/Boot general/

Talk about boots. That's all.

Were Dr. Martens ever viable work shoes? They seem to crap out with every-day usage, no matter how often you condition them, brush them and keep them up. Apparently they costed around £20 brand-new when they first came out, so were they literally the cheapest option back then?

Other urls found in this thread:

viberg.com/collections/footwear/products/service-boot-snuff-kudu?variant=30825602504
uspatriottactical.com/corcoran-jump-boots-10-inch-historic-leather-brown/
harrysarmysurplus.net/corcoran-1510-mens-10-inch-historic-leather-combat-boots.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you think the quality now justifies the price gap between the first release and current release?

I have a pair of 1460's and can safely say that they are not reliable for working conditions. Maybe around an auto shop, but other than that, they do not hold up to any abrasive conditions. Doesnt mean they are bad though that's for sure. They are just relatively durable fashion boots.

These on the other hand, Danner Quarry, are a perfect work boot that withstand abuse. Ditch those yellow laces and they are just about good for anything including everyday wear you can incorporate into your apparel.

Doc martens tend to be some of the best boots you can buy. Maybe not as good as red wings, but certainly better than most cheap combat boots. I own a pair of rufford steel toe electric hazard boots and they hold up well; I guess it just depends on the kind of docs you buy, since they have a ton of different variants and products. Overall,good guilty at a moderate price.

How do danner boots fit? I want to cop a pair of tackyons.

go for it ( ^_^)b

There's already four other boot threads

True to size. Most boots in general will run big but Danner fits like a Doc, true to size.

Go onto the Danner website and pick the boots you want. From there, there is an option to figure out your size in the boot based off of other brands of shoes/boots you have worn. It's an excellent size guide.

FYI you won't regret getting Danner's.

Anyone /metal/head here? What are you guys wearing? I've got these cheap brown suede boots for now, thinking of upgrading but not sure what to.

Metal fucking sucks, angsty white boy music

Listen to some real music and get yourself a pair of real boots faggot.

Upgrade to Corcorans or milsurp. I currently rotate Docs and Solovairs, both are steel-toed (the Solovairs are oxblood/11i, while the Docs are MiE-14i in black) but when both of them fall apart, I'll probably nudge my way into milsurp like the meme-boots. I also fucking love harness boots.

austrian meme boots

you'll be disappointed in the meme boots, they look cool but even the 'supergrade' ones seem to have heavy and inconsistent wear. Would be willing to pay for NIB ones, wish they were available

This is an angsty white boy comment. Also i've seen uglier boots on Veeky Forums

Post this in the other boots general but...

Anyone know where i can find a pair of boots similar to this.

Closest thing i can find is something like this:

viberg.com/collections/footwear/products/service-boot-snuff-kudu?variant=30825602504

But don't have that sort of money, so if you guys know any cheaper alternatives or similar boots to the one in the picture lemme know.

You can get them from the original manufacturer for around 130, I think.

are docs true to size? what about monos? I looked up online and the monos seem to be slightly chunkier. Is that true or are they exactly the same as the normal 1460s?

>costed around £20
Ever heard of inflation? Here's an ad from the 80s. 1461s cost $65 which in todays money would be around $200 according to few inflation calculators i tried. they were made in england though.

pretty much the same as the MiE now then

linkie link?

>are docs true to size?
Not at all. Its recommended you size down. So if youre an 11 go 10 and if youre a 10.5 go 10 etc.

>I looked up online and the monos seem to be slightly chunkier
Exact same silhouette as the regular 1460s. I own both

the 1461's in mono are sleeker though, for me at least tts compared with always sizing down with the other models

>I also fucking love harness boots.
I agree, they look killer.

Guys what are your opinions on faux leather boots? They are cheap and sometimes look very cool. I just got one pair from H&M and can’t say that I’m uncomfortable in it. Any arguments why natural leather is better?

You’ll end up throwing them away shortly after they fully break in.

Can someone please tell me if there are any good brown 10 inch leather combat boots available on earth in women's sizes? I'm losing my mind trying to find a size JUST smaller than the smallest mens in any brand that seems to be available.

The monos are chunkier I've bought, compared, and returned a pair. They seem to be about a centimeter shorter than their comparable sizes in the 1460's. I think because they are unisex they split the size difference.

uspatriottactical.com/corcoran-jump-boots-10-inch-historic-leather-brown/

harrysarmysurplus.net/corcoran-1510-mens-10-inch-historic-leather-combat-boots.html