Rome lived for close to a thousand years, then adopted the Christian religion and 150 years later fell

>Rome lived for close to a thousand years, then adopted the Christian religion and 150 years later fell...

Hmm... Coincidence?

Considering the death blow to the roman empire came a century before the religion shift, I'd say yeah. If anything, Christianity actually helped tame the barbarians some and making them more easily assimilable.

Pure coincidence. Now go back to your wars in the Middle East and donating she- I mean excess wealth so you won't burn in hell for eternity.

The Germanics practiced a branch of Christianity known as Arianism which is considered a heresy by most other churches as it Denys the divinity of Christ. It wasn't until the Middle Ages and after Rome fell that tribes such as the Frank's converted to Catholicism.

Julian tried to save us, poor guy.

I know. Still the converted germans were much easier to deal with than the pagan ones.

Yeah but at least they knew who Jesus was and it made the transition a lot smoother than if they were still praying to Thor.

By that point Rome was already sacked by Arian tribes like the Vandals. I don't know how you can claim that Christianity helped Rome deal with Barabrians when they only converted after Rome fell. Christianity didn't do jackshit for Rome until it was dead.

Let me check my list. Is Christianity here? Yep. Totally destroyed Roman Empire.

You already have racial differences between Romans and Germanics but the fact that they both had a relatively similar spirituality made integration easier than if they had entirely different pantheons, not to mention the fact that the teachings of Jesus are a lot more sociable than the teachings of Odin. Furthermore, I guarantee you the average Roman or Germanic had little to no idea about the differences between Arianism and Catholicism.

>communism
>public baths
>jewish influence

>Communism
Kek.

>racial differences between Romans and Germanics
>different subsets of r1 dna make for whole different races
Whew.

*and* Conservatism

>t. someone parroting the ideas of a historian from the late 18th century

Arianism
>Jesus is not divine

literally every other branch of Christianity except for a few back water Protestants
>Christ is divine

Also Rome was very capable of adopting most other religions from areas that they conquered. Simply look at the prevalence of Mithras in Rome but how it did not displace or upset anything in society like Christianity did.

combine the Christian Byzantine empire's history they were about 2000 years old

>Lack of male dignity

Even with modern technology that allows us to detect such genetic distinctions, Italians and Germans still see themselves as separate peoples so you can bet that they had their own ethnic identities in flipping Antiquity.

Ethnic and racial are completely different arguments with completely different implications.

Byzantium was a better Rome than all the other rip-offs

may not have had the same amount of land but they did have similar influence

>Western civilization lived for close to a thousand years, then adopted the Marxist religion and 150 years later fell...

Yes and if you think the average plebeian knew anything about that you're delusional. Also Rome wasn't the one conquering this time.

it was the communist themselves that made that theory

>muh class warfare

The point is that the Germanics and Romans saw themselves as different peoples but at least they had Jesus in common.

That pic deviates from the original meme.
The OP is already largely at fault for starting the flame war there, he didn't just ask a neutral question or propose a thread argument like in the other editions.

>"""Roman"""

is "other militaries catching up" and "the rise/resurgence of Calvary based armies" in the list in some form?

>jewish influence

Christianity then?

They descended from the Roman imperial line

If you don't count them then Rome was no longer a thing after Constantine made Constantinople into a capital which was before/during the Christian takeover.

see

>ruled by arm*nians,macedonian and slavs
>""Roman""

Well, there is attacks of the Germans and Huns, professional army, disarmament and lack of the recruits. I don't know if that counts as historians found new reasons for fall of Rome every month. Hard to keep up chart with times.

>ruled by Spaniards, Africans and Gauls
>"Roman"

did Rome fall or did it just morph into the Roman Catholic Church?

The Catholic Church just stole its administrative titles, divisions and nomenclature. It has very little to do with the actual Roman state which fell in the 15th century centuries after it had fallen out with the Papacy. Christianity just squatted on the remains of the Roman West and assumed all its prestige for itself to forge itself into a powerhouse.

The latter.

I truly think that it was due to the Civil wars

The Romans at the time were still strong enough to completely rape the Germans and Huns. Problem was they were too busy fighting each other than the fuckers who was actually threatening them.

>tfw the Celts had to deal with centuries of Anglo-Saxon takeovers because the Roman in charge of Briton just took his army and left

t. pontifex max.

In Hoc Signo Vinces

> did USSR fall or did it just morph into the tumblr?

dont forget africans

>implying the Soviets wouldn't have found tumblr extravagant

What do you mean 150 years?

In February of 380 AD, Theodosius declared Christianity, based on the Nicene Creed, as the only official religion of Rome. In 382 AD, the Alter of Victory was removed from the Curia forever and destroyed. The Ancient Olympic Games, a religious festival as much as an athletic competition, were last held in 393 AD and eventually banned. In 394 AD, Theodosius disbanded the Vestal Virgins and has the sacred flame extinguished. Temples were converted to churches or destroyed. Participating in any pagan religious right or ceremony was considered, essentially, treason and grounds for execution.

Theodosius the Great died in 395 AD. Upon his death, the Roman Empire was split into an eastern half and a western half, each governed by one of his sons. The empire would never be united again. In 410 AD, just thirty years after the adoption of Christianity as the official religion of Rome, the Visigoth under Alaric I sacked Rome.

