theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Sauvage is shit.

So I got Diesel Bad for christmas despite telling everyone not to get me anything. It smells kind of generic to me, but it could be worse I guess. What does /fg/ think, should I just throw it in the closet and never look at it again?

What are some "no-fail" colognes like Aventus?

Stuff that everyone loves and just works

Brainlet here. What are some great light women's or unisex fragrances I could wear as a guy? I love light sweet scents, but I obviously don't want some floral stuff or whatever.
I don't know much about fragrances so I would appreciate some help. idk where to start. I just dislike most men's frags and was wondering if women have some stuff I should try

forgot to mention that I wear armani code all year because I can't something else I like

Gourmands or anything with vanilla should work. I highly, highly recommend you try out Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, sounds perfect for you.

I got the saint laurent parfume as a christmas gift, do they really smell bad or something???

No. All of the fragrances in OP are extremely popular, for good reason. Pre-reformulation Nuit was the best male fragrance of all time. Of all time.

Can you guys give me some resources where I can find a "translation" from fragrance note to given effect and/or vice-versa?

I mean, I know from the OP that some family of notes are more mysterious, masculine, feminine, etc., but I'd like to have more distilled (pun intended) information about notes in term of popularity, attraction to females, which are more boyish and which are more sophisticated, or oldish, what synergizes best with a preppy style or a sporty style or a more elegant wardrobe/event, etc.

I'm trying different perfumes in order to find 1-2 signature scents, but I'm quite attracted to female perfumes so I'm not objective, I need some directory to understand how women (but also, less importantly, men, since I work) would perceive me with said notes or family or notes, or which is more popular, etc.

got this for christmas. i know it isn't expensive but i'm new the fragrance and i kind of like it honestly. i'd probably prefer something a little more musky in the future, i think

that's a la nuit flanker. Not highly regarded, but if you didn't get a reciept it's worth trying out and seeing if you like.

I think it's just regular la nuit with some green and woody notes.

Burberry London is a great fragrance. Even if it only lasts 4 hours max on most people, it's still held pretty highly for being a really nice scent. Wheneve rI wear it, I just carry around a little travel atomizer of it in my backpack and freshen up halfway through the day. I usually wouldn't do it because that's hitting autism levels for me, but I make the exception for London because it is that good

interesting, I'll definitely start wearing it a little more often

thats not the same one as the OP - thats a new release flanker which desu is pretty shit. the original la nuit is fantastic just has been diluted in recent formulations

i'm assuming OP image is bait or some pretentious niche virgin who thinks the world deserves to be suffocate in his obscure trash

dolce and gabbana light blue is fresh, light and unisex; pretty poor longevity though. i would try l'homme - subtle and sweet (apple cider) but very good. or if you want a more traditional sweet or feminine scent, probably look at amber or vanilla-based scents, gourmands would fit your description except they are likely too strong and not year round.

depends on what you want to use it for and your climate, the ones in the OP are considered great, safe scents because they are very versatile (with the exception of LN) and genuinely crowd-pleasing. most fresh scents are pretty safe. just they have poor performance and limited versatility in certain climates

ALRIGHT POST YOUR SCENT OF THE DAY AND TALK ABOUT IT

Wore CDG Man 2 for the first time yesterday. Not sure if it's for me. I like the incense note, but it's more inky than anything, and really didn't seem to fit me. Still have some of the decant left, it's a cool scent either way.

Thinking of getting 50mls of Rose 31. Is it worth it to get into a split (140 CAD for 50 ml) or should I just get the bottle from Le Labo to benefit from the 20% discount when I want to refill it?

Thoughts?

This has been my go-to scent for some time. I think it's pretty good, the scent isn't generic and too formal in my opinion, kind of a crisp and light tone to it. I've gotten a lot of compliments while clubbing.

Just noticed the Ultra Male version has a better rating in reviews, maybe I should consider switching to it.

