Lads, I live in Tokyo. Heading to the Cav Empt shop in a couple hours, S/S18 is dropping at noon. What should I cop?

Lads, I live in Tokyo. Heading to the Cav Empt shop in a couple hours, S/S18 is dropping at noon. What should I cop?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cav-Empt-Beauty-Youth-B-Y-Pullover-Jacket/152844742401?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152844742401&rvr_id=0&ul_noapp=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cav Empt is fucking gay

wanna be archival raf

Very few things from their lookbook stand out compared to their previous season. I like that black long sleeve but it's quite plain. I dislike the color choices on the hoodies despite owning this. I'd like to see photos from the store if you are willing to share any, though. The drum machine sweater looks okay if you like techno, I guess?

big guy is right
just save your money and buy a pair of ramones, not that converse all starts copy shit.

Are you a jap? What's it like living there?

I can try to take pics if I am allowed and decide I won't look like too mich of a dork. I agree that overall the lookbook is a bit underwhelming but that white jacket with the four pockets in front is pretty sick. If it is under 500 I might cop.

No, American. It's nice. Very safe, comfortable and convenient.

what the fuck are you guys even talking about

Cav Empt is shit and should be avoided.

how does big guy have fashion knowhow when he looks like shit

save up for some junya

Any ideas what color of hoodie or sweatshirt I can wear under this? Was probably going to go with a boring color like charcoal or brown.

are you serious? It sucks

Why don't you guys buy some actual nice stuff instead of buying plebian shit because of the brands name.

What should I buy instead?

get this. sell it to me

Thats what I am talking about for myself actually. If you are willing to pay a markup plus shipping from Japan I'd consider it.

Can't you just buy it from the website?

What sort of job do you do that allows you to live there

When does it release world wide? will it have it in places like haven, end. etc etc? I usually get my C.E from grailed

OP here it releases on the CE site tomorrow. Check their Instagram.

Ah sorry, didn't see that I'm living the meme as an English teacher.

How is it?

Not bad. My particular job is really great but not at all the norm.

I'm a JET in Kansai, about to finish up soon. What kind of company are you at? I wanna keep teaching in Japan but I don't want to end up at a shit school/ eikaiwa .

Please share tips for doing the meme. I finish college at the end of next year and would like to set myself up to be there in 2019 or 2020.

I’m at a like a after school juku for early elementary rich kids. Usually grades 1-3. We're not just an English school. Math, science, Japanese and Music as well.

Look into JET and ECC, AEON as a last resort. Don't bother with other options until you're already in Japan with a visa and experience.

are you big guy on that one discord too

no discord is for fags

But arent you a huge fag big guy? Or have all the pics ive seen from you been an ironic joke

Just left, didn't cash out. They didn't have the jacket yet, and no tees. Cool stuff anyway but didn't pull the trigger. They had a nice denim jacket but didnt want to pay 700. I'll keep checkIng for the four pocket jacket during subsequent drops of this season.

Any other examples of colour block stuff? Especially pastel. (asking for a friend)

Thanks

Looks like they have stuff from past seasons too. I suppose any excess stock they just dump there. Looks fun, I want to go.

What are the most sought out cav empt pieces besides that green meme pullover

You can get that image from the users manual (google it, its 10000 pixels square) and contains a picture of every item they've released up until late 2016 or so. They do a lot of color blocking but pastel is usually quite bad.

Probably the first plague hoodie or the fleece pullover #2 in not-navy.

Yo user I'll be heading to Japan in Feb and was thinking of doing some shopping in Shibuya. Was mostly gonna hit up shoe stores but do you have any places you'd recommend?

yea look up zara and h&m, real sick shit

two different styles

looks like that old drop dead college jacket that every scene kid had back in 2010 or whatever

That had a few pieces from late last season.
My personal CE grail is their shearling jacket from a few years back. There has been one for sale on Grailed for a long tIme. Never bothered to contact the seller and ask of he could go down a bit.

In Shibuya specifically? Not really sure tb h. I generally do Harajuku/Minami Aoyama and Ginza.

Minami Aoyama has Yohji, Rick, Cav Empt, Undercover and more.

DSM Ginza if you're real man.

>undercover

fuck off

>that one user who pathologically hates Undercover

Just copped this one fav piece last season

>he thinks only 1 person hates undercover in Veeky Forums out of all places

Not that user, but it's pretty obvious that it's the same person every time

I fucking love Undercover come at me nerd.
Bought some pieces 2 weeks ago at Aoyama.

post them faggot

Pls be joke

Painfully obvious it's the same guy. In the chance it's not, maybe Reddit started shilling Undercover so that's why idk.

Not everyone has to like Undercover but there's nothing obviously hateable about it like Supreme or Balenciaga. Shit rappers aren't even on Undercover. So I'm curious what this dude's deal is. Probably just a new way to troll, because hating the hateable meme brands is played out.

That or he loves Undercover and can't afford it.

COMMISSARY store in costa mesa gets new cav empt deliveries every week or so..pretty decent selection too

Undercover is legit trash. Cav empt is fuccboi tier but its decent.

Probably one of the more interestig pieces to come out of CE in a while, the logo/prints got pretty lame after a while but hard to tell if its because of market saturation or if their prints legit got less interesting

I used to live near Tokyo too. Head the fuck down to the thrift stores. 10 Tow is my favourite, personally, but Kindal, Ragtag and Don Don Down Wednesday is good too. Go to 10 Tow for lots of cheap used Yohji, CDG and some random Helmuts, Ricks and Rafs if you're lucky.

Then you've got the boutiques - the Studious stores are my favourite for menswear. Beams and United Arrows are nice for that Popeye magazine comfy core vibe.

