What are essential pants that everyone must have? (not including jeans)

really depends on your lifestyle and what kind of look you're going for. do you work in an environment that requires formal wear? if you go to school then do you plan on working in such an environment?

also depends on what you already have in terms of shoes, tops, etc.

a pair of dickies 872

I have a pair in black

Wool pants. I haven't owned cotton pants for a while.

dickies is useful, helpful especially in winter.
because its very thick.
in summer not good in our high humidity city.

trying to go for a terrorwave-lite look, started getting some army surplus pants but so far just that.

Looks sick, gonna give that one a look

Been wanting a pair of wool pants since I watched A River Runs Through It, any comfy brands?

Essential for me are 3 pairs of denim (black, dark rinse, light wash). 3 pairs of chinos (olive, navy, and gray), 3 corduroys for fall/winter (Black, Gray, Beige), and 2 wool pants (Gray and Navy). It probably sounds like a lot more than it actually is.

a can't find it any european online shop
w2c this or similar

p much this except you can do with just 2 jeans, black and indigo and 2 chinos, tanned ones are fine if you like them.

whats ur size?

>low rise

>3 pairs of denim (black, dark rinse, light wash
same

They're usually just listed as "slim fit" with no reference to the number. 873s are "slim straight"

Reminder having tattoos is the only way to pull of tucked in non dress shirts

Fuck off. You highrise posters can’t even dress well.

Neither can you. At least i'm comfortable.

this just disregard them. dickies are normal rise anyway

depends, 1 pair is enough for people that doesn't wear jeans to work

What is normal rise, when low rise is the predominant cut?

what's the difference between 872 and 873?

872 is more tapered than the "slim straight" 873

I thought about this for a long while and this is how I put together my pant wardrobe

- a dark denim Levi 501, raw selvedge if you like
- a light stonewash Levi 501 or Wrangler, that old school 90's type
- black new petit standard APC
- chinos: J. Crew Essential fit.
- grey wool pants: Burberry Brit herringbone or something
- waterproof track pants: adidas
- sweatpants: grey reigning champ

The idea across the board, not just with pants, was to pick quality essentials, each with a particular purpose, rather than buying a whole bunch of different colours for the same exact item and lowering the bar to make it more affordable.

I want to get into dress pants seeing as I'm getting older and more professional. Also want to add a thicker "workwear" chino for when I need to get my hands dirty.

Shorts are another thing too. I only have grey reigning champ sweatshorts atm, I'm thinking a pair of dri-fit nike running shorts and navy PRL trunks if the material isn't too obviously for swimming.

I'm curious -- once all these basic notes have been hit, what next? With other forms of clothing, there's limitless levels of quality and daring that one can travel up forever, but I'm struggling to see that with pants.

>low rise is the predominant cut
but it's not
you are just a fucking retard who wants to feel special for wearing a certain cut of pant and pretend it's somehow obscure
neck yourself

are you retarded or haven't you worn any pants in the last 5 years? the medium rise at the moment is pretty low in general. Finding good looking high rise jeans is nearly impossible.

where do you shop and live
or are you just literally retarded and unable to pick the fucking different kinda jeans from stores
even H&M of all places has and does offer different cuts
and the most common mid range denim brands like Levis, Nudie, Lee etc. offer different cuts
e-shopping makes it as easy to pick up the kinda cut you want as clicking your fucking mouse
you are either making this a huge fucking issue to yourself, shopping at walmart or you are just straight up dumb as heck

and to add to that, ever since the normcore "dad" look became a thing, like 5 years ago or so, these kinda jeans are actually the hip item advertised everywhere and pushed as the 'fashional' option
there is nothing special about really any kinda cut of jeans, you can find any kinda cut at any time at pretty much any place

I meant predominant as most young people wear them and they are the most available.

but it's fucking not
regular cut, surprise surprise, is the most predominant, that's what most people wear

Those aren’t selvedge made in USA

so?

there's a lot of other chinos better than dickies. dickies is just too thick and they don't look good with most tops. anything else would look better, because thinner materials