Facial Care Thread

What products do you use? What's your application routine? Are facial steamers a good investment?

It's winter, so my skin is dry. But so many lotions leave my face looking oily and shiny.

Other urls found in this thread:

karinherzog-jmilan.com/calming-peptide-for-toxic-skin-2-oz-milagro-skin-health
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need a good moisturizer, any recommendations?
Also, I use a gentle cleanser every morning and night, coffee grounds to exfoliate, and literally nothing else. I'm good on the cleaning and exfoliating department, but I'm ignoring my eyes and I'm slowly looking more and more like a raccoon

bump

Coffee grounds? How so

I use Jack Black moisturizer + spf cream during the day, Kiehl's face cream at night.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

HOW DO I GET RID OF BLACKHEADS
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

hyaluronic acid is what you want for a moisturizer, OP

oil based moisturizers don't actually hydrate your skin, they just form a barrier. hyaluronic acid attracts water, instead of repelling it like oils

i've had very good results from the arcona hydrating serum. it's a little pricey, but it's definitely worth it. having used solely that serum and this karinherzog-jmilan.com/calming-peptide-for-toxic-skin-2-oz-milagro-skin-health lotion for the past two years, i only apply both products maybe twice a month now. otherwise i don't do anything to my face, i simply don't need to use any skincare products.

it's all about correcting the cycle and environment (ph, amount of oil etc) of your skin

I wash my face when I shower. You must be ugly/have bad genes, I'm so sorry.

Wrong board you fucking faggots.

it pertains to your appearance
no different to thinspo or hair threads

Looking for a good astringent

i currently use a mix of products from deciem (the oridnary, hylamide), mario badescu, muji, and then random masks once in a while from various places. skincare is annoying honestly, a lot of trail and error. i'm even switching things up soon by trying more mario products.

SUNSCREEN

yes this too

Obligatory

why does my moisturizer leave my face pale and also white lilfake things , well at least my day lotion does.

(ive been using Burt's BeesĀ® Skin Nourishment Day Lotion with SPF 15 btw )

That's likely the sunscreen in the lotion. Lots of sunscreen pill and give white casts. Buy an asian sunscreen instead.

do you have any recommendations?

not him but I think he's thinking of
>Biore Kao UV Aqua Rich
facial sunscreen

i'm confused on if this is a moisturizer with sunscreen, or just sunscreen. if this is just sunscreen would i put it on after or before my moisturizer, and the moisturizer shouldn't already have sunscreen in it in this case right?

Most sunscreens already moisturize.

oh fuck

Get them popped.

I'm a chick but I've gone through some shit to get rid of mild cystic and regular acne. Anyone with more issues should go to a dermatologist.

So that being said I'm 26 going on 27, have smoked since I was 9, and recently was stopped and attempted to be suspended from a local high school because I was biking past with a cig in my mouth.

My bullshit spa vizias came back with a skin age of 13 before I had any facial or professional treatment at 26 and they do love to lie to sell products but it's a 5 star medical spa. I don't drink water and I should. I also live in a place where windchill gets to -40 so sun damage after childhood is not a problem.

So that's why I feel alright to tell you what I do.
For one salycic acid seems to break me out with excess drying in a daily cleanser. I prefer a well formulated 5% benzoyl peroxide wash. Creams are too drying and leave me oily. Follow it with a hyaluronic acid mask. I've spent money on " supremely formulated " products and topically speaking it's about the same to me as a cheap Asian face mask. I love my beauty diary, and many others that run about 1.00 USD a mask in box.
Disclaimer about Asian products: they are often fanfuckingtastic, cheap, and easily shipped. HOWEVER make sure you get from well reviewed vendors that do not sell expired products which can be difficult.

I have yet to find an American mask in the similar price that hasn't been discontinued due to stupid customers. ( freeman's rose and blue agave was almost clinical grade exfoliation )

Next I follow up with a vitamin C serum. This is one place you might want to splurge despite many cheaper options as stability is a real concern.

Next there's retinol which I have a love hate relationship with. I use it once every three days or it turns me into a leper of skin flakes, and I hate the silicone most is diluted in which breaks me out. I haven't found one I loved but it does help my skin texture.

Sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen.
If its summer ill put on a light moisturizer like Paulas choice and in winter cosmetic lad by lush with sunscreen if im leaving. The most important part is making sure it won't cause reactions because its sitting there all day as opposed to other products with faster half life degradation. ( if your skin absorbed topical facial products you would die.) I don't know your face but these have worked for me over more expensive options.

