I fucking hate this

i fucking hate this
>"Lé quirky pnw instagram nomadic hipster core"

why pnw males are the ultimate nu-males?

most these are douchebags working at headshops/potshops. As well as college freshman/stoners

more serious college age people will be wearing streetwear-esque stuff or normcore, or prep.

Honestly I'd like to vouch for Washington. If you come here and go outside of Seattle, you'll find that much of Washington is poorer and much more conservative than you'd think. Seattle and the surrounding areas are where all these people are. The other 80 percent of the state is pretty straight-laced in terms of lifestyle and fashion sense.

(washington resident all my life)

Seriously what's wrong with this look?
This look is comfy as fuck.

P.s: he's a pnw photog @andrewtkearns

pretty on point. I'm from the east side of the state (the conservative side). obviously some people will try to create an identity out of the area (i.e. flannels, pnwlife), but portland is much worse for that type of shit desu

If I'm moving to Washington for a computer job (devops or backend; Linux) and don't want to live by these guys, any idea where I should look?

who cares, why do you care so much? You must have a pretty shit life to care this much about what someone is wearing on instagram desu~.

maybe you should re-evaluate yourself for the new years.

that look literally doesn't look fucking quirky at all

it looks good

people ITT are just triggered pol soyboys who can't comprehend something other than menswear or streetstyle

I like to hit two degrees left of that mark and be comfycore 24/7

makes life easier, and now that trumps in office people are more mad about politics and don't care what you wear in public anymore

As an oldfag, 27 years old, I can tell you literally all these men have the same life course.
After
>smokes weed once
They try a bunch of psychedelics, grow out their hair and facial hair, and read entry level philosophy like Camus, Sartre, etc. Then they go abroad to South America on daddy's money, do ayahuasca and start speaking pigeon Spanish. They then get a mediocre office job and you get to watch their goatskin drum and travel guitar start collecting mold as they slip into a mediocre and uninteresting adulthood. But hey at least they "found themselves" rite??

I've seen like 5 guys spend their 20's following this course exactly. They're like cattle. It's disturbing.

nothing suspicious about this at all

seems like a pretty good life
why are you bitter? they certainly had more fun than you

lol stay mad pnw soyboy
ur boring get over it

Wish I lived in PNW

t. Brit

If that is a "good" enough life for you, my condolences.

imagine hiking with those shoes on OP

pls tell me how great your 20s were

oh hey look it's
lmfao

my 20's were great btw. Incidentally I myself both traveled to South America and did a bunch of psychedelics. I just happened to cultivate an actual personality, unlike these men.

And trust me when I say these men are a dime a dozen. They hit on me all the time.

that's one of the most depressing descriptions I've heard in my life

nice ad hominem i guess (?)
so you did the same shit youre complaining about? got it
by personality i guess you meant shitposting here on a wednesday morning lol...

my only issue with the OP fit is the socks/sandals bullshit btw

not him but you sound butthurt. did he hit a nerve?

hey man just go with the flow lmao
i'm a girl. didn't i mention that these guys hit on me all the time? i think the fact that i'm a girl makes this funnier, don't you?

naw not at all
its just funny how people here assume all this shit off a single pic and act like they're better than that
if you were better, you wouldnt be doing that kind of shit
just judge the fit desu

>just judge the fit desu
it's shit.
lol

see? its so much easier

I've considered moving to the PNW or Colorado from the Midwest, but the people seem insufferable.

>As an oldfag, 27 years old
This better be bait, son.

yeh and the midwest is a real bastion of cultured sophistiation

t. faggot coastie who dresses like ops pic

It obviously isn't, but the people here aren't pretentious assholes about everything. My uni has solid representation from every region of the US, and even rich kids from New England are more pleasant to be around than the fags from California, Colorado, and the PNW.

Fuck off we're full

this isn't even fashion

this just looks like some normie that bought the first 5 things he saw at H&M

what does pnw stand for? papua new washington?

I can't speak for the entire state, but Boulder, Denver, and the ski resort towns are almost exclusively populated by transplants from California and New England, leaning heavily towards the former.

I went to Portland recently and the hipsters there are disgusting.
Fucking man children babies

this doesn't looks that bad except for le comfy sandal with le comfy wool socks

I'm moving to WA from NYC. Tired of the city life and just want to keep to myself away from Seattle. Will the locals hate me?

no you'll just hate yourself, this is considered a nice part of NYC

and I'm not an instagrammer trying to model in the PNW, but maybe you folks don't realize how easy it is to explore the place and see some of the most incredible sights in the world. This inspires people. There is nothing wrong with wanting to travel the PNW

pacific new guinea

cosmopolitan folks don't understand that people do actually hike and travel here

townies

why do people in the PNW dress like they actually do things??

in Connecticut, their idea of a good time is going to the mall

please stay in your trashy service economy state

I said i'm moving FROM nyc to washington

Not the other way around

Sounds better than my 20's.

whoops, I moved from NYC to Oregon. Would never step foot in that shithole again.

