What did ancient peoples with vision problems do without glasses? How did they cope...

What did ancient peoples with vision problems do without glasses? How did they cope? How did ancient peoples shave and cut their toe nails?

idunno

Nice trips. I need answers

>What did ancient peoples with vision problems do without glasses?
They didn't stare at a computer screen all day so that helped not having issues in the first place. And even without glasses you can do basic tasks.

Besides glasses were invented pretty early, in 1286 in Italy

>1286
He said ancient.

>What did ancient peoples with vision problems do without glasses?

Most people couldn't/didn't need to read, so it wouldn't be so much of an issue unless you were literally blind.

> How did ancient peoples shave
knives

>cut their toe nails
knives, or just peel them off and eat them for extra calcium ;)

>And even without glasses you can do basic tasks.

Not if you're extremely near sighted like most people who need glasses. I can't see past a foot in front of my face everything is really blurry.

>so it wouldn't be so much of an issue unless you were literally blind

I don't think people with perfect vision understand what it's like to have vision problems.

Most just died on accident

Their brothers who were sane still carried the vision problem with their adn so when they have more children they had the same issues

Now with the years human life became easier than it was before so people with problems can have viable lives

Repeat this till today and now you also have people with asthma, allergics and other issues that could kill you in the past

*DNA
Sorry I mistake it with the spanish translation

i'm this way too i have pretty bad sight actually

i still go outside without glasses and take the metro buy my things and shit since with glasses imo i dont look great
so ancient peasants could definitely plow their field without glasses don't bullshit me

>don't bullshit me

Your prescription sounds weak as fuck if you can do all those things without glasses

>They didn't stare at a computer screen all day so that helped not having issues in the first place.
That's not how shortsightedness works, though.

>I don't think people with perfect vision understand what it's like to have vision problems.

if people can manage being completly blind, i think people could manage with blurry vision

i said don't bullshit me precisely because i have shit sight
if i take off my glasses i can't even read the Veeky Forums screen anymore and i'm sitting in front of a laptop

Simply closing your eyes is not the same as having a total blur of colours and strong glares of light shining in your eyes. It's totally fucked up your depth perception and confuses you.

With that shit vision you can walk into groceries stores and buy groceries? Bullshit.

Carefully.

>hello sir give me a pack of cigarettes and the newspaper
>take the beer i like with the big obvious logo
>later on call the pizzeria
i don't see any problems

>if i take off my glasses i can't even read the Veeky Forums screen anymore and i'm sitting in front of a laptop

So you're far sighted. Totally different things.

That's not grocery shopping dumbass that's picking up smokes,Beer and ordering pizza. Subtle difference.

what ? in french it's caled myope and astigmate, i am myope

>Walk up to someone
>Direct me to someone who works here please
>Excuse me sir i need some milk, rope, a large banana and some baby oil

And he picks it out, Hard as shit m8

Nobody will do that for you. You'd have to order the groceries

well if i can pick up smokes,Beer and order pizza surely the ancient peasants could milk the cow plow the field and fuck the wife without needing any glasses

Nah dude he's probably extremely nearsighted. I'm the same way. -8.00 prescription

To answer OP, my Latin teacher told us that ancient Roman's stuck slivers of glass in their eyes, but I haven't seen a source

Blurry vision wouldn't really have troubled people back in the ancient times much at all. Literacy was non-existent and people led incredibly dull lives. Not seeing wild animals from distance could get you killed but people did that all the time with perfect eye sight too.

You are mistaken, user. Utters are are different than 6-packs and smokes.

They probably didn't exist long or do much. Kind of like diabetics in ancient times. They usually died early so the mutant allele(s) couldn't be passed on.

Now, they can live relatively normal lives.