I'd love to hear some opinions about this one as I've been considering it for quite some time.

lmao some guy at the perfume counter where I was asking to test stuff on skin and card got bought this one by his gf's opinion alone.
KEKED

I'm kind of new to parfumes, I usually just wear deoderant. Should I avoid wearing it in public and get a new one asap (already used it and selling/throwing it away wouldn't be possible because it's a christmas gift)

I got CK Truth for christmas. The sprayer is really bad though, barely anything comes out kind of like the A* Men flanker bottles.
Should I do 2 sprays to get one regular spray out?

Well did you like it?

End of the day it kinda depends on that. If you really wanna dive into cologne, I'd recommend hitting up your local sephora, go in and try a bunch of stuff, get 3 samples of things you like, then maybe come back here and we can help you with some further recommendations.

tfw, i use them all beside creed, before browsing /frag/ so idc

Do you personally like it? Who cares what some strangers think on the internet if you like the thing. I always thought La Nuit de L'Homme was a great smell. I'm sure the one you have smells nice too.

Wear some of it, to get used to the habit of having fragrance on yourself.

My first few fragrances were some CK, Polo Orange and then some Hugo Boss. I'm sure most on here started out with fragrances such as La Nuit de l'homme.

Ultra Male is THE clubbing scent. It's too much for day to day though imo.

Where 2 start with Tom Ford?

I see, I'll compare the next time I'm downtown. Will people think I'm a generic club fuckboy if I wear it?

Popular scents are Tabacco Vanille, Oud Wood, Tobacco Oud and Tuscan Leather.

I personally own TL, it's my all time favorite fragrance. I'm not a big fan of the rest of the popular ones, but they are all high quality frags.

>Gourmands or anything with vanilla should work.
thank you user
>I highly, highly recommend you try out Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, sounds perfect for you.
know this one already, haven't smelled it yet tho
is it strong/manly? I am just worried about the tobacco
not that I dislike the smell of tobacco, but I naturally look twink-ish and I want to avoid malboro man tier scents
armani code is the most spice I can deal with

>dolce and gabbana light blue is fresh, light and unisex; pretty poor longevity though. i would try l'homme - subtle and sweet (apple cider) but very good. or if you want a more traditional sweet or feminine scent, probably look at amber or vanilla-based scents, gourmands would fit your description except they are likely too strong and not year round.
thank you too user

Thanks lad. Oud Wood is a good one for summer months, correct?

What you're asking for is rather specific and awfully subjective. The closest I can think of is that fragrance sites have articles on particular notes (for example Fragrantica has them for common notes) that describe how they're obtained, how they smell and a bit of historical background. From what you've posted, I doubt that's what you're looking for, but it might be a start. How different notes are perceived is entirely subjective and can change drastically over time, not to mention that fragrances are compositions where notes work in synergy to create something that smells different than just a sum of its ingredients.
To conclude, you're better off concentrating on what notes you like, focus on fragrances that have them and then dig into forums and reviews to see how they rate with women/crowd you're trying to impress.

I just noticed the Fragrantica AWARDS page. It has a category of best fragrance for men that women have voted for. Does it give an accurate picture of what women think smells good on a man? Is it safe to use as basic reference when shopping for fragrances?

It appears to have a lot of the great scents that are not that niche. I have a hard time believing that TdH has better ratings than Aventus (having both), but overall, it seems like decent enough list of things you should try.

I personally liked it, but what if it stinks to others?

Also thanks for the help anons

It won't. Just don't apply too much. You're not putting some niche weird fragrance on yourself. It's made to be mass appealing, and as a matter of fact it does a very good job at it.

Most likely not. You need to remember that fragheads don't accurately represent the male populace. Most guys wear Axe, Old spice and similar shit and the only two fragrances I'd consider overplayed based on how often I smell them on a daily basis are 1 Million and Sauvage. Le Male I smell on someone maybe once a month. Of course, that is based on my area only and differs elsewhere.

I'd say the same thing applies as to the post above. For example TdH, the top fragrance voted in that list, is often disliked by young women. As a general shopping list it will still work, just check whether the current formulation lives up to the standards.

On an unrelated note, glad to see Encre Noire receiving all that love from the community.

whats wrong with chanel bleu?

Love it. Best honey note in existence IMO. Sweet without being overly cloying, and a nice, spicy tobacco note. The only Kilian frag worth buying.

