Where the fuck did this idea that chokers are for sluts/girls who love anal BDSM come from?

Where the fuck did this idea that chokers are for sluts/girls who love anal BDSM come from?
I thought it was a goth/punk thing. These days choker necklaces come in all varieties and are a new trend. I don't get where guys especially get this idea that girls who wear it are cock gobbling sluts.

Can chokers be Veeky Forums or is it too basic these days as a trend?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/14/rosetta-comet-dr-matt-taylor-apology-sexist-shirt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

From the oversaturation of degeneracy that encourages little girls to be thots and childless cat ladies. Chokers were worn by prostitutes, and this "glamour" lead to them being adopted by braindead edgy art hoes to say fuck you dad, and because they pioneered such a raw form of thottery, it was soon picked up by the mainstream as just another way of turning girls into fish smelling future cat ladies with a thousand dick stare, hence they became associated with outspoken whinging feminists, Kardashian thots and urban outfitters hoes. The parallel with chokers and actual BDSM collars just lends to their semiotics of thottery.

Wear one of these and expect to be patrolled.

most girls who dress in alternative influenced ways tend to lean liberal/ sjw/ tumblr (is tumblr even still considered a thing?), etc. And those leanings are stereotyped as being sex positive, pro-choice, crazy art school types, girls that want to be strippers to show that being a sex worker is empowering, etc. Kind of like how they say girls with hair dyed unnatural colors are crazy feminists too.

>that
>velvet
Honestly this triggers me even worse than you starting yet another choker thread

A lot of punk/goth accessories were from sex shops.

I don't mind the meme since I always loved chokers, meme will pass and die out, but chokers will stay

I wish I could wear a choker but I don't want the assumptions

Dying your hair doesn't mean you're a crazy feminist bitch though. It also doesn't mean you're a slut it just means you dye your hair lol

Why should girls like fearing wearing a simple accessory just because of past connotations.

I see but doesn't mean being goth means you were/are BDSM per se though. Many goths just like they look.
Another choker thread? This is the only one I have ever made. Amazon said it was velvet. I didn't buy it. You're right, it's probably dome type of cheap fabric though.

Chokers originally came from the fetish of BDSM. Today most grills are fucking plebs who aren't aware of this.

Chokers were worn way before prostitution was a "thing"

(You)

>the choker was invented before mankind became anatomically modern

I was scared too, but then I thought that boys who are shallow enough to think that are not worth my attention

Chokers were there way before BDSM was s thing

Do you consider ancient times modern?

>Dying your hair doesn't mean you're a crazy feminist bitch though.
Uh, yeah it does, and increasingly so.

>Why should girls like 13044513 fearing wearing a simple accessory just because of past connotations.
Because clothes send messages and some things simply become part of a uniform. "Why shouldn't anyone wear cop clothes because they like the look lol"

Dress like a harpy, people will expect you to be a harpy; dress like a whore and they'll assume you did it because you're a whore. The actual article of dress doesn't matter, like if wearing a particular kind of polka dot scarf became a sign of whorisness, polka dot scares would be ruined for everybody now. That's just life, and what's more, men are much more limited by this than women; tons of shit that used to be perfectly fine for men to wear now signals "gay", so you just can't use it unless you want people to think you're a flaming homo. Maybe somebody likes some article enough that he wears it anyway, but in that case he can hardly complain when those around him assume he's a giant gaylord; you're retarded if you get buttmad about the completely predictable consequences of a fully optional choice.

So when I died hair black it magically turn me into a feminist when I'm conservative?

"Anatomically modern" is an established biological term, ignoramus.

>Anatomically modern humans (Homo sapiens) evolved from archaic humans in the Middle Paleolithic, at roughly 315,000 years ago. The emergence of anatomically modern humans marks the dawn of the species Homo sapiens, i.e. the species to which all humans alive today belong.

Point being, prostitution is as old as our species minimum, probably older. If chokers predate whores they have to have been invented by our chimplike ancestors.

