Become directer of one of the most iconic and respected heritage brands

>become directer of one of the most iconic and respected heritage brands
>turn it into Ed Hardy for rich teens
Is there a bigger hack in the industry right now?

y'all are just afraid of color and individuality

>individuality
>literally every other hypebeast has a variant of this shirt

the funniest thing is that people will praise this guy and then call hedi slimane a hack.

2 designers who do the exact same shit every season, one gets a pass because the average critic and consumer can't see past a mess of bright colours.

I still see Gucci stuff I like every now and then. I've never been one for blatant branding pieces though, which are all you ever see in the wild or on celebs.

BUT I'm also an oldfag, and Gucci has always attracted obnoxious clout-seekers trying to flex. I'm more surprised by Givenchy and Balmain becoming hype brands. Everytime a rapper mispronounces a brand they're hyping, I die a little.

Not even comparable desu

that's not a runway piece

I unironically like new Gucci. Fight me.

It's Gucci so it should be gaudy. Idk I just love its aesthetic right now.

I'm not an "muh all black" fag though so maybe that's why.

It's not that surprising. Hype is a good business model. Why not.

>most robust market share of any luxury fashion house
>highest percentage of sales to under 35s

B-but maybe we should stop or the chinlet milktoasts on Veeky Forums in black hoodies and Vans might get butt angry at the expensive brand that uses color.

And what do you mean "most respected heritage brand" Nobody gave a shit about Gucci before 2015. It was dead.

hmm strange that you self-identify as a gucci beast, and you counter-identify your nemesis as "all black fags", internally i identify as an all black fag, but I dont hate the modern gucci. it is some decent designs---but!----then something about them just ruins it, like the hi tops with the crest on the outside, you make these nice leather hitops and then put a massive animal face crest on the outside of the ankle, yea you are gucci, but still, your just shooting yourself in the foot in terms of actual design aesthetics

they shouldn't be making these embellished designs BECAUSE they think they HAVE to, they should be making them because they still think it still looks good, I mean, how can that be your aesthetic? it basically means your aesthetic is anti-fashion, and how can you actually get anywhere for any length of time, by being strictly ANTI, and have like your rare item that is actualyl aestheticlly pleasing and wearable in a sophisticated environment, i mean you can only appeal to the "upscale" ghetto thug for so long. cant you?

too long didnt read

>internally i identify as an all black fag
opinion disregarded

who actually makes these comments about "rich teen fags", lol, like why the hate for teens whose parents happen to be rich, and who give their kids money to buy clothes? it's not like they can help it, they were born into it. it's just as bad as hating the poor for not saving up to buy nicer clothes.\
yea figures.

>It's not that surprising. Hype is a good business model. Why not.
Yeah. I get that it's ridiculous profit; it's just a less predictable leap to go from couture dresses to making logo tees than it would have been for other brands. Even Rodarte is making hype shirts. I wouldn't have predicted that.

Resenting wealth is the biggest indicator of a NGMI.

As someone who was born into lower middle class blue collar white rust belt surroundings and now has a fair amount of money, retrospect reveals how toxic the thinking of low income people is. Yeah, life isn't fair and some people have to work harder but the point is you can make a better life for yourself.

I don't think you actually pay attention to Gucci if you think they only go for "upscale thug" aesthetic.

Can I borrow $20? Not gonna buy heroin.

Is pic related meant to be an example of "hype" design, I actually find that outfit quite beautiful

No, it was meant to show Gucci isn't just hype pieces you see on rappers.

it's all in the name, how many rap albums had the brand literally written into their songs for over 20 years now. still what came first, them appealing to that specific thug (bling) culture or "that" culture liking their designs

Post more Gucci.

Ok

Hnnng

And the girl ain't bad either.