though Seattle has its fair share of ugly and homeless, so don't expect it to be quaint.. though there are many neighborhoods much more quaint than anything in NY outside of upstate or Suffolk county

though in NYC, you drive for an hour and you're either in NJ, Long Island, or some other hellhole. Seattle, you drive for an hour and you can be in paradisal landscapes.

moreso if you live in a smaller city, of course.

the stoner meme isn't a joke, but there are people who don't smoke. it's just the equivalent of what drinking is in NYC, so it is everywhere

PNW is just awfully pretty sorry folks

It's the final breath of that goofy boring "new americana" bullshit faggots were trying to push a few years ago. As if anyone but some white guys would want to dress like they stepped right out of the midwest. foh with that shit

Oh hey, the painted hills. I was there just this last summer. We camped off the John Day, really lovely trip.

On Veeky Forums anything over 23 is old. Hate to break it to ya. I'm 28, been here since the early days. Not as much as I used to, and even I realize I'm getting to old for
this shit.

And what about you? Where have you traveled? How did you spent your 20's? Where do you work? What do you do for a living? I'm guessing you must have a great life since you got everything figured out.

here's the Clarno unit

I find the John Day area and pretty much all of central Oregon stunning...

White River Falls being my personal vote for heaven on earth

>Coastie

Kek. I love how you flyover tards actually think that living in the non-asshole of the country is somehow a bad thing. Have fun being in a place that's 10 years behind the fashion of the 1st world.

>They try a bunch of psychedelics, grow out their hair and facial hair, and read entry level philosophy like Camus, Sartre, etc. Then they go abroad to South America on daddy's money, do ayahuasca and start speaking pigeon Spanish.
I'm in the last year of high school, just had my hair long for two years and recently cut it, I read entry level philosophy, plan to go to south america and learn spanish. Am I doomed?

No not at all, I'd recommend you try to go down there it's fun. Just be sure that somewhere along the way you grow a little as a person. I'm not saying you need to try to seek out some sort of life changing experience, tripping balls in the jungle is tripping balls in the jungle, it's not some spiritual catalyst that's going to change your life forever. I mean hallucinogens are fun and you can have some interesting insights while on them, but ultimately they're just drugs and you're not going to learn anything from them that you didn't already know subconsciously.

Meet people, see cool stuff, and try to learn to accept and deal with uncertainty and things outside of your control. That last bit is what being a grown up is all about.

gonna reiterate the other guy. psychedelics make you think you're profoundly changing your life, but they're not doing anything but messing with your brain circuitry. I'm not anti-shrooms or whatever, I just had my ego death experiences and trips and really don't think it's anything but a big joke that stupid people latch onto because it's the only time they've ever felt like they knew something.

growing long hair and facial hair is OP though

Especially that last bit sounds like what I'm experiencing right now, thanks

basically this. psychedelics make you have a lot of thoughts very quickly. if you're used to having thoughts, this experience can be intense but not wholly unfamiliar. if you don't usually have thoughts, you're going to think it's something truly incredible.

i like drugs. they've improved my romantic relationship and given me a deeper appreciation of mathematics. but like the dalai lama said to allen ginsberg; there's no long-lasting positive change that you can get from drugs that you can't get through sufficient discipline while sober.

this style looks comfortable. there's a lot of room to experiment with texture and color.

Original writer of that post here
Of course theres nothing wrong with doing any of the things i named individually. Psychedelics can be amazing and transformative experiences. South america is beautiful. Read Deleuze and Lacan instead of Sartre and Camus. Trust me.

What i meant was there is a specific type of man who frequently hits on me because im a pretty face who dresses cool. Their entire personality rests on their psychedelic experiences and their travel to "america del sur". They are empty, miserable snobs with their heads up their asses. I want to give them a name but i cant think of them right now.

Anyway youre at the age where hearing these dudes regail you with their "profound" "journey" might make you feel insecure about your life, and feel like youre wasting it by doing cool things that youre interested in that dont involve traveling or doing drugs.

Perhaps thats why i was so harsh towards them. I wanted to protect young people like you and let you know you can spend your 20s in a variety of ways and the stuff youre really gonna look back on fondly is when you were doing stuff you genuinely WANTED to do, and didnt do just because "its part of the journey maaaaaan"

Watching these guys rot away into lameo hasbeens (who STILL think they have a shot with me lmao) has taught me personally that I DID spend my 20s right, that these guys werent nearly as interesting as william burroughs and jack kerouac made them sound, and that drugs and travel do not DO NOT automatically make you cool or interesting.

Very important lesson for young adults like u, IMO at least.
Wow this post was long. My bad

>hey I'm a girl :^)))
fuck off cunt

and
are all the same person kek
b
t
f
o

>67 replies
>39 posters

w2c sandals?

>watch out its incredibly easy to while away your twenties doing nothing and suddenly turn thirty and realise your peers are streets ahead of you and you have aged out of your aesthetic and have nothing else but the noose

bitch why the fuck would you post this on Veeky Forums of all places as a searing insight

say that to my face fucker and see what happens

You seem really mad that this guy is dressed like mac demarco.

