50s Hairstyles

Why haven’t they made a comeback with women yet?
They looked the best out of all the eras.

because thotery happened

bump

This.
I was exepecting because society no longer views women as feminine, they have “no time” to go into the depth of caring for their appearance like women in the 50s did, thanks to trying to somehow manage a career and their personal lives
Sufferage was a mistake. No wonder Traps are now a thing, at least they actually care about their appearance.
Only celebrity woman I see embracing Her Femininity these days is pic related, and everyone slams her for it.

>no time to go into depth
yeah right, a lot of women still cake themselves in makeup just not in the way 50s women did

Beauty standards have really gone into the shitter too, yup.

No they fucking didn't

80s hairstyles did

BS.

Because most the women who rock them are overweight "rockabelle" types at the moment so it's scared trendsetters away from it.

Fucking fat landwhales ruining everything they touch.

Anything post-1920s is inferior to when women didn't cut the length of their hair.

>winged eyeliner
>contouring
That's a modern thot.

because the are to busy working some shit tier office job thinking they are free

I wish girls would dress/look like this again fuck 50s type stuff like this is my favorite what the fuck

2 this all I feel like posting but we agreed that Audrey the most Veeky Forums actress ever?

They were 50s version of today's thots though, lmao

Yes!

Because it takes too much time and people don't have that much time in the mornings.

you are the guy who got BTFO in fringe thread? Kek

>didn't cut the length of their hair
love me these destroyed ends with every woman having the same looking hair

they would if dresses like that were possible to buy. Men don't dress like the way they used to, world doesn't look the way it used to. I would want to dress like that, but it would just look fucking stupid, out of place and tryhard

someone doesn't want to go back to the kitchen its okay islam will make you soon :)

>someone doesn't want to go back to the kitchen
Jokes on you, I became housewife by choice

> islam will make you soon :)
lmao what

I'm sure you're an actual woman.

t. goblin girl who got BTFO by me in some other thread

Lmao, I remember 5 different people BTFO you at once

Wow, you don't fall for my feminist bait??????????!!!!!???? You are not a woman then!

Oh dear, you are hilarious

They took extreme care of their hair to keep it beautiful and lustrous and they still trimmed the ends you idiot, just not the length.

Also they had different hair arrangements so it didn't look the same at all, and some wore fringes. Also there is a thing called varying hair texture and color.

this virtue signalling "tfw no trad wife! thots reee! good old days when women were women >:(" shit is at this point just as annoying as every 20 something memeing goth girls

You can arrange hair but still it's far more beautiful and interesting when women have different styles, colours, textures and lenghts. You are projecting so hard but they looked really boring and alike, no matter how you did your braids

Well if women actually acted & cared to look like women anymore there’d be no such complaining.

They look like women though. Also you have no say if you don't look and behave exactly like men 100 years ago

sure thing, thot.

women dont look particularly unfeminine now what are you even sperging out over? that girls wear pants?

They look boring as hell, they are really similar to each other.

Also calling me a thot doesn't do anything to me as I am a virgin lol

>/Elaine-core/

>Implying she isn't a classy heiress to a Swiss fortune

She looks great

Along with all the reasons people have already given, styles like that also take a fucking ridiculous amount of time and effort to maintain.

For the big poofy updoos, are they held in place with bobby pins or something?

can't wait till a muzzie throws acid in your face :)

yeah, god forbid anyone give merit to taking time and care to look good on a Veeky Forums board.

fucking lazy thots, just spread your legs wider much less effort than being worth anything.
They washed their hair dry in those days and did a lot more brushing so their hair had a lot more grip and shape so it was mostly just pinned, although for substantial poofs they would sometimes use "hair rats" which were wefts made from the hair in their brushes to bulk up.

Whatever, keep refusing to co-operate us.
It’s not like we can just replace you ourselves, oh wait! That’s already happening!

>It’s not like we can just replace you ourselves, oh wait! That’s already happening!
what

The Trap phenomenon resurging again, just like in Ancient Greece & Rome.
When women become so insufferable that Men can literally not stand to be around them we just turn to the feminine Men instead.

>posts pics of 50's hollywood actresses
>complains about today's thots

Then replace me, I don't mean much. Go ride a twink or robot

Mind*

The support isn't there anymore. To get a proper 40s-50s style you need to find a curl set to map out where to place curlers, you need setting pomades, you need proper bristle brushes and you need to know how to brush out a curl set the correct direction.

Anyone can pick up some curlers but unless you have the rest of it then it won't work. You can get something approximating it, but unless you do it properly you just look like one of those sad rockabilly girls. Or a poodle mess.
And you can't use a curling iron to get the look, you need proper rollers sets.

And you need to either set aside a whole day for it to set or sleep on it. (You ever tried sleeping in a curler set? It's uncomfortable).

Oh and you have to redo it all as soon as your hair gets wet.

They are nice styles, I'm not disagreeing there, but with the difficulty of getting all the correct tools in the first place now and the sheer amount of time and dedication it takes to do it right I'm not surprised it never made a proper comeback.

This. I've seen some vintage styled girls on youtube do it, but usually it's much easier to do pincurls. Most people put the pincurls in the night before, sleep on them, then wear them for the day, but it's super unpredictable as to whether they'll turn out or not.

It's just not really worth it when having a nice, feminine style like pic is easier and more achievable.

To have something like.pic related you need a lot of hair and it needs to grow really long, which is impossible to some people

I have pretty average hair and can do similar styles. It's just multiple braids tied in together.

I have quite thin hair that can't grow that long, usually people grow hair to waist and it stops