Why did microsoft pay so much for linkedin? the market cap was like 18b and they paid 26

why did microsoft pay so much for linkedin? the market cap was like 18b and they paid 26.

most likely a bidding war and the greatest fool won

It's gotta be the most worthless social network I've ever seen.

I don't know anyone who actually uses it other than honest to God retards, and I honestly don't know how the fuck they scammed Microsoft into paying that much.

Like holy shit they just made out like bandits. They robbed the fuckin' train.

think about it: skype went for 8.5b, twitch went for 1b, and this fucking thing goes for 26? I don't get it.

I agree and I disagree. Linkdin is starting to become a very popular recruiting tool for employers. I thought it was useless bullshit when I made a page in college, then when I started applying for real jobs in my field a lot of them referred you to representatives on linkdin that they wanted you to contact. The network definitely has the potential to become THE go-to recruiting tool for all employers everywhere with a few improvements, but it streamlines the process (I think) for recruiters and for job-seekers. I agree they paid a hefty price for what could end up being an obsolete networking tool, but they could also revamp it and it could become THE tool for getting a job/finding employees and I think that would be nice for everyone.

That's a good point. No matter how worthless I think it is, it's still the social network everyone thinks of when they think "business" (even if I still don't know fucking why).

Honestly, day fucking one they should walk in there and fucking slash whoever thought it was a good idea to force the whole "see everyone who viewed your profile" bullshit. That's probably the biggest reason nobody uses that horseshit. I mean, imagine if you woke up tomorrow and Facebook or Instagram was like, "hey here's everyone that's viewed your profile recently! oh and by the way, everyone is getting this message! everyone can see if you viewed their profile! why? cause fuck you, lol."

Imagine...

Microsoft Office + LinkEn = Enterprise King

they bought them for their userbase and the data

retards

ever heard of Lync?

Msoft wants to couple it with Linkdin.

They haven't done anything with it to judge, anyway.

>why did microsoft pay so much for linkedin?
because they're microsoft and they love to overpay for things that aren't going to pan out for them, especially since interest rates are so low (this acquisition is being funded by debt). recent dumb microsoft acquisitions: nokia phones, minecraft, skype, aquantive.

>paying 26m for desperate poo in the loos to find a job in the west

With this buy I think microsoft will go for blackberry. Makes sense to rule the enterprise world especially when security is a big thing now. Drop Blackberrys hardware and their software is still profitable

They're subsidizing the tech bubble
People will resist because that's to much power for one platform. People are aware of how much monopolies screw them. You could quit google or steam tomorrow with little impact on your life. Imagine not being able to get a job ever because there's a 1 star rating on your profile for whatever reason; "pay a low fee of $500 dollars for us to scrub this blemish from your hidden cv" At least, I hope they resist.

>all these stupid niggers ITT who dont understand tech giants dont buy small companies to make profit

they destroy the potential rivals before they get big this way. watch Anti Trust.

>People resist too much power for one platform
Utterly false. You would think people would, but they like the convenience. Plus you make your linkdin profile, and choose what to put on it. Other people arent saying negative things about you on there. Its kind of like a flashy resume

Is this why Yahoo paid billions for Tumblr and rejected an offer to buy Netflix for ~300 million

I think it has great potential. I can't think of another social network that can actually beat Facebook at what it does, but this takes a different approach entirely and runs with it.

At least it may give me an excuse to someday abandon FB.

Don't forget the potential for patent trolling in Blackberry.

Hmm maybe Facebook would like to buy Veeky Forums

>whatever you're offering
>DOUBLE IT

nice try cuckerberg

Wow I just googled it

They have like 44k patents, up there with apple

It's not going to generate them 26b in revenue ever.

I guess they consider their cash reserves to be useless and just want to nab assets.