How much should you be earning do you think to be buying more higher end clothes (ie. non-mall tier brands)

How much should you be earning do you think to be buying more higher end clothes (ie. non-mall tier brands)

is it tacky/lame to be working mcjobs and be buying designer stuff?

don't see how it's tacky or lame to work shit jobs while buying more expensive things as long as you can afford it. especially if it's something used that's already depreciated in value to where you can wear it a bit and sell it again for minimal loss/gain

Considering there's a long history of working class types buying expensive threads (teddy boys, mods, 'lo heads, etc.), you'd just be part of that heritage.

Rationally it's wiser to save up and invest into something that brings you further in life.
I earned 1000€ when I started working. Not much, but I did live with parents up to 23. I also had almost zero expenses so I could od whatever I want with money.
I think if you have like 200-400 euros to waste or save up each month you can easily build up a nice designer warderobe. Buy like any normal human on sale or used via Rakuten or Grailed. It will def. look funny as fuck and "I wanna be new rich" if you show up with those clothes at your shitty wageslave job.

the problem is quality. people working mcjobs either buy a lot of low quality clothes which in the long run would be more expensive than good quality*** designer clothes

or they fall for some gucci meme and spend half their paycheck on some fluffy jacket cause they saw it on E!

More of this grill

working class now is poorer than working class then

Mods and teddy boys were predominantly middle class. Skinheads and rockers were working class subcultures.

Do you have:
*a house
*three kids
*their education paid for
*your retirement into extended old age assured
And plenty of money left over? If yes, you can piss away your money you are doing well.
If no: there's really no good reason to buy LUXURY brands.

If you have to save up >3 months for a piece than hell no.

i make (low) six figs and i still feel bad about spending 500+ on a single item, idk. i do pay jew rent and taxes though.

Each subculture had working class members, even if none of them were exclusively working class.

>make (low) six figs
>pay jew rent

you're doing it completely wrong. You should be paying a mortgage with that kind of wage

I Iive in NYC. Anyone who isn't an idiot here makes my salary or close to it. For the rest of country think of it as 50-70k?

shes a cam model on chaturbate, dont remember name though

Her name is Mary Moody

It's tacky/lame to be buying designer stuff no matter what your job and income level is.

If you have no outgoings because your parents offer shelter/food then I think it's wise to invest in clothes. If done right people treat you richer than you are and more economic opportunities can open up.

Why are you even here?

None of this shit is necessary. Stop buying into weird cultural narratives.

No one buys in LA, San Francisco, or Seattle either. There are just places in this country where no one except the richest people can buy property. Most of Veeky Forums lives in Kansas; they wouldn't understand that.

Dressing well is not only not about wearing designer hypeshit but directly antithetical.

Wrong

Its actually becoming quite a thing to see broke people wearing one item of expensive clothing or fake "designer" gear. Although I wouldn't stop someone from buying a piece of clothing that is out of their price range it does take something away from the brand when you have "broke" people wearing supposedly exclusive brands.

The thing is that there is a clear link between the type of brands which are normally worn by broke people. In london gucci, LV, montcler jackets, canada goose, stone island are all pretty popular among the estate kids.

A lot of the designer brands are ones which can be easily identified by other people to give off the idea of wealth.

You wont find them likes of people wearing loro piana, lanificio columbo, berlutti or any other more subtle brands.

I personally would never buy anything that put me into the negative credit wise. Its a percentage thing for me. I wouldn't spend £250 on chelsea boots if i didnt have at least £5k saved. The most expensive fashion item out of jewelry i've bought was £750 on a Hugo Boss Bag

quality vs cost starts to have diminishing returns pretty fast and is most definitely not linear. Your average uniqlo cashmere sweater (~100) is not 5 times lesser quality than a designer one that's half a grand

Most expensive well-known brands are expensive due to the brand name.

I'm not saying they inherently lack high-end quality, but the name is what it cost more than others.

I'd say the quality you get for the price is largely in brands that hand-make things and avant garde brands due to inventiveness and labor. But, that's me.

It can also depend on where the actual cashmere is from. I was looking into getting a decent scarf a year ago. I looked at the typical burberry and found out they are only 5% cashmere. I did a bit of research and someone mentioned Lanificio Columbo. I looked into them and they are in charge of the whole process of their cashmere production from the cattle to the actual garment being made in Italy. I also believe that some companies get their animal fabric from the neck of the animal as it is of higher quality.

Not a lot of people who buy designer goods would look into the details of the materials they are made from but there are companies out there like Lanificio Columbo and Loro piana to name two which are very detailed.

>being this retarded
The trend was already in motion in those times working class people literally patched their outfit because they only had one

The Gucci and LV are almost certaintly fake pieces.

100k+

Designer doesn’t mean logos plastered everywhere you fucking pillock

what a garbage midriff. she literally has stubble.

>Having kids in the 21st century
Whew lad