Very underrated frag. It’s very fresh, clean rose and citrus, but it’s not too sweet. Smells a little dark, but extremely charming. To me, it lives up to its name. I picture the devil as a dapper looking older gentleman in a red suit and top hat, and this is what he smells like.

Very safe scent, overall. I don’t think anyone would object to it. Smells very high quality.

GF got me l'Homme Idéal (eau de parfum) by Guerlain for Christmas. Pretty happy with it.

>mum gets me this for Christmas
>oh nice Tom Ford
>try it on
>smells just like Paco Robanne One Million

ah yes

Bleu De Chanel is actually nice though

rest are shit

Is there a discernible difference between Tom Ford and the private blend line?

Alright thanks, one more question. Just 2 "puffs" would be normal and not too much right? Really appreciate all the help user

Do you find it overpowering in the daytime? I always interpreted it as more of a clubbing scent as well although I've never tested it.

Sometimes the day/night thing really gets me from fragranctica so that might play into it.

Fragrance world’s starter Pokémon.

Really like this and by the fireplace. Where should i go from here?

Both of the posts you replied to are mine, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have noticed a few recurring fragrances being used at night clubs here that I have no idea what they are, I need to go check out some popular fragrances at the local mall sometime soon. None of the fragrances are Ultra Male, so I should be good with that.

Is it just me or Tabacco Vanille is absolutely disgusting?

I think it's fine for daytime. I only apply one puff during the day to be sure I don't apply too much, multiple if I'm going clubbing. As I see it, Le Male is a hybrid for day and night, whereas Ultra Male is only for night, for example.

Man, you guys are tripping, 2017 La Nuit still smells the same to me, what's so different about it?

Longevity is shit, can barely smell it an hour after you apply unless you sniff right where you sprayed

Ohh.

Well, the smell stayed the same though.

My samples just arrived. I wonder what you guy think of these before I try them.

Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Iris Bleu Gris
Cereus No.7
Creed Green Irish Tweed (just sprayed this on me, not sure how I feel about it yet)
Roja Dove Scandal Pour Homme
Killian Intoxicated
Atelier Cologne Cafe Tuberosa

I'm really looking forward to try the last two. It's gonna be a few days before I could try all of them and give an impression.

>/fg/

IF YOU WRITE THAT SHIT AGAIN YOUR THREAD WILL BE GHOSTED DO YOU HEAR ME

IT'S /frag/ NOT /fg/

Fragrantica is great, but in their description they don't describe the sentiments of the notes. I know it's subjective, but I find it strange that nobody wrote a guide like that.

Can at least somebody explain why all the girls I talked about One Million said that something in that scent *literally* arouse them or at least they love it abnormally more than the rest of the most popular colognes?

>smells like 1 million
take that back

>all the girls I talked about One Million said that something in that scent *literally* arouse them or at least they love it abnormally more than the rest of the most popular colognes?

Even more than La Nuit or Sauvage?

The newer batches are actually improving. I have a bottle of L’Homme from 2 years ago and a sample from this month. Might pick up another bottle. It’s my most complimented frag.

One Million smells amazing but I wish people didn’t know about it.

So, this is probably going to be a series of stupid questions but I am a novice when it comes to this stuff and have never paid much attention to it before. I am looking for a few recommendations. I like woody and citrusy scents, and typically wear a fragrance during the day rather than putting one on at night before going out, those days are mostly behind me.

I use scented deodorant and scented body wash, although nothing too oppressive imo. And I smoke, although I am starting a new job soon and will likely quit (again), or at least cut back to the point where I only smoke at night at home, and on the weekends. With that in mind, should I even bother buying something new? Are all those other scents just going to overwhelm whatever I use? I feel like when my clothes smell like cologne it's just my clothes that smell, and that I myself in fact smell different. Over the years I've typically just used whatever cologne I get as a gift, the latest are jo malone lime basil and pomegranate, but I am almost out of them. I liked them quite a bit. I don't want to spent a shitload of money, ideally $150 or less.

stop smoking for one. It can seriously overpower whatever you wear. I went out with a friend last night who was wearing something really nice smelling. However, her family smokes so it really kinda killed everything after her scent dried down. It's not always the case, but ya know.