Weekly I like to exfoliate with Via ultramud mask. Mandelic acid is one of my favorite ingredients ever and very gentle like malic and lactic.
That being said the rest of this mask will KICK YOUR ASS. It sucks at first. You'll cry through 30 seconds the first time, but eventually it won't feel like anything with repeated use.
DO NOT Fuck with this mask, 30 seconds at first, second time a minute and a half. So on. Sitting in front of a fan helps. Do not overuse.

So I went to a spa after using that routine for years and got a procedure called "forever young bbl" I've had 4 so far for 240 each and the wrinkle benefits I don't see but it's supposed to be preventative. The acne effect is amazing and my cystic acne ( mild, 2-4 at a time and small in size) has disappeared. Also being snow white pale left me with redness from picking and ripping cysts out of my skin like a child gone.

Warnings about ipl treatment: it is not a simple spa procedure and an untrained or careless technician can ruin your fucking life. Recent sun damage/tanning is a serious concern with this procedure and darker skin tones may require a licensed doctor over a nurse technician.

There is a procedure called halo which gives you faster results but the risks increase and you have 3 days downtime with peeling as opposed to forever young BBL which has redness for about 20 minutes.

Oh yeah and throw out your clarisonic. Shit ripped up my skin for 400 USD and 49 a week.

My skin is so much better shaving with this. The tea tree oil is great.

I'm new to using products, so far I just have basic Simple Moisturiser and Facial Wash, what else would be a must have?

I'm after a good exfoliator as well because my nose is just all blackheads from years of not giving a shit.

Question how do you get rid of black heads? I have them mostly around the nostril and the tip as well. Any recommends? Been using facial care and drink lots of water and avoid touching my face 100% of the time.

Look into a black charcoal facial mask, I use that and it works me.

exfoliate

literally just coconut oil

Stop putting chemicals on your face

Cleansing:

I have sensitive, dry skin so I just use micellar water to clean my face. If I'm in the shower I use a gentle fragrance free cleanser.

Occasionally I'll sparingly use a chemical exfoliant to help with dead skin or clogged pores. I have a lotion with salicylic acid that is meant to be used all over the face, but I use it as a spot treatment after I've finished applying everything else.

I have an acne treatment spray from Paula's Choice. As long as I don't touch my back, my skin is flawless. The second I get a zit and mess with it, I'll get a couple of others that will spring up, and this spray really helps shrink them.

Moisturizer:

I usually moisturize with an oil like argan or squalene, but I had a sample jar of a cream from Drunk Elephant and I liked how quickly it absorbed so I might get something like that for when I'm rushed for time.

I have a tube of Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% by The Ordinary (kind of a basic lotion that has a Vitamin C and a little antioxidant) that I concentrate on discolored areas and thinly apply to anywhere else that still feels dry. I have a more beefed up brightening serum I'm planning to try once this tube is empty.

I then use a retinol serum. Luckily retinol doesn't irritate my skin despite how sensitive it is.

I have a few other things like The Ordinary's Buffet that I use from time to time and may incorporate later, but this is my typical skin care for now.

I have a cheaper retinol cream that I apply to my hands. I should probably spend more time moisturizing the rest of me, but mostly I just slater on some cerave lotion after a shower and then put on a fluffy robe to let it absorb.

Other:

I wear base makeup with at least SPF 30 in it during the day. Since a fair amount of product is required for adequate protection, I use both a primer and foundation with SPF in it. I also make sure they are free of fragrances and drying alcohols, but include at least a few beneficial ingredients such as antioxidants.

Honestly how the fuck do I reduce the dark circles under my eyes? Currently in the process of getting more sleep but I'm wondering if there's a product that will help.

Got a script for some differin a week ago. I've been cleansing in the shower in the morning then putting on moisturizer for the day, then cleansing and putting on differin at night. Is this retarded? I'm not sure if I'm meant to be cleansing at night too and if so whether it would be before or after the differin.

real talk? skin peel, two weeks to a month of use depending on severity used every other or every three days depending on skin sensitivity

If you have normal to dry skin i'd recomend you the body shop gentle facial wash + day moisturizer(pic related) , they really light weight and do a great job on my skin, my skin feel so moist after using those two things