24h remaining to declare major

Still totally no idea. Nothing I enjoy is profitable, so I've accepted whatever I do I'll at best tolerate and at worst dislike every step of the way lol.

Current choice: Applied Mathematics
Relative's choice: Accounting

It's such a shame how those evil load conpanies forced that woman to only pay the minimum every month, even once she had the means to pay back more.

Just terrible.

Yeah, I didn't notice it reformatted the "s to %22's for the """""""""Paid faithfully""""""""""" title.

choose what you want, you weak fuck, why do you give a shit what your relative's want? Isn't this your life, your endeavours, your choices, your life trip? dont be afraid do as you wish, we all eventually end up in the same state - alone, dead. See it in a positive way, it liberates you to make your own choices

drop out

Muh dreams and passion don't include school at all, but since I'm not a trust fund babby, I don't get to experience life for the "joy of living" I have to make money instead to afford a fraction of said joy.

What are your dreama and passions?

Both are relatively fresh, actually, since I grew up being told to prioritize getting a good job over doing things you enjoy.

But I've really taken a liking to music production, though I'm no good at it. I've also taken up writing and, to a lesser extent, drawing, because I'd really like to make a living producing children's/YA entertainment.

>since I'm not a trust fund babby, I don't get to experience life for the "joy of living"
what sucks even more is the amount of your lifetime you'll spend fixated on this tragic fact.
i mean, it's not like you have a choice in the matter.

Have you considered finance and mathematics? Probably a good way to make a lot of money

He's right. Might as well an hero OP.

Ah ha! A shill for the crime scene clean up community. [spoiler]but really people in biohazard removal like suicide cleanups, murders, natural deaths, etc. make REALLY good money[/spoiler]

Do that, OP. Clean up crime scenes.

I'm not old enough.

I'm not fixated on it, it's just the reason I'm not off "discovering myself" or whatever.

Wtf how do you not even pay back 1500 a year

No idea, user.

dunno about murricans, here is my story:
>get student loan 1.5 million
>pay minimum monthly payment
>life is good min payment is unnoticeable the cost of a meal for two
>suddenly i owe 2.3 million
>wtf
>put the shit in excel
>realize they raise the min payment year by year more than inflation
>realize i will pay them back 3 times what i borrowed and still have humongous debt
that was when i started paying back in earnest
now under 1.5 mill and quickly melting

1- she's got 2 years left before income based repayment just writes it off.

2- remember these are 5 year loans. she's taken 23 years.

How do you borrow 32k, pay 26k, and end up owing 45k in the end?

How does this happen?

That's less than 2k a year if you count the interest.

OP, the only worthwhile degrees are math and physics. I did engineering and regret it so much. Accounting is a heap of shit to be learned on the job, like engineering. Only the two degrees I mentioned rise above stamp collecting and give you a worthwhile framework

simple, just make the minimum payment for 1 month every 89 days. banks love it when youre late. theyre such a tease.

>24h remaining left to declare major

Why? Who says?

wat

wat

Math beyond diff eq is useless crap like modern algebra

Admissions says.
Major or minor in finance? Maybe like a math major with a finance minor?

A boss isn't going to make you rich. I studied law, but if I had to choose again I'd pick sysadmin. Pick my nose at work.

And then work at my own websites at home. Which I do now.

I'm doing accounting and gonna get my CPA. Is supply chain a meme or is it legit.

Yeah I am curious too! Is supply chain a MEME?

Accounting is KYS tier unless you can get a Big 4 internship in undergrad.

Do Applied Mathematics but pair something with it like Finance or CS.

i start my first day with a big 4 tomorrow morning. what should i expect?

do applied mathematics. $500k starting

really, you know you want to be a mathematician. it's unlike anything else. it isn't like people ask you 'what do you do?' and you answer something stupid like "i'm an engineer" or "i am a programmer" and everyone thinks you're a retard. you're a mathematician.. people know think you're a genius from the get-go. and if you do statistics and learn the cool machine learning algorithms every company is going to want to hire you. $500k starting

If you don't have interest or some desire to do it, do not fucking do accounting. Applied mathematics all the way. Accounting is far too obnoxious and unchallenging yet challenging just from the amount of shit you need to know about and yet fucking dumb and it just, it's stupid. Unless you have an interest in it, it's not worth it.

engineering is math and physics

it really isn't. not to say it's easy, but you don't study the main math results in any significant depth as an engineering major

>fucked over by student loans since 1993

bait/10

Probably, though the pic doesn't make the thread bait; it's not related to the question asked.

Thanks, Anons. Went applied mathematics. Minoring in CS because I do have an interest in developing my own websites. Not "muh next facebook!" I'm interested in creating children's websites, though. Oh, same thing amirite?

Anyway, the college doesn't offer a minor in computer engineering, so computer science was the closest thing.

If you're into drawing and shit like that take graphic design or majors of the like. Work for those booming vidya companies or some movie studio. A creative career can be pretty rewarding, median vidya design salary is $80k

>Page 11

I thought there were only 10 pages per board.

Applied Mathematics is great, I was in your situation last year and I ended up greatly enjoying it. Make sure to study hard though.

If she took the loans out 23 years ago, the wise thing to do would have been to refinance the debt at a lower interest rate.

Not OP, but I don't want to open a thread for it.
Is financial mathematics any good? Or should I do a math degree with a finance minor?