top to the bottom of your body, etc.

>cosplay
what the fuck this is the second thread on here I've seen today in which a person has no idea what cosplay is, is it always like this in here? /cgl/ is rolling in its grave

And don't obsess over something to the point where you don't like it

God no, I hope most people here don't wear color because they hate it. There's a reason to limit your colors, but this shouldn't be it.

THIS, above all else. Git what fits. If it don't fit well, it will always look like shit, no matter what you do, or how much you spend.

Don't wear what you think others would say looks cool, wear what you think looks cool. Remember that feeling when you were a kid and liked something? Search for that same feeling when you're piecing an outfit.

Not everyone will like it, but at least you will.