When people say "dyed hair" in the context of feminazis, they mean neon a.k.a. problem hair. Bright, unnatural hair colors -- which the user you replied to specified explicitly,
>Kind of like how they say girls with hair dyed unnatural colors are crazy feminists too.

On the other hand, if you dye your hair black and start wearing Tim Burton clothes you can hardly blame anyone for thinking you're a gothaboo, can you?

>Another choker thread? This is the only one I have ever made.
Choker threads have been a meme on this board for ages. Black belt in sucking dick, assravaged femanons who think they're "cute" and believe their own opinion and angry online yelling should be enough to change reality, and so on. It's like a bad record left on repeat by a neighbor who went on vacation.

Not my post but from one of choker threads

When they first got popular there were the same things being said, "Girls that wear chokers were sexually promiscuous" Of course no such things were going on and a lot of 10 year old and teenage girls that were wearing them just liked the way they looked. This was also around the time those plastic colorful bracelets became popular and people claimed each color indicated a sexual act the wearer was willing to perform. Once again 10 year old and young teen girls were the main demographic for those accessories.

This is just an old rumor /urban legend and sexism cropping up again because of a fashion fad.

Regardless, I've always like chokers on women there's something subtle, and graceful about that accessory. I've even seen the spiked and diamond encrusted male chokers show up on a few rappers, and though it's initially off putting it doesn't look terrible after the initial shock wears off.

Then I can call nearly every damn thing a whore thing

Yeah, especially that chokers are in goth culture. I actually did quite opposite than starting to wear stuff like that tho, but I absolutely get what you mean

I would comment on how this is only a thing for women and not men. But I already talked about this in another thread. It's so sexist that women have to be what they wear and not men. No one thinks about this however.
but a lot of girls wearing chokers these days don't do that. A lot of women wearing in in the distant past didn't either. You should know the concept of choker style necklaces in jewelry.

I see. It's pretty annoying how everything women do has to be sexualized yet these same people will role their eyes when we point out how sexism is still a problem in society and objectification of women.
I always thought it a goth/punk thing.

Well yes, we can. That's why a lot of aspects of our society and gender is socially constructed.

Same, when I see a choker I think "indie/goth/punk", not "slut"

roll*
ugh I'm getting tired alas

So chokers were invented before humans?

Humans in first forms didn't have prostitution. Just man took a lady he likes and did what he needed

>It's so sexist that women have to be what they wear and not men.
So either you 100% did not read the post you're replying to, or you're stone retarded.

a police officer uniform is the worst example every because it is fucking uniform that is government regulated. What style someone decides to wear is just that. Thats,why I stoped,reading there.
As for men being assumed "gay" for wearing certain things, at least they aren't sexual objectified. Woman can be presumed promiscuous or gay dependibg on their fashion choices. This all just shows that these,preconceived notions are ridiculous and pointless. People should be allowed to wear whatever free of judgement. Its just fucking clothing damnit. Literal materials/fabric on your body.

>they're just assumed to have a particular sexual orientation and proclivity.
>not sexually objectified

nigga if your brain was dynamite you wouldn't blow your ears off

How come when I wear my chaps people keep thinking I'm gay?
Haven't you plebs ever heard of cowboy?

>sluts/girls who love anal BDSM
that is a goth/punk thing
They are sluts

>I don't get where guys especially get this idea that girls who wear it are cock gobbling sluts.
because 5 girls i dated who wore chokers. turned out to be cock gobbling sluts.
nothing wrong with being a slut anyway.

Not her but she is essentially right. Even stuff like police uniforms are sexualised when women wear them. It's one of very few sexist customs left in western culture.

If you wear them right then go for it, nobody will call you a whore for that. Also the difference is that cowboy uniforms were worn only by certain people in certain place in certain time of history, while chokers were around since ancient times, worn by different kinds of women in different locations.

Chokers were before goth/punk

If I date 5 men with short hair and they cheat, does it mean that every guy with short hair is a cheater?