Then switch to unscented soap and bodywash, and you'll be golden.

>best male frag of all time
kys please

Not him, but it is/was

Versace Eros or JPG's Ultra Male? I'm just looking for something to wear when I'm out with my buddies.

b-bump

Not sure since someone bought me One Million as a gift so I wore it and they started talking about it since it's so common andh they loved it so much, and to other girls I just asked questions by making them smell it. I think they prefer it over those, because those fragrances are quite common so they must have scented it in clubs or on their bfs/exes/friends, right?

i've been using this less than a week and I already swear by it

This OP was way early and used a shit image.
You're banned from making the thread in the future, user.

Just ok imo. Although im of the opinion it smells more like a baby wipe than a baby powder if we are being specific, if you are going for compliments I can say in my experience many girls do just think you smell like baby powder. So because of the price I would not get it unless you really like it yourself .
If you are wearing it around your buddies, why does it matter. Pick the one YOU like the best. If you were trying to go for girls then there could be some debate but if you are just wearing it around your friends, who cares what they think ya know? Hell you shouldnt even wear something you hate around girls period imo.

I went for Ultra Male

You don't need anything else.

He just really wanted to push the HAHA HEY GUYS SHITPOST OVER SAUVAGE AND THESE OTHER THINGS meme

Thank you for validating my two years' of crystalposting. Enjoy your pleasant pits.

Really? I have always been so skeptical of that stuff. I get weird skin reactions to a lot of anti perspirants, is that stuff going to fuck my pits up?

Also using this for about two years, no it will not. The molecules are too large to enter the pores, so you still sweat, unlike with the antiperspirants, but it won't enter your body or cause any skin damage.

I sweat like a pig though, I am talking rings under my arms and shirt sticking to my back from just walking around during the summer. I live in the South too.

Then the crystal might not be for you. It does nothing to prevent the sweating, only makes the sweat toxic to bacteria so there is no smell

Neck yourself.

Why are you mad, soyboy?

i have the heeley sample and im considering a full bottle. it's a versatile perfume with mellow leather. great stuff

Wearing my sample of this today.

Honestly for the price of like 18 bucks, killer cologne. Starts off with a sharp citrusy opening and then dries down to a rich, tobaccoy chocolate

I got a girl's number, but I don't think it was thanks to Sauvage, we were both drunk.

In the end wearing expensive clothes to the club wasn't worth it, stained my Off-White hoodie, desu.

Cop Prada Luna Rossa Carbon?

Know almost nothing abt fragrances sorry friends. Any recommendations for something that smells warm and spicy? Like uh
I love the scent of cloves, cinnamon, and incense (particularly spicy and slightly floral stuff like opium incense).
I don't know if that's specific enough, sorry. Oh and I'm a male if that counts for anything.

I'm sure I'm gonna get called a faggot or whatever for asking, but you guys know your stuff.

Is there any fragrance out there with a nice masculine, outdoorsy smell to it?

You'll have to be specific about outdoors, is it something something like the beach, forest etc?

I haven't tried it but Spicebomb seems to fit your description. Maybe other more experienced anons could chime in.

Deep woodlands.

do it, Heeley's great.

Meanwhile, I'd be happy drowning in this stuff. Holy shit.

i literally wanted to buy la nuit and bdc today

idk what to do now

Niggas Dont Even Know Aventus Isnt Even The Best Creed Fragrance Hahahaha

Quick, I need help

yes, you do

>in the end, going to clubs isn’t worth it

Fixed

>unironically using /pol/tard buzzwords

Confirmed for low IQ poster.

best creed fragrances are in this order

GIT
Jardin d'Amalfi
Virgin Island Water
Aventus
Oud Royal

Sahara Noir
L'Air du Desert Marocain
Aesop Marrakesch Intense
UNUM Io Non Ho Mani Che Mi Accarezzino il Volto

this

i'm VERY new to fragances. Question is: How much do I have to spend at least for a quality fragance? 20$? 50$? 100$? No fucking clue about this. I want something that doesnt smell cheap and lasts long, no idea about smells