Living in 2016 and thinking buying a house is a solid investment

>Living in 2016 and thinking buying a house is a solid investment
>Living in 2016 and thinking that you will get rich of one source of income

Real estate is an asset to the bank not to the person owning it. People buy a house and hold it for years and years paying all interested very little of the very house and think they are some sort of financial wizard.

>Everyone knows that real estate is for people who don't understand the stock market.

>Everyone knows that the stock market is for people who don't understand futures.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V-vTOo7f4f8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God is making more people, but god isn't making more land.
Supply and demand mother fucker.

Real estate should be bought with cash or if mortgage paid off ASAP.

Id rather pay toward a mortgage over rent any day.. you have to pay to live so you may aswell put it toward your shelter.

OP, can you tell me a great way to make money from the stock market? Thanks/

Nothing you said was original or new. Complete shit post

Sure bro I would love to, what questions do you have?

You're a moron suppose you buy a house you are paying 3 times what it is worth and on top of that only 5% of what you pay actually goes to the house

obviously you make less than 50k a year

Unless you plan on living with mommy forever you need to live somewhere

I'd rather a portion of what im paying go towards paying off a house than lining some old rich fag's pocket

What about rates and taxes? How absurd gst when you buy the house plus stamp duty and insurance?

You would be paying far more than you would if you rent plus you are tied down.

By the way my mum lives with me...

Mortgage is fixed, payments are the same now as 20 years from now

Rent goes up with inflation

Plus property value historically has gone up in the long term. The only reason you have to rent is if you're not planning on staying somewhere long

renting is like pressing the snooze button on being homeless...

Like i said, i rather pay a mortgage over rent.

Rent around me is about $1,200-$1,500 for 2bd 2bt

you can buy a house and have that or less for a mortgage.

I do not think you understand how economics works >

>shit poorfags say thread

no no no no no no no no no it is you my friend that is a poor faggot

I rent out places to idiots like you that think the system is keeping them down, but really they are just retarded and paying my mortgage for my house i live in.
Thanks buddy, i'll take my passive income from people like you to pay my mortgage until you die.

Im 25 and worth close to $1M. Most of it is from real estate. Good luck living under someone elses thumb.

I think i might paint my room tommorrow and maybe add on another bathroom some time this year. Is your landlord gunna let you be you or are you used to sucking a masters dick?

Do you have 1 million in actual money or do you owe a total of nearly 1 million?

3 properties paid off and being rented out that is paying for my house that i live in that has around 180k left on it.
the rest in stocks and convertable notes

Im worth around 800k

Thanks for building my wealth for me rent cuck

>Do you have 1 million in actual money
Not cash, I put my money into income producing Assets.

Land is owned by god buddy

I didn't actually think this needed to be a thread as of course for most people it's really dumb to buy a house. Considering the down payment, the interest rate and rate of return from real estate your better off not "investing". There is always an opportunity cost, you would normally be better off in equities or even fixed income Also the lack of diversification with that much capital being tied up in one asset, in a single asset class, in one geographic location makes you retarded for buying a house and not renting.

This guy knows what's up

yeah if you are a poorfag like OP you should probably stick to a safe diverse portfolio of ETFs and good dividend paying stocks on the S&P 500.

I believe it is you my friend that is the poor fag.

If you want to have a million dollars saved up by the time you are 40 by all means continue buying your pleb houses. Here is an example of you

>Herp net worth is 20k
>Herp going to put all of it into a house and pay 3 times more what is is worth over the span of the loan
>Stock market is dangerous you will loose all your money

Meanwhile those who aren't absolutely fucking morons are using their capital to produce more of an income to save to be able to buy either an entire house or a large portion of it and the mortgage payments are so small it is not even funny.

Maybe in the 1950's your method would have work but this is the 21st century old fag. Get with the times.

WTF are you talk about housing offers a shit ROI and it super safe in general. Equity ETF's offer a significantly high rate of return, but are more risky. But if you factor in diversification then you get fucked in every way. You need to learn the basics of finance young cuck.

Mortgages are only for people who are not disciplined enough to save on their own. There are much better ways to invest disposable income, but because people are forced to keep up with their mortgage payments, at least they are investing in SOMETHING even if their retards who spend 100% of their income and save none of it.

This.

>Id rather pay toward a mortgage over rent any day.. you have to pay to live so you may aswell put it toward your shelter.
If nobody got a mortgage though houses would be cheaper and thus the amount of rent charged could be lower to still make a decent ROI. You're literally the reason rent is an unbearable expense. And you're propping up a shitty faux investment.

>Plus property value historically has gone up in the long term.
Eh, not really. Historically property has more or less tracked inflation.

you have to live somewhere.

i own my home in full.

I feel sorry for you. You should probably reverse mortgage.

