Going to this store tomorrow when I go to visit my brother. What should I pick up...

Going to this store tomorrow when I go to visit my brother. What should I pick up? Is there anything they are known for producing well? I've heard it's like a knockoff Uniqlo, but worse.

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on Muji?

Pens

just buy fa things for your flat. I wouldn't cop any clothes

I live in Tokyo and have been to Muji though don’t own anything from them. Much more basic than Memeqlo believe it or not. You won’t find lightweight down jackets or anything, it’s very lineny. tshirts pants, and some sweaters. The wildest it gets is their horizontal stripes meme. Decent option if you need a plain tee.

From a quality standpoint it seems fine to me.

Muji clothing is Uniqlo but with the pretense of being unpretentious. They meticulously underdesign everything. It's where germans go to buy japanese goods.

That said, their housewares are very nice, and the stores always smell great.

I own an organic cotton shirt from them, and it's alright, but not worth the price I paid.

Linen goods are cost effective, cotton clothings are nice. They have wider pants. Jackets are too boring.

>I've heard it's like a knockoff Uniqlo, but worse.
no no its a completely different focus

I'd rec
>pens notebooks obviously
>housewares, I really like their mugs in particular
>drawstring trousers
>stripe sweater
>oil diffuser
>house shoes
>socks
>canvas shoes
>snacks
>dress shirts

>Is there anything they are known for producing well?
Linen shirts

>I've heard it's like a knockoff Uniqlo, but worse
Whoever told you that has no clue what they're talking about

it's superior to IKEA

It’s not at all like uniqlo
Think minimalist Japanese IKEA

Pretty cool store though and always confy

Muji is way better than uniqlo. I rec their button up flannels I bought them in about 5 different colors when i went a few weeks ago. Also their stationery is great if you want aesthetic school supplies.

They have good shirts for the price, but way too boxy.

Housewares are really good
Some good accessories
Linen shirts

Their pants are actually really good if you don't mind 2% spandex.

their oxfords and flannels are excellent

all the furniture is nicely designed

my best socks are all from muji

Don’t buy their oil diffusers or that plum candy

yea they sale the exact same oil diffusers for $25 on amazon. i got one and i like it so far but judging from the reviews im not expecting it to last to long

Yeah their flannels are GOAT compared to Uniqlo, much thicker and nicer material, really soft

get a body fit cushion and stacking shelves

OP here, I really liked the store.

I bought
3 jeans
5 chinos
3 flannels
2 sweatshirts
4 sweaters
4 jackets
10 pairs of socks
4 boxers
A scarf
The large diffuser
2 pairs of slippers
A blanket
2 towel sets
An umbrella
2 luggage units
3 sets of sheets
A beanie
The little circular toothbrush holder
8 different oils for the diffuser
And a picture frame.

I really liked the store, everything is nice quality and cleanly designed, prices are also fair.

Their towel products are very good and very soft i would buy it next time

Idiot why would you buy the diffuser?

Ask for a "medium weight t-shirt with a thickness similar to the long sleeves". I asked the staff if they had anything like that in the Melbourne store and it's the best t-shirt I have ever purchased. I got black one, just for your reference in case the composition changes between them. Would recommend trying it on as I had to size up.

It worked and I figured it was as good of quality as the clothes.

Holy shit this store is my life. I got a big dark blue coat from them, but if you have decently regular shoulders, half the shit won’t fit you. :(

how the fuck did you manage to walk around with all that shit?

nice haul though

oh nvm im guessing u put it in the suitcase

I know a guy who won't shut up about how they make the best notebooks in existence. I myself don't know anything about that since I've never even set foot in one of their stores.

their stationary stuff is okay desu kind of over priced and lacking variety but it's probably super cool to anyone that just discovered the store. it was for me when i first went it. the novelty wears off quickly but i still stand by the quality and simple designs of their clothes