Question/Discussion

So outta curiosity what'd yall think about people knowingly buying fake designer shit and flexing it? I kinda get it if something is rare and balls hard to attain(it's never REALLY that hard) and someone wants it for cheaper. But to me it just seems kinda dumb and stupid trying to look a certain way and get that "clout" or whatever. And while sure people generally aren't gonna fucking go up to you say your shit is fake unless they know it or if they're a fucking autist and check your shit or something lol. But would someone really get the same feeling wearing fake shit compared to the real deal? I also found out that reddit lol has a subreddit just dedicated to replicas and now I can't imagine how reddit can find new ways to get worse than what they already have. But what do you all think about ppl who buy into fake shit and flex?

I don't own any fake shit but as my friend is in china rn I asked him to get me some overly tacky and fake gucci stuff to supplement my neo-chav-core 2018 vibes

Gucci cap will go well with the clunky ugly trainers, tapered but baggy wool trousers, jewelry et al

most of that sub is filled with people still in high school, and they all dress like shit like the people on this board do.

Flexing is just retarded, regardless if it is real or fake.
When I see those kids flexing I don't think that they are cool, I just think that they are a fashion victim trying really hard to be cool.

If it looks good it looks good. Some of these hype pieces can look cool but simply aren't worth the retarded hype price. If you're buying it just to show off like you have money you're autistic, but if you just like the look of a pair of beluga V2's or an off white belt or whatever, more power to you. Most normies won't even know what you're wearing half the time.

Depends on the item. If its something like a shirt or some jeans yeah I'll either by a rep or thrift and tailor it for stuff like leather jackets or shoes and boots I'll spend extra up to a certain point.

>reddit

>buying fake shit

No problem. Sometimes there are pieces you just like the look of vut don't want to pay hype prices for it. I've got an off white belt and vetements sweatshirt I just liked the actual look of but didn't want to pay dumb prices

>flexing fake shit

foh

id buy fake shit, if the fake item, too normies, is not obvious. In terms of branding

Fags

If you can’t afford it then wear something else. Pathetic

Why?

>I'm retarded enough to pay $300 for a basic belt or a cheap pair of shoes glued together by peasants with lead poisoning so you should be too!

I would only buy fakes that are minimal.

genuinely considered buying a fake SLP teddy because I love the design and dont have $2k but i realized its too recognizable, id just look like i was trying to look rich when im broke

My man, 90% of people outside of The Veeky Forums Bubble won't even know what SLP even means. Buy it.

I don't know where you live but if you don't know what SLP is in London then you're probably an outcast.

And so what if they do? They're not gonna legitcheck your tags.

I never suggested that he shouldn't buy the fake, I'm just saying that SLP is a well known brand outside of Veeky Forums unlike what you said.

If you are buyong something for a general design or function, go buy a fast fashion knockoff or a Chinese label version. If you are buying something for “clout” or flexing then end yourself.

>flexing
Underage get the fuck out

Dude, that jacket is pretty much a knockoff of regular varsity jackets anyway. I've seen jackets that look exactly the same (yes yes, I'm sure the fit and design are slightly different, point is they're really common "designs")

I fully support replica/fake clothing. If all your label can offer is tacky branding like Off-White or Gucci, you deserve to lose profits and be worn by 14 year olds. Charging $700 for plain logo tshirts should be criminal.

Wearing Vetements or Off-White is basically wearing fake clothing so who cares desu

The teddy jacket is actually a straight up copy of a vintage varsity jacket worn by one of the members of The Drums in Hedi's photoshoot

where do you get 1:1 fakes?

Taobao

Or Korean repmakers