In fairness, it may only just track inflation, but money in the bank doesn't so it's a 'safe bet' to at least maintain buying power.

just lol

Instead of real estate invest with this guy, risk free investment and i guarentee you double returns on you investment. He is the best vendor around

[email protected]

youtu.be/V-vTOo7f4f8

Two guys on my team at work have become millionaires via real estate since I started working with them in 2008,but they are 15 years older than me and were making 20k more (despite doing same job) and had that cash to spare. Went from acquiring rentals to flipping to multi-family properties in that time, and yes they were leveraged to banks all along but now ate cashing out 100s of thousands on each apartment complex flip while staying in the game each time. Of course this was all in DFW, TX market, so may not apply everywhere.

>In fairness, it may only just track inflation, but money in the bank doesn't so it's a 'safe bet' to at least maintain buying power.
Yeah it's a good store of wealth generally. But it doesn't generally go up. Property is generally flat with brief deviations. In property is so flat that I think gold has performed better over the last century.

The only thing you can really own forever is Bitcoin.

Everything else can be stolen from you by the state.

>Real estate should be bought with cash or if mortgage paid off ASAP.

The whole point of the investment is easy 5 to 1 leverage. The price appreciation and cash flow on homes is shit.

I have more investments than just houses you dumb fucks. I am an investor, that is what i do. I invest in stocks, convertable notes, and real estate.
Sure real estate may have a shit return right now but when i bought the houses they didn't. I am getting an average 20% annual return on the ones that are paid off more than any reliable stock out there.
you are the moron that didn't even read his own threadive already said to pay cash or pay it off ASAP

you think i go put the minimum down on a house and pay it off?? I don't. you are a moron thinking houses are useless. you live in one don't you

Im not going to buy a house with 10k so i put that 10k to work until i have enough for a house once i buy a house i start over with more income than the previous time.

let me guess you just took your first few college courses on finance? you are out of your league kid

>Sure real estate may have a shit return right now but when i bought the houses they didn't. I am getting an average 20% annual return on the ones that are paid off more than any reliable stock out there.
See pic here:Gold literally outperformed real estate over the last century. Gold. Fucking gold.

>implying that the feds didnt steal dprs bitcoin stash... twice

You need an intro to econ. Those aren't the main functions of money.B TC doesn't operate like money. Idk wtf it is but it sure as shit isn't money.

Is getting a mortgage on a house then renting a part of it to someone to pay that mortgage actually a good idea?

It has its drawbacks, but consider that while the housing market crashed, the rental market didn't.

not him, but you are mad af

Lmao, what kind of third world shithole do you live in that real estate isnt increasing in value?

I believe it was Dale Carnegie who said that 90% of millionaires got that way through real estate.

>Mortgages are only for people who are not disciplined enough to save on their own.

How the fuck can i save so much money?
Even if i get an above average monthly salary, which is 1000 euro it will take decades. Money will lose some value by that time and real estate prices will go up, even in this EU shithole.
Where should i live all this time?

>inb4 if you aren't an Amerifat with six figure income annually you shouldn't live at all

In the market economy, noone gives a shit, its your own problem. And yes, paper money will devalue, while hard assets will go up and you'll be where you started.

Our generation can only make it by taking bigger risks, of course, majority will fail. Its f..... man.

You seem like a sharp dude, listen
I'll be glad to use your skills sir
email me [email protected]

hey man im in dfw texas, can i get in on the action?

“Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world.” ~Franklin D. Roosevelt“

I didn't know gold paid a monthly cash dividend.

Poor and uneducated people like OP SHOULD NOT buy real estate. This evidence came to light in the 2008 crash. If you are a moron (like OP) then no do not buy real estate it is not a good option for the poor.

We should clarify what we're talking about. Real estate that you buy to live in hoping for capital gains is a shit investment for most people as already stated. Real estate that you rent out might make sense.

It all makes sense when you think about it. You have to pay to live. why not pay yourself?

No that's fucking retarded. I'm loosing brain cells just responding .

Fuck that shit property tax is going up like 10% a year

only reason to get and live in a house is kids, same goes for minivans

and having kids is terrible
just like having minivans

I disagree.

Every man should own land. Where else can I live my life the way I see fit? In a fucking rental living under someone elses rules.

Fuck that. Freedom is worth the price.

hehe this is what I am doing in my third world country, amazing stuff ...

lol

you dont own shit
you live under the rules of the bank and HOA

>every man should hurr durr
BLEGH
and every man should marry and have kids right

WTF are you talking about?? You do know that you can buy a house cash? you do know that you can pay off a house and not owe anything on it?You do know you can buy houses that aren't in an HOA?

Is Veeky Forums turning into complete fucking idiots?

>2016
>thinking you will get rich investing the 400 a month you save by renting
Is there anything cuter than rentor delusion?

This user gets it. If you arent homeless while living in a big city abd making 200k a year you are a casual goy. You could be saving 40 grand a year being homeless in some cities.

the irony is palpable