Can men wear makeup without looking like faggots?

Can men wear makeup without looking like faggots?

don't go full parts 5-8 core my dude

Sure, if you're good enough you'll actually look like a woman

Yes but only if you keep it minimal. You can go all out if you master it though.

This guy read the manga.

yes

I wonder if someone could pull of kohl irl like the guy in Lucifer

Makeup is normal/recommended for cosplay. If you don't know what you're doing, you could test it out that way. You could even dress up like your favorite jojos or whatever.

Daily makeup is more acceptable in big cities, but it would look really dumb if you live in some random small town.

Not really, except for foundation in some cases, where the skin is below-average looking (acne).

Depends. Eye liner if you're ok looking emo is fine. Foundation, face powder, and especially concealer should be fair game for both genders imo. It helps hide any blemishes and it's kind of unfair that men can't use them. Mascara should be fine too since men can actually have naturally long eye lashes and I think it's cute.
Lip stick and blush is pushing it, and the later will only aid in making you look innocent and youthful.
In all honesty though, clothing/accessories are just that. Materials people pit on themselves. This whole "only boys wearing this and girls only wearing that" is just cultural gender roles.

>is just cultural gender roles.
Pointing it out doesn't make it go away.

yes, but it sheds light onto how pointless and subjective these "rules" are. All hell doesn't break loose just because a guy decides to wear fishnet stocklings in reality. It's all just people's fefes (mainly homophobes)

Not even homophobia. If an ordinary guy just decides to wear lipstick to work one day and his coworkers haven't seen it before, they'll probably think it's funny. Long-haired guy regularly shows up with a ponytail and nobody bats an eye, but if he puts his hair into pigtails then it has to be some kind of joke.

BB cream just to hide my acne spots. It doubles as sunscreen also

that pony tail is unisex and
pig tail=female(more so little girl) is one huge gender role+ cultural norm. I don't really see the point in arguing because it's all objectively wrong and only and subjectively right.

All I'm saying is that even though it isn't objective you can't just ignore cultural norms and expect to be treated like you're not breaking said cultural norm.

politicians wear it all the time. Just don't make it obvious

JoJo is a special case. In-universe, it is normal for men to look and be flamboyant.
It's really weird, really. Gyro and Johnny are manly as fuck while also being some of the most feminine characters in the entire series.
Maybe it is true that if those feminine characteristics were normalized, they'd be manly. Kinda like short shorts. They were manly as fuck in the 70s but now they're super gay.

As long as people fixate on them like you and OP, I guess not. Luckily that's slowly changing.

There will always be cultural norms. You can't just destroy them all, they just change from one norm to another.

No

>don't go full parts 5-8 core
Why are you even on Effay?

>Can men wear makeup without looking like faggots?
No. But feel free to listen to the Veeky Forumsggots in denial that say otherwise.

Probably but probably not for everything, when everyone becomes conscious of more shallow ones like we already have.

>when everyone becomes conscious of more shallow ones like we already have
English Motherfucker!

men can wear makeup, whether you are gay or not, is a totally different thing. putting makeup on doesn't make you gay. maybe it helps to actually be gay, to have the balls to wear makeup, but imo, makeup on a guy can be done, and it actually will enhance if you are naturally kind of going for a unisex appeal,

by that i mean, you aren't a man trying to attract men, you are a man who is trying to appeal to women subtly and have the men kind of wash out. it has to be well done though, and you have to be the right kind of person playing the right role. if you are an insurance salesman, maybe not so doable

Your post is the Veeky Forums equivalent. Definitely great advice and you're not mentally ill.

Just do a skincare routine, bro

>he spells it effay when referring to the board

You do know that actors, politicians, talk show hosts, etc. Use makeup all the time, right?

There's a difference between using makeup to hid blemishes or make your face look better on camera and using makeup for decorative effect.