Hair Style

How do you get your hair to get nice and messy like this once it's grown out enough? Do you use product / no product?

I'm also at this point and interested.

hair products to thicken your hair

also helps that when you get it cut, you ask your hairstylist to layer it for you so it doest grow to be so flat

Do you have any recommendations for the product? I'm 19M and it'll be a while before I'm at OP pic stage

First it depends on your hair type. Also keeping it healthy so its not dry and frizzy. I personally wash my hair with natural biotin shampoos. My hair is like this at the moment. I'm thinking about cutting it shorter though to or before I go back to school

Also stuff like thickening mousse can be good if you have very fine /thin hair

It honestly all depends on your hair type and length to begin with to decide what you should use. There are many different ways/ methods you can use to thicken hair. Do you have a pic of your hair? You can blur your face idc. It would help. My neighbor owns a salon so I worked there throughout high school

I can't do IRL photos, even with blurred face ( It makes me super anxious, sorry ;-; )

But thanks, I have to look into biotin shampoos

Do me I have nothing to lose :p

Ok, if you want an IRL just imagine this guy, but with straighter and less curled hair (That's not very helpful I know ; (

Do you have a better pic? with better lighting. Sorry, its kind of hard to tell. It looks a little dry but it could just be the horrible lighting. Also what are you trying to do with it? Do you have an inspo pic for what you want it to look like. Its mainly just figuring out your hair type and then keeping it healthy. Once its healthy, you can cut/layer it, put products, thickeners,etc in it to style it however you want.

I just grew my hair out. Tried nopoo for a while then started using shampoo and a nice conditioner every few days.

I need to get it cut I think I'll ask about having it layered or textured. Always hard to explain what I want when i go in.

Yeah it looks really bad from the side I need to cut the long side burn thin too I think.

The health of the hair feels ok though.

I'm a guy but would it be gay to show these pics when I get my haircut. It's exactly what I want. Also does it matter if I go to a barber versus a salon? I'm a guy so I usually go to a barbershop but this is the first time I've grown my hair out. I don't want to be the only guy in a salon. I feel they might think I'm gay. But if I show my usual barber he will also think I'm gay which I'm not. All I want is that hair :(

I'm also wondering this. But I was thinking a salon would be better because they are use to dealing with long hair. Most barber shops I see everyone seems to have the one haircut.

Oh yeah, I've been on nopoo for about a month or so. I like it, but biotin shampoo might be better for me

I actually really like user. It has a nice messy texture to it. I do agree that you should shave though. Idk what shampoo you use at the moment but anything that will strengthen, thicken, moisturize it is good. I personally switch off between Pantene Pro V Full and Strong and various natural biotin shampoos, mainly during winter since my hair tends to become dryer due to the cold. But yeah it does look healthy. Id have clients with really bad frizz walk in.

In my opinion, I believe if you have longer hair a salon is where you should go, unless you know your barber can cut middle length hair and not just give lineups. I'll have guys with middle length hair come in and say fix what my barber just did to me because they don't know how to cut long hair. But yes, guys come in all the time. I also wouldnt mind if you were to use ect for a guide if this what you really want. Guys always show me more boring haircuts as a reference. If you show me a female pic I'll feel more open to make the texture more exaggerated ad stylized versus a guy version which is more flat/and formal if you understand what I mean. :)

Hope that helps.

LMAO at thinking going to a salon would make you gay. I've never been to a barbershop before. Showing a pic of a girl though for your haircut is pretty gay though

HOw to getvthis texture in the front my hair is flat af

Sorry for being such a baby about this but can you guys just say word for word what you would tell your stylist to do for you

I don't think I've ever had a good haircut in my life and it's probably my fault

What do you want for your haircut firstoff? If you don't know what you want how are you going to explain ;)

Hitler Youth

goat haircut

>tfw hair used to be naturally like this but somehow it is now thin and "flat" i.e. no waves or volume

why !

Possibly receding hairline?

>I'm 19M
Kid you're going to look funny in anything until you're around 25, and even that's an approximation.

What product does this?

Is this a fade or a disconnected undercut? How would I describe the way the sides and back are done to my barber?

Kevin.Murphy Night.Rider

Matte texture, great hold, adds volume, works for thick and thin hair. Best damn product I ever got

Literally any wet pomade

goat

I cringe at this haircut every single time i see it

Its so bad and he looks so disporportionate with it

I keep wanting to cut my hair in a style similar to this one, maybe something that is less long and the front and covers my forehead, pic related.
But I've only seen good pictures of these haircuts. I pretty much have no idea how this style looks normally. Haven't seen one person rock something like this where I live.

tfw very thick and straight hair that refuses to be pulled back :( anyone else with same issue?

My stylist suggested that I swept it to the side but it looks so gay and my face isn't pretty enough to pull it off

na

My hair is the same.

Keep it super short and boring or grow it into a glorious mane.

You can also embrace the messiness with product and have fluffy hair like based steve

Should I have kept the afro?
(Remember global rule 3 before you post)

look at this dude