>cowboy uniforms
Jesus, you are mentally deficient

>People should be allowed to wear whatever free of judgement. Its just fucking clothing damnit.
this is 12 yr old logic. I guess you would have no issue with a guy wearing a t-shirt with a naked girl with a sex face on it right?

>does it mean that every guy with short hair is a cheater?
no it means something is off with you. if you keep running into cheaters. try open relationships

Lmao sorry I read "cowboy chaps".

Still, point stands

Then the same I can say to you, it's the same type of situation.

Guys actually wear these t-shirts and I can't remember anyone having issues with it

>Guys actually wear these t-shirts and I can't remember anyone having issues with it
theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/14/rosetta-comet-dr-matt-taylor-apology-sexist-shirt

>Then the same I can say to you, it's the same type of situation.
but i like sluts. i don't see how its the same?
unless u like cheaters also?

They were very widespread, people who herded cattl (a lot of people back then) wore them everywhere, from argentina and brazil to mexico and america

Meanwhile only prostitutes wore chokers

>one article from 2014
wow........ sure proved my point.............

find me an article of women in recent times getting shamed on mainstream lvl for wearing a choker.

I don't like cheaters, but as we say that 5 were sluts hence all girls who wear them sluts, then all guys with short hair are cheaters

find me a site full of anonymous women calling men with these t-shirts whores.

>only prostitutes wore chokers
Absolutely fake.

Also, they were in certain point of time, not throughout whole history

My point with the chaps was that some items of clothing get certain connotations and you don't get to decide what they are.
So you either wear the item and deal with people believing certain things about you or you avoid the item.
It's pointless to talk about how it's unfair that people will think you're a whore if you wear a choker, they just will and it wasn't anyone in this thread's idea to make it so.

like i said i love sluts. and i didn't think you resort to being extremist but let me clarify. if i see a girl wearing a choker i'd assume that shes more open minded during sex. if she turns out not to be no big deal.

>find me a site full of anonymous women calling men with these t-shirts whores.
are you really using Veeky Forums as your source of women hatred? show me real world evidence of people shaming women for wearing chokers.
women can wear anything these days and for every guy who whines about. hundreds or not thousands will defend her actions.

Yeah but it's like saying that wearing t-shirt makes you a whore. It's not true and this kind of incel stereotype should be taken care of. Especially that t-shirts are popular all over the world

>are you really using place full of people saying how they perceive it as a source of how people perceive it?
Yes.

Okay, then I understood you wrongly, sorry.

>Okay, then I understood you wrongly, sorry.
i don't accept your apology. you can't be this black and white say clothes are just clothes. NOBODY will hire you if you showed up to every job interview in pajamas. clothes are a representation of how ppl see you before you open your mouth. Stop being autistic please.

>and this kind of incel stereotype

It's not an incel stereotype, though. This is something normal people will absolutely believe about girls wearing chokers.
I repeat: no one on Veeky Forums decided these connotations.

They look like dog collars

There is a difference between job application and normal life. Because when getting hired you have specific dress code, you can go to work wearing choker later. Also as I said it's a representation but chokers mean as much as necklaces, and represent the same thing, hence they are socially acceptable. All I am doing is calling out guys who choose to be incels

I guess you didn't spend enough time outside, because NORMAL men find chokers neutral, the same as necklaces, that's why they are allowed in schools, in works places and during semi official events

If they do then literally every smaller necklace does.

I wouldn't go to work in a choker.

Look up "black belt in sucking dick." That is a normie meme that is years old, I don't even know how many years.

Look up Leon: The Professional. That is a movie from 1994 where they put a choker on a little girl because there's this weird sexual thing going on that is supposed to make you uncomfortable.

You wouldn't, but some people do and it's nothing seen as inappropriate.

Joke among high schoolers ≠ real thing going on

Also it wasn't just choker, her whole outfit was made like that, together with cigarettes and her fixation on sex. If that was choker alone people wouldn't think twice

Also, another thing to mention is that normal make-up and clothing are sexual too.

