Our entire historical spectrum is defined by the peroids before and after some Middle Eastern white dude died

Our entire historical spectrum is defined by the peroids before and after some Middle Eastern white dude died

Don't you think that's a bit fucked up? Racist even? "What were these African tribes doing 300 years Before Caucasian?" Messed, tbqh

Reminder that CE and BCE will never ever catch on.

They already have.

>I have no concept of history and no idea at all how much Christianity influenced all of mankind and indeed continues to do so to this day.

Why the fuck would the death of Jesus, who founded a religion that's main cause of success was appealing to people of many races and ethnicities, be racist?

Atheist shitposters are the worst

Classic Eurocentrism

every country's history gravitates to their country

We have no relationship to Africa besides the slave trade and British imperialism so their history is pretty irrelevant to us.

>Middle Eastern
>white dude

what

Ethiopia adopted Christianity too

I've always felt that BC AC is pretty stupid.
I think it should be around a huge event for mankind, like the moon landing, the discovering of America, the invention of electricity, I don't know, something big and neutral.

If it wasn't based off the birth of Jesus, what would our calendars be based off? The Holocene calendar? Even that's still based off the Gregorian calendar, just with 10,000 years added to it. Or, for Americans at least, would we go full Roman and base our dates off how long our president has been in office at the time?

The entire Western Historical scale.

As for others they have their own dating systems. Chinks use Dynasties, Japanese their periods, and so on. And when they use BC/AD they really do not care about some crucified cuckbaby. It's just numbers.

Other peoples are free to use their own periods. In fact, there's some that do.

OH and Muslims have their own shit as well: After Muhammad's flight from Mecca to Medina: the Hejira.

Currently its 1437 AH

Jesus was born during the reign of Augustus Caesar, so it works well as a turning point in Western history.

In Afghanistan and Iran it's funny because they also have the native calendar so there's three. Nowadays it starts with the hejira too since the last modifications were made after islam, but the years are solar like ours instead of lunar.

So in those countries it's 2016 AD, 1437 AH and 1395 SH (Solar Hejri). Most people uses the SH but you can find calendars with the three.

ah go fuck yourself
real eurocentrism would count the days from the birth of augustus or something
or even the french revolutionary calendar

jesus was a middle eastern kike, how is this eurocentric ? you dumb fucking american

The foundation of Veeky Forums.

Fun fact : we don't realize it yet but we are currently living in the year 1 BT (before Trump)

It is what it is.

Personally, I think the Colombian Exchange would be a better point to base it on.

Not only this but they were the first nation in history to accept christianity.

That would be Armenia, I think.

>white dude

What?

>"White. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa."

Feels good we made subhumans worship our white god after raping and exploiting them. If it wasn't for atheism and communism we still be thoroughly raping their women and economies with out white penises

vulgar and offensive
i like it

>American """""Racial definitions"""""

back to burgerstan you go

What the fuck is wrong with you son?

t. System of a Down

Daily reminder that CE and BCE are still defined by Jesus Christ.

Does it even makes sense to talk of eurocentrism when the world's culture is basically european?

>Jesus was white
OKAY, because being out in the middle of the fucking DESERT makes you go pale.
Take it easy, he's not an athiest, just a tumblrite.

Also OP is a fag.

Jesus wasn't a caucasian, you moron.

>2769 AUC
>Not using "ad urbe condita" calendar
It's like we've spent a millennia colonizing europe invane.