I dunno, if they're going outside and not making this face it seems all right to me.

Tacoma is so much better, and cheaper, than Seattle. Tacoma is the best city in all of Washington

the suburbs

>upstate ny
>north penn
>not incredibly beautiful with old towns, farms, and forests
Yeah sounds like your some dipshit that lived in NYC for a year or two and then couldn't hack it

yet here you are watching me masturbate

If you like to be depressed, cold, high, and drenched in rain 9 out of 12 months of the year then yeah you should move to PNW.

ITT: judging books by their covers

Veeky Forums is officially highschool-tier judgemental

Who goes hiking in flip flops? Not practical seems try hard

i don't understand, people in seattle dress just as shitty as anywhere else. i go to uni here and everyone just wears hoodies and ugly rain jackets, desu i haven't even seen a large amount fits like in the OP

don't delude yourself, the majority of WA outside of seattle is either strip mall hells or methhead shitball towns

What. No. I’m born and raised in Olympia and my experience is not like that at all.

Straight laced? Nah man, maybe our parents generation in white collar work.

Young people don’t usually dress well around here.

These kind of people are popular, so are the whole nu-male meme.

Pic related

You described the fuck out of me.... fuck

Thanks, it's not even that bad with me probably, it's not like I plan on revolving my personality around drugs and travel, I have plenty other interests that will be more important in my life,

Terrible for hiking Tbh

#
THIS

i literally wasted my photography because of him and fuckers like him. i used to do lots of street/architecture photography 3 years ago and i was regular ig poster and suddenly this "pnw vibe" started blowing up on ig. at that time i thought they are so fucking cool and my photos suck.
so i stopped posting on ig. i was only thinking about #PNWVIBE. imma depress loner loser and photography was the only good thing i had. comparing my life/photography with theirs affected my life so damn much.
the reality was bot followers, bot likes, pirated vsco presets lol and they were selling "your life is shit look how cool we look in wooden cabins". their almost everything is fake.
i know i am autistic but pnw's instagram fake fuckers like him are the worst.

sandal-wearers do

pls be my mommy gf

> tfw live in London
> tfw no wilderness to explore
I live in the outskirts near the country so it's tolerable but I wish I could just vanish into the great outdoors and see waterfalls et al

Pic related is where I live and it's comfy but you Americans have no idea how good you have it

just move to scotland, wales or the lake district, comfy as fuck my man

that's the end goal
or norn iron for poverty but muh guns

I think some posters in hear touched a nerve. A lot of salty soys getting a little agitated and it's proving their point.

Look my 20s have been mediocre at best, laying giant amazon feminists every 3 months at most, once a year at least, spending all of my money on drink while being wholly unattractive and travelling no where, shackled to the floor by debt I didn't have to foresight to avoid. I'm 25 now and about to finally finish an advanced diploma and start a career but I did little more than have vapid fun and abuse substances since I was 18.

But it's insane just how formulaic and generic a lot of people's experiences in their 20s are. It's like their following some kind of instagram blueprint for how they think a well adjusted 20 year old should live their life today. It's bizarre. The only thing that irks me is they do it on dad's money, working small time bullshit jobs not really knowing how it is to be so poor that you have to survive and pay rent on the money you make at the vegan taco stand. Maybe I'm a little jealous but I think it somehow invalidates that "finding yourself" experience

>that pic
Literally my neighbors in east Nashville. I wish they'd round these people up and put them in camps, they're fucking everywhere here and more of them keep showing up. This used to be an actual southern city

how do they compare to brooklyn hipsters?

nigga I grew up in NYC, and of course I would go up to Lake George, Lake Placid, and the rest of upstate whenever I fucking could. The PNW is still much more beautiful with better climbing. You've gotta drive a FEW hours to get there, not one. Learn to read, my nigga.

they're fatter and less tryhard, but I don't mean that to compliment them. Brooklyn hipsters are just big on knowing the most obscure thing ever and letting you know about it, blah blah blah. Portland hipsters just have their own culture that everyone there knows, and try less to one-up each other and more to just out-smoke or out-drink each other. They're more degenerate in that sense, but maybe more jaded. Most of their parents may have been hipster-types, while brooklyn hipsters had parents who watched football.

>lake George
>not a tourist trap
>using nigga in a vain attempt at NYC authenticity
Ok bro you grew up on the upper east side and don't know all the beauties that are a one hour train ride from the city in north jersey north penn and lower ny
I've lived in the PNW and the city/upstate. The PNW is nice but it doesn't have the historic charm that upstate has and frankly I enjoy the fauna/300 year old houses far more then I enjoy rain 260 days out of the year

Olympia is the worst, my condolences. Half junkies half hipster and then you go to centralia and it's like that movie deliverance

So they acted really stupid and got to know shit in their 20s before settling down. Sounds preety good and expected. Better than gettin an office job at 20 and just sticking to it.