Lipstick is to make your lips appear more red and more full. (yes except for non-red shades, I know, don't be autistic please) Rouge is to make your cheeks appear flushed.
These are signals of sexual arousal. It's not just a coincidence that those are a part of make-up.

Same thing with high-heels. They make the butt stick out, aroused women stick their butts out, sub-consciously.

I don't understand how you agree that these are things that exist but you dismiss the conclusion. Are you a girl?

Okay, so now it turns out that literally every thing girls do or wear is now slutty?

Jokes that are never heard from people these times are not the same as full community calling girls sluts for wearing a necklace

No, it's more like the things that make a person attractive are different to what makes a landscape painting attractive.
What we find attractive in a person is tied up with mating. Like, a symmetrical face is objectively better than an asymmetrical face because it communicates to us this is a healthy person and good to breed with.
If a woman wants to sleep with me right this minute I will find her more attractive than if she was that same girl and she didn't want anything to do with me, right?
Well that lipstick and rouge tells the animal part of my brain she wants to sleep with me. I know she is just wearing make-up but the monkey part of my brain doesn't know what make-up is.
We let women wear lipstick and rouge to the office, it's just normal everyday make-up, right? But that also means is what we allow women to do is walk around the office signalling to men's monkey brains that they want to have sex.
Another example of what I mean is skirts vs shorts. You've probably seen one of these uniform protests, right? Some guys say it's unfair they can't wear shorts to work in hot weather so they wear skirts because ladies are permitted to wear skirts.
There are different standards for how men and women are allowed to dress themselves.
>get to the point
Chokers are an example of that. You might be allowed to wear a choker to work and no one might say anything but that is because it's rude to call you a slut in public and you might even get fired if it was a co-worker.

The women will gossip about you, the men will make jokes.
Incels on Veeky Forums did not make up these meme.

200 years ago people probably would have said this about you for showing your ankles in public.
200 years from now a choker probably won't have this connotation anymore.

just do it, everyone wears one, only out of touch virgins associate it with stuff like that

200 years ago chokers were a normal thing. Also no matter what women wear "monkey" part of brain will see women like they want to have sex no matter what they wear or how they act

this.

>I have a gender studies degree and I want to wear a choker.
>but it's not because I want to signal I'm into BDSM.

lolk

I don't have gender studies degree. Also, imagine this concept;
>women wear stuff for themselves, not for incels to get wet to them

The reason you wear isn't relevant to how people will perceive you at a glance. People mentally categorize others in an instant based on appearance and the choker = bdsm daddy issues whore association is merely another trend. Deal with it thot.

>being this salty that people will know you're a whore if you dress like one

>deal with it thot
Heh, the incel came out :) I'm a virgin. But yeah, continue sad basement life seeing everyone you meet (your mum and sister) as whore. I'm glad that people like that don't exist in my life, and I meet men that are only cultured and of enough quality to not think so

t. incel

>gets btfo
>starts calling everyone trying to explain shit to her an incel
This is a little uh... I guess transparent isn't exactly the word I'm looking for.

Feeble? Obvious? Limp as shit like a motherfucker?

>Thousand dick stare

>How can you call incels incels?????!??!??!??!??!?!! You were already BTFOOOOOOO (not really but if I say so I will be cooler)

(You)

I think you just have shit (or excellent) taste in women m8. Has nothing to do with the choker.

Chokers were the best thing to happen to normiekind.

All of a sudden I wanted to fuck most of the girls from IG or outside.

God bless chokers, let it never end.

This has got to be the biggest thread of continual bait I've ever seen.

>I thought that boys who are shallow enough to think that are not worth my attention

I hear this all the time from women about various things, and I'm not saying it's untrue, but it always comes across as a total coping mechanism.

i suppose it comes down to current associations. It doesn't matter if the swastika was associated with eastern religion and philosophies, people are going to think nazi in any context. Clothes are half who you are and half who you want to be. You have an item with a certain connotation and you wish to not be associated with that connotation, the best solution is to just not wear it vs. Try to convince everyone that there's no stigma now. Keep in mind youre also ruining it for all the kinky girls who want to signal that they're kinky without outright saying it, just so you can have your new trendy accessory.

