Which major company will go under first?

If you had to predict one big tech company to go under in the next 15 years.

Google
Apple
MS
Facebook
Amazon

Dude, you have to be kidding me: none!

In the next 15 years? None.
In the next 100? Probably Facebook.

facebook

younger generation doesnt use facebook as much, they are all about messaging apps. social media is a meme industry.

I will have to agree with this, even though they have expanded greatly in to other tech industries, real tech industries

Not a company but bitcoin. I've never seen any tech more overhyped before.

Facebook will be done in 5 years.

Twitter is pretty fucking huge, though
can't see that going away any time soon, unless they keep censoring shit and a competitor kicks them out
everyone uses it

samsung

they will not make phones within 15 years

>Make everything from laptops to dishwashers
>Going under because you don't make phones.

Nah.

Facebook will die, but Zuckerburg's fortune will not. He'll just buy up a major interest in any promising competitor and live off of other businesses forever.

AMD might die in that it'll be bought into Apple or Google.

i've been to sk twice. samsung is fucking huge, we only see a fraction of what they do in the west. they own hospitals, universities, high rise apartments.. it goes on.

not saying you're wrong about phones, but they're extremely diversified..

Define going under. MS will shrink a lot, that is for sure. Concerning the stocks maybe Apple, but only for the reason that they are being overrated a lot right now.
Were there huge Tech-Companies that actually shut down in the past not due to scandals like Enron?

HP (Will die like yahoo, probably the first to go)
IBM (sub-segments will get sold-off)
Oracle (slow death)
Ebay (slow death, will lose to amazon)
Uber (Sr. tier investors will get out right before they crash and burn)
Xerox (what do they even do now?)
Groupon

^ This. Samsung (the whole company, not just the electronics division) is the largest conglomerate on the planet.

what about SAP ?

Do any of these meme millennial companies even turn a profit yet? Ik for certain that Amazon doesn't and probably never will (>inb4 "muh drones" maymay).

>Oracle (slow death)

Based on what. Their ERP software permeates at least half of all major companies.

I'm not saying they are a good company but they aren't going to die.

Easy, HTC.

For anyone saying Facebook, know that in hard times they could cut their staff in half and operate with the agility of a startup. There are some real fucking smart people at Facebook and they have real deep pockets.

facebook is very adaptable. they will manage to stay afloat and catch up to the market, even if social media bubble bursts.

Facebook.

Netflix if they don't fix their anti proxy crap.

Frankly none of the above b/c they've got so much cash to burn. that they'll all last much longer but if I was to pick firsties to kick it.

Apple DESU. Their biggest asset is their brand and they're fucking up.

Their line is getting worse and innovation is shit tier now that the messiah is kill.

MS and Amazong are powerhouses that will likely last 50 years, I literally cannot stop giving amazon my money, & same with MS except I fucking hate doing it. Goddamn linux when will you get games.

But Gates is desperate b/c of free win X pulling the same shit he did with 3.1 to get you all hooked on his heroin. This shit gonna last.

Facebook and Google have to actually fuck up to lose in their fields. They are still able to buy addons b/c software business is low rent for output.

But they don't a real business model and run at a loss.

I wouldn't be too certain. They've turned profit the last few years.

SAP has to be the among the most horrible software/s projects ever deployed. I'm sure there are enough of the (usually HR / Purchasing dept) rejects that spent years of their life on it so some places won't ever get rid of it. Really hope they do fail though.

Too many cloud based competitors are coming into their space. (all of which are much cheaper options)

MS is still going to be around for a long time, but their growth rate will be super shitty. Their new chief Pajeet seems to be making stupid decisions already. Linked-in was a really stupid purchase, Slack would have been a much better choice.

You could argue their accounting is trying to fudge free cash flow numbers but they practically invest every single cent that comes in.

I sometimes think they've dug a hole so deep that they just keep on digging, I don't think they'll belly up but I don't know if there's ever a good time to invest, there's so many high expectations priced in.

They're crazy though, I've sold on there and their velocity is insane. They won't fully kill Ebay but they'll definitely gut them of any significant areas to make money. Ebay will be more useful for used auctions despite them attempting every way to push for more new retail items and 3rd party large sellers.

A couple of tidbits of info I can share with Amazon, I do not own shares but if you're a shareholder it can be some useful insight that's not normally provided.

1) They are building more and more fulfillment warehouses. They are getting a ton of 3rd party sellers that are flooding their warehouses. They are imposing fees for the winter holidays for slow moving items because they have to literally set up tents and tarps outside of their warehouses for storage space.

2) They collect every fucking bit of data possible. 3rd party sellers provide them valuable data, they can track the sales reports of third party sellers and target markets with high profit margins.

Amazon has been slowly creating their own brands and they have the connections and scale to cut out the middle man. This can help them lower prices (which they love) while maintaining or even increasing margins. Amazon is an absolute economic monster to deal with, it is very hard to go toe to toe with them on margins. Amazon can make you a lot of money just as fast as they can kill your business and it's hard for ecommerce sellers to branch off since Amazon has an incredible sales velocity. Unless you create your own website to sell your brand you will find that Amazon is the only online outlet that can deliver you sales.

Facebook.

That company will go under within 20 years. You guys just wait.

Zuckerfag hit the market at just the right time, with just the right idea, but he is by no means a genius and has no ideas that are gamechangers for humanity. All he did was take something that was already happening and clean it up some.

>messaging apps
You mean like Whatsapp? It's almost like you don't know what you're talking about

M$ could burn cash for a decade but their OS space is threatened on the long haul by the cloud/SAAS.

The acquisition of Linkedin and aggressive push for win10 free w/ telemetry shows their thirst for data.

On that list, Microsoft has arguably the least amount of data, which is ammunition in the tech space, while algorithms are weapons.

Twitter, they just had a shitty 70m investment
Facebook maybe, im starting to see less and less people online