Actually, what are you looking for? Be more than happy to help

OP here yeah I'm probably going to try to cop. The more I look at it the more I like it. I don't know what the price will be exactly but probably between 500-700. CE is getting quite expensive... kind of shame. I'll still fork over for their best pieces but some of it is thoroughly overpriced. I saw a store exclusive bag on their Insta that is kind of neat so I was looking to get it, but not at 300. I think there will be a limit to their price inflation and I think we've reached it. If it gets any pricier people will be turned off. The fur and brown leather bomber that dropped today was like 2,300 bucks ha. I personally find it ugly.

Rinkan has gotten much worse in the past year or so for some reason. Does 10tow have a website or are they physical only? I don't live there and I have no idea when I'm next going to be there.

when is adidas gonna collab with cav empt? I want to see some cav empt inikis

kekd

OP here.

>10 Tow
Where is this, or where is the best one? Done a lot of thrift mainly in Harajuku and Shimo Kitzazawa but this name doesn't ring a bell.

>Don Don Down Wednesday
Now see, the one in Koenji completely sucks. Some cool vintage sukajans (that are cool but not worth the price) but that's it.

10 Tow is in Shibuya. There's a building right opposite of the Tokyu Hands bicycle shop entrance. It's on the 4th floor I think, there's a sign like pic related in front of it.

It's a hidden gem, I haven't met anyone who wasn't a total Yohji nutter who knew about the store.

And no, I don't think 10 Tow has any internet presence whatsoever.

Thanks, man.

What about old undercover like small parts and earmuff maniac

Just copped the affordable meme jacket. What do you guys think?

too boxy

CE is always boxy, that’s its look.

No. This is arguably one of c.e's best pieces and its anything but boxy

much better than your fucking shithole mongrel cuck

Did you buy a fake one?

Zitto animale

Rinkan is fine but just expensive. They might have a good collection but expensive so you could say it's getting worse but there's so many other stores just don't bother with em. 2nd street or even ragtag's comme/yohji section will have you covered at a fraction of the price.

I think part of the original appeal of C.E was that it was an emerging label with limited stockist. That on top of their then interesting items would have helped generate the hype. Now i look at the pricing you mentioned and makes me wonder why dont I just cop from another established brand especially if we’re talking about somewhat basic items. Surely there are others like CE that fill that same niche market.

I hope not. Seller assured me it wasn’t. Here is the eBay listing. Legit check if ya can. m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cav-Empt-Beauty-Youth-B-Y-Pullover-Jacket/152844742401?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152844742401&rvr_id=0&ul_noapp=true

Anyone know what the prices gonna be before being released online?

Putting together a tech inspired fit with it.

Change pants
Change shoes
Add socks
No scarf

there was never anything niche about cav empt
just another streetwear label with bit more hype for whatever reason

Theyd collab with nike on some Air Max TN if anything.

They literally have nothing in common aside from graphics and even then theyr e completely different .

>switches off trip to agree with himself

This is just pathetic. Sad!

A bit MORE hype? Compared to what streetwear brands? Bape flagship in Harajuku has a line on weekends and obviously nothing is like Supreme in terms of hype. When I went this afternoon to CE it was by far the busiest I have seen the store. there were probably seven people in there most Chinese, one other white guy including me. 15 minutes after new season drop and you could get your hands on anything.

CE is still pretty low key.

From checking today. What will release is what is shown individually on the Instagram. Not the whole lookbook as of yet of course.

Roughly converting from yen.
That black jacket is 700.
Fluffy and brown leather bomber is 2300 (kek)
Hoodies 230ish
Pants 300ish

I wouldn't worry about it being fake, CE isn't really faked. Nice cop.

As for the fit, pretty much what the other guy said. No Vans on tech fit come on lad, scarf is a no, definitely no bare ankles. Hard to say what color the pants are, but in any event I'd change them. Rick cargos might look good with that jacket. I'd just go full Cav Empt like an absolute madman to be honest.

Go to Ink instead and buy some CCP.

this you're ruining the jacket with the poor choices, but good on ya for trying, I could see what you were going for but not executed well

Thanks for the tips lads. This was my first try at a fit actually. So at least I’m on the right tracks. Shoes are the only black I have atm. I have triple black nmds coming in the mail

This might actually be fake, please post a close-up picture of the sleeve badge. Someone brought this listing up in the discord and it looked sus

>MFW the Cav Empt is fake

Check the listing description. He was showing that one for comparison

more hype than every other exact same streetwear brand like it

Here is the one on the jacket

Oh cool that’s legit

looks like the got >pic in there. You know how much it cost? looking to cop it online.

Bought for 220. Did I do well?

what the fuck is this, Lain's log-in screen? the Selecao phone?

Paid $50-$100 USD too much

No offence intended but why would your first attempt at a fit ever (?) involve an extremely expensive jacket that demands particular supporting clothes which you don't seem to have? It's the non-sneakerhead equivalent of spending all your money on a single part of your outfit

Their selection of everything used to be way better, and the prices used to be lower too. I remember they had old CDG suit jackets for maybe $20 or $30 USD on sale, now they barely have any and the ones they do have are $50 or more for the same thing. They also used to have 20-30 Cav Empt items at any given time, now they have maybe 10 if you're lucky.

He doesn’t. He just posts his opinions in every single thread without ever backing them up. It’s honestly sad.

No offence taken. I’ve been lurking here a while and wanted to get something. I really like the Cav Empt style but wasn’t sure where to start. I saw the jacket on eBay (which for the jacket th price was a steal. Offered £200). And thought fuck it now or never and decided it would be a centre piece of a fit I would eventually work out.

none of the stuff on the site is worth buying. When is the next drop?

I think CE generally drops new stuff every two week I want to say?

give me your opinion on why cav empt is good and back it up

lmao
lmao