Hey can someone explain to me why in the third row of this infographic the crewneck sweater over shirt is classified in...

Hey can someone explain to me why in the third row of this infographic the crewneck sweater over shirt is classified in the "don't wear" category? Can't sweater over shirt be Veeky Forums?

>Can't sweater over shirt be Veeky Forums?
exemple pic related

past a certain point these infographics become meaningless

I don't see too much of a problem with it, just preppy.

That row is dumb. In most scenarios a pea coat is not a substitute for a light sweater.

Actually, that whole fucking thing is dumb. If you put together an outfit using one thing from each row, you're gonna look like a monkey no matter what.

>denim shirt
>maroon pants
>light gray blazer
>fucking chukkas

>that whole fucking thing is dumb
yeah I tend to agree. The only rows I would agree with are the first and last because the graphic T is just beyond autistic and that sneaker is kinda horrible.

I find it kinda weird how the shirt exceeds from under the sweater though.

>low waist
It would come untucked either way. Don't wear slim pants.

This is why you take infographs with a grain of salt. Otherwise you actually listen to some garbage advice.

It makes you look like someone's dad.

anything in left column is fine once you know what you are doing and have confidence in your fits
the shit on the right is just safe and a good starting point

Are you Scott Aukerman?

Nope

>It would come untucked either way

what?

thats not how shirt tucking works. high or low waist wont matter especially if the shirt is that long

>suggesting a pea coat

fucksakes.

I don’t know, I quite like it. Matter of preference I suppose.

probably because of the V-neck
but the shit u linked in pic can be nice if the clothes hang correctly

>infographic
hello r*ddit

Try it. They come untucked right away from low waisted pants if you try to do anything.

actually, it comes from young-stalin.com which is linked from this board's own wiki, bitch.

because it's pointless, bulky, bunchy and cluttered

I the given exemple, maybe. But I'm not convinced that this is true in all cases, or even most. Take for exemple, the pic related of the 2nd post, or also this one.

In*

On the topic of dos and don'ts, can I mix blue and green (navy trousers and forest green turtleneck) if I bridge them with a simple black belt. (Like the saying "blue and green should never be seen, without a colour inbetween")

Yeah, I think it can work if your green is dark enough

It's ancient.

What's wrong with pea coats?