Dude you wear certain musrache style people assume you are emulating hitler and not one of the best screen performer of the 20th century.

Also fuck dylan and klebold for doing to the trench coat to what hitler did to the mustache.

Elle needs them to offset her monster neck though.

>old rumour

do you understand semiotics and cultural symbols at all?

take a really extreme example say like the historical use of coloured handkerchiefs in gay culture specifically in san francisco in the 70s, they were used by gay men to signal their sexual preferences to other gay men.

Now lets apply this to chokers as cultural symbols, obviously you're right ten year olds and young teens are gobbling down cocks and aren't prostitutes but, thats not the point. what you're observing is a form of appropriation being done by young girls to an aesthetic paradigm that has previously held a place as a cultural symbol (chokers on prostitutes) this opens chokers up to be read or perceived more benignly but it creates semiotic confusion. this is due to the innate slipperiness of aesthetics, and while aesthetics do not always contain the users intentions or sincerity, they do retain this from their referant (chokers on prostitues)

"the user of an aesthetic either employs its origin sincerely or ironically but neither tack depletes the aesthetic of it's referent. in fact, the strategic user depends on it's aesthetic retaining its referent for ironization or cognitive dissonance to make it's meaning"

so you see how young girls and just girls in general wearing chokers are doing this
they may not be prostitutes themselves or even sexually promiscuous but, they are using a symbol that would suggest that, for whatever aesthetic means they want. and sure you can point to thousands of different women who wore chokers and weren't sexually promiscuous but, everyone who wore a red handkerchief in their back pocket in san francisco in the 70s wasn't into anal sex either, symbols aren't absolute and aesthetics are tricky

I hear it both from men and women, and it's true, if someone perceives you as a slut for wearing something that doesn't show you off in any way, they are rarely worth talking to

Yeah, but the thing is, that chokers weren't around as a thing for prostitutes, ba, in France at the time they symbolised political stance of women, the same as today stickers or pins would. Therefore, if you think that everyone who wears choker is a slut, you can stay with your opinions as it's your right, but it doesn't change the face that you are wrong (I'm not using you as specifically refering to you)

I actually am goth and I do wear chokers, but I also never wear anything low cut, never wear red lips except on dates with my boyfriend, never wear short skirts (above the knee) without full coverage tights. My boyfriend admitted he didn't know I had tits until they came out about a month or two into our relationship. I prefer comfy and modest, I'm rather non sexual except for my small collection of chokers. I get described as more of a "sexy librarian" but I started wearing tighter t-shirts because my boyfriend asked me to.

>prostitution predates civilization
"no"

I guess you missed the part where I said women not only get accused of being gay with their fashion choices like men do(if they wear less feminine clothes), but they also have the unfortunate problem of being objectified too because of almost every single fashion choice. They get the worst of both worlds.
you're the only one here who is brain dead.

>not slutty
>sex before marriage

those are the girls who wear collars or chokers with metal rings inside to attach leashes though. THOSE are different from the chokers that have been trending now and that were a trend a long time ago before bdsm.
we are not "ruining" anything for these bdsm girls because if they want to participate in bdsm, there are plenty of communities they can visit. Most importantly, all they need to do is say it. Hey shouldn't be ashamed for a sexual preferable they have and neither should men.

>Assuming not showing my body off to strangers means I don't have sex
Okay. Good luck.

are you catholic? If so,
are YOU even a virgin? Have you master bated before?

I'm a man, so it's different.

No, it's not different. You are a manwhore, a slut. Truly pathetic.

that just shows are retarded stereotypes are then. If you want to get to know someone, the best way is to actually get to now them and judge th em by the content of th eir fucking character, not ju st looking at their appearance and immediately judging a book by it's cover.
I'm happy this is happening more because it shows the stupidity of prejudice.

>what is microchimerism

If you want to show off that you are kinky, wear pic related, people who wear stuff like shouldn't be associated with bdsm