Writing Instruments

Post Veeky Forums writing instruments.

w2c shoes?

yeezys moron

Rick Owens

How does one pull up a fountain pen without looking like a fedora?
Being handsome and not owning a skull/flame themed pen helps, but is there a formula to it?

1 - Don't be socially awkward
2 - Don't wear a fedora
3 - Be attractive or at least average looking

>2 - Don't wear a fedora
Shit, failed on that

This is some hipster type shit OP

opinions?
been wanting to get a fountain pen

Don't get one too sign things. Get one if you want to pick up basic calligraphy. Unless you're trying to sign things in a fancy way, you don't need a fancy pen. Cranking out sigs with these is autistic, it takes longer for ink to dry and you'll look like a spaz standing there while the ink dries or it'll be messed up and smear.

My daily mechanical pencil for school

pretty but you can get better value, 14k nib. try lamy2000 or pilot vp.

untrue, many inks are quickdry and it's more fun to write with it. don't get it if you don't appreciate it though

Look friend, you can use your anecdotal evidence to support your autism stick. But your statement of "untrue" is factually incorrect. There is plenty of evidence that fountain pen ink takes longer to dry, especially in humid climates. It also depends on the time of the year as well as temperature, elevation etc. It can take up to 3-5 seconds. That's all big deal for someone who's left handed. That is literally 3-5 seconds I have to wait for EACH letter. Don't tell me I'm "wrong" because of what you have experienced. I have actual scientific data backing up the different factor times in ink. You have "well I use this sometimes." sorry friend, but your post is garbage.

>uses a fountain pen for calligraphy
Bro get dip pens or a brush or anything else for basic calligraphy. A fountain pen is basically your shitty handwriting. The 'fancier' nibs, flex and italics are vastly inferior to the 0.20c a decent dip nib costs.

That's why I said basic calligraphy as OP probably doesn't really need one for signing things and he'll soend more time doodling with the pen than running his plush corner office.

doodling words is not basic calligraphy.

Yes it is. You can't argue definitions with me you idiot, I can fucking google it.
Calligraphy
N.
Decorative handwriting or handwritten lettering.
Stop with your stupid semantic bullshit kid.

My main point was that getting a fountain pen for doodling bullshit is not conducive to picking up calligraphy "Get one if you want to pick up basic calligraphy".

Get a fountain pen because they may provide you a better writing experience.

Yes it is. Doodling bullshit would be basic calligraphy if you produced a letter. There for picking up a fountain pen IS conducive to picking up calligraphy. If at ANY time you wrote a letter that did not follow the basic English alphabet, then it is calligraphy. By literal definition. It may not be the most efficient as you first started to argue here , but your argument fell apart here when you started arguing against logic. Don't be an idiot who argues against logic. Your main point makes no difference if the rational behind it is not logical.

By your logic I could fingerpaint your name in liquid shit and it would still be considered calligraphy. I'm hurr durr training my muscles to write beautifully because you took the most vague and overarching definition of the term. Yes, you are correct. But let's not stop at English, it would also be conducive to picking up Arabic calligraphy by scrawling shit at my desk as well, that language is just squiggles right? and drawing more squiggles randomly will also effectively train myself to be a professional shitposter on 4chanz.

>you are correct
You don't have to tell me friend. I've been saying that for 30 something minutes. You're the one just now catching up with the rest of class. As long as they were Arabic letters and ornamental, then yes. Again, there's a definition you can check your question against every time. Instead of being a smart ass, start with attempting to be smart.

A more stringent definition from wikipedia gives me a "A contemporary calligraphic practice can be defined as, "the art of giving form to signs in an expressive, harmonious, and skillful manner".

Doodling bullshit fails this definition. In fact, it fails many other definitions beyond the most 'basic' one which honestly encompasses everything. By your logic you can formally argue that everything, even a dot can be a calligraphic form for the dot ontop of an 'i'.

Honestly speaking, if you want to take the easy win of lol any 'decorative' squiggle is calligraphy go ahead.

Otherwise, sometimes being stubborn on semantics makes you miss the bigger picture. Nevertheless, your advice to OP is worthless.

I will take my win. You can take the loss I suppose. Such is life. However the OP was asking about fountain pens, and you came back with brushes. If you want me to google the definition of worthless I can do that too, but it would seem mine was at least on topic. Yours, not so much. But hey, at least you're at the ass end of class now and can hopefully stay caught up this time.

i bet u have shit handwriting cunt

salt. who hurt you

ballpoint users

My current.

Correct choice

wow this thread is gay

everyday carry

no hate good choice

pens are always wholesome

I'd stick to disposable types first (Pilot Varsity & the now rare Berol Fontaine) them work up from there.

My first was a Fontaine. I moved onto Rotring after (the Art Pen) & now I use that + anything from the Pilot Namiki Series (pic related looks similar to mine, but I have it in brown).

protip: stay away from lever fillers & pump action. Cartridges are GOAT.

I was looking to see if anyone posted this already, and found a big pile of salty babies...

anyway, yes, Lamy 2000 all the way. A personal favorite is the Waterman Carene. I like inlaid nibs in general, and the Carene has such a unique one...

Personally, i can't even afford a Lamy 2000, btw so i just scoured second-hand places and found a pretty great gold nib sheaffer that i've been using for some years now

don't be a faggot about it, don't have one to be ""classy"" and have nice handwriting

Simple. Be right handed.

no one wins, you're both fucking retarded.

best cheap pen plat 3776 or pilot 912 or something, they're $70 from japan

They don't look good to me, and seem to be stainless steel nibs. I really like the slight flex of a gold nib

Comes in wide variety of finish and colors, 3 different nibs, and presentation case.

Is Spencerian penmanship a meme lads?
My handwriting isn't that bad but it can definitely be improved. Especially how I hold the pen.
Just worried I'll look like a fedoralord if my writing looks like it's from the 1800s.

pic related

? they are 14k.

looks a little forced but with practice it'll become more natural. handwriting and loops seem a little...cramped

For those who don't want to look autistic

I bought mainstream models such as Parker Sonnet and Pilot custom 74 but gave up on fountain pens after all those ink molds. It was actively hindering my performance.

I just use mechanical pencils and SARASA now.

YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
I write spencerian and people admire me like shit! You will be a king! It takes a lot of practice but if you even know what this fucking word means you have to master spencerian! DO IT FAGGOT!

Is writing with a fountain pen required?

>Post Veeky Forums writing instruments.
Pic related.

Fancy pens have been fedora-tier for the last 10+ years.

Only criticism is that it could be a bit more fluid. Is my handwriting effay?

I was learning Chancery Italic for a while, but now that I'm out of school I rarely write anything by hand anymore so I haven't been able to use my nice pens.

It doesn't suit your hands.
Looks very forced on you; I can tell it's not compatible with your natural persona.

Is this turkish?

lel, geographically close, it's greek.

Shitty quality control, Edison or gtfo

Montegrappa is a good company from what I've heard, but wood pens are haram in general

What model is this? I haven't heard great things about modern Parker but I'd like to be convinced otherwise.

i like it, quality

muji jawns

>but I'd like to be convinced otherwise
You won't be. Don't bother with them user. For the price there's better, more reliable shit out there. Holy shit looked at their most recent limited edition duofold ripoff.
I don't know who they think will buy that shit.