Papacy was originally the pontifex which was already a pretty big position in Rome even before Christianity was a thing. It's just when all their leaders just up and left for the East and the Germanics were not only knocking on their door but also ended up fanboys of the Church of Rome the Pontiff had to take charge and get shit done since the other Roman secular powers either were destroyed or done jackshit.

I legitimately sad that they doesn't even tried to sculpt good image of Jesus. Reminds me of Isis and they destruction of cultural heritage. Seems like fundamentalists are still the same after all.

Rome wasn't the capital either before Constantine. There were four capitals and none of them was Rome.

Rome was simply a shit capital when the empire got big enough.

really makes you think

I keep seeing this image in "Christianity destroyed Rome" threads. What point is it trying to make exactly? Clearly it's not supporting the Nazi guy because he's drawn unflatteringly. But the quotes are all about the Romans race, not their religion. Is it trying to say race mixing was despised in Rome or that it was common? Or that it was only common is provinces? Someone please explain this to me.

probably more the fact that pagan rome gets romanticized when in reality it was extremely degenerate

pic related is more accurate. Keep in mind that his father was from Libya and his mother from Syria, who both moved to Rome. So he doesn't represent the average Roman citizen. Also this is before the Islamic conquests and Arab expansionism. So modern Libyans and Syrians have nothing to do with people who were called Libyans and Syrians back then.

What's the point of not being degenerate if being degenerate makes you intelligent, powerful, and proud?

it doesnt. rome was those things in spite of its excesses which are what ultimately caused its downfall. the greatest roman minds like aurelius, seneca and cicero all lamented over the poor state of roman morals and they werent even christians

Civilization advances downwards simultaneously as it advances upwards. Just look at fat people for a simple example

>So modern Libyans and Syrians have nothing to do with people who were called Libyans and Syrians back then.
t. 19th century race expert.

No, just demographic common knowledge. The modern people are descended from Arabic tribes that invaded and killed off any remaining ancient peoples. Obviously the ancient Egyptians didn't have Arabic names; that's because they were a different people.

correlation does not equal causation

makes sens to me

The Iron Age didn't begin because people ran out of Bronze

things evolve

A man fucked a woman and a fag called OP was born. Coincidence?

Anyone that actually takes that shit seriously is absolutely retarded. It's /pol/bait at its most obvious.

>The modern people are descended from Arabic tribes that invaded and killed off any remaining ancient peoples.
ah yes.
everyone knows that replacing the ruling class is LITERALLY GENOCIDE

Naming conventions change therefore complete genetic shift.

That's real fucking stupid

Even if the Arabs mixed with instead of killed off the native population (probably both happened), that still doesn't make the modern people an accurate representation of the ancient people.

>Even if the Arabs mixed with instead of killed off the native population (probably both happened)

... how?

Gas the Kikes! Race war now!

they made the distinction themselves

>oh no someone mentioned race
>better deny biology!!

>Clearly it's not supporting the Nazi guy because he's drawn unflatteringly.

retard

sex and knives maybe

... are you dumb??

This is only a good analogy if you think it is natural that any society run by Christians should collapse pretty quickly.

romewank like this is so fucking retarded when they were constantly on brink of actual, real disasters throughout their existence

Gas the bourgeoisie! Class war now!

Jews were the reason of Roman's fall. You know it too, Juden.

this is still

Because the ancient people were a mix of pheonecian, greek, and Italian, you goof

Any more pictures like this?
I don't care about the race bullshit, i just want to look at realistic emperors

this desu senpai

Rome adopted Christianity after they started declining. When stuff goes wrong, changes are made, and this case they changed religions because they felt that their gods weren't doing them well.

Just a reminder to all that the city of Rome lost all importance around the reign of Septimius Severus c.210 AD. Think before you post.

>Caracalla will never be your bf

what is this list supposed to be?

>fear of life
>tiredness of life
>paralysis of will
>indifference

damn, I didn't realize ancient rome turned into r9k

More like the Rome that we know had died by the time of Tetrarchy. Smallpox is a hell of a plague.

The core areas of the Roman Empire were gutted by the Crisis of the Third Century and the Plague of Cyprian. When the core state of a empire is gravely injured trouble will follow. At the tail end of it the number of Greek speaking Roman citizens out numbered the Latin speaking Roman citizens.

Heck the balance of power with the Germans changed just because their population had not been reduced during the same period.

>Bread and circuses
Kek

>The core areas of the Roman Empire were gutted by the Crisis of the Third Century and the Plague of Cyprian

Except the empire recuperated in the early to mid 4th century after the reign of Diocletian, sure the empire was unfamiliar to us compared to the original 1st century empire what with its state bureaucracy, more naked monarchic tone, the growing gulf between rich and poor and increasing militarisation of society, but it was fundamentally far stronger than it had been post-Severus. The genuine decline only began in the early years of the next century after the 406 crossing of the Rhine, the civil war between Stilicho and Constantine III and Alaric's rampage.

People forget how good the 4th century was in some ways. It was no Pax Romana, sure, but it was solid in its own way under relatively competent (if civil war prone) imperators.