Cloaks

Why aren't cloaks more mainstream and why would you get judged for wearing one they are much better than jackets?
>Made of thick wool
>Long so your legs dont get wet in rain
>Keeps hands warm
>Doubles as blanket
>No wet bum when sitting down
I don't understand why they arent used more

I can think of two reasons: first coats surpass them in terms of functionality and second they look like you might be hiding something below them, which would make some nervous. I'd love to see the mass return of capes, they look sick

they look campy

How in terms of funtionality? you can wear your cloak in the summer and use it as a fan to keep yourself cool, and have full access to your hands without them being heldback by the tough fabric of a jacket

do we need to have this thread every five minutes

they wouldn't look campy if they weren't associated with middle ages, and honestly they don't look that campy, the rest of that fit is just ultra camp

last nigga who tried started a world war because of it

capes are pretty cool doe, closest you can get nowdays is a long and baggy coat

Not a full cloak, No hood. Just a simple cape right there

Thats exactly it, everybody associates them with the middle ages, so they dont appreciate how truly versatile the cloak is. I think it could improve every fit.

it's disgusting how effay nazis were

Totaly superfluous with modern jackets. Think football managers coat, long enough to sit on. At all times arms are covered granting superior warmth and versitility. Not fessible, go back to r9k

Modern jackets are totally superfluous with cloaks.

Someone post the fjrallraven

This right here though is the inverness cloak. When god gave the brits a monarchy he also gave them this so they could be the flyest motherfuckers in all the land.

but it falls for the main problem of being too tight when zipped up and therefore uncomfortable when sitting and moving, where as the cloak flows with you as you move and sit

now that is some fresh hybrid shit, I would wear that any day when im out hunting foxes

Cloaks seem pretty simple to make no?

extremely simple, and can customise the pin that keeps them shut with lots of designs and personalisation. they really were, and still are, the pinacle of clothes design

gotta add some pockets, very pocketable piece of clothing.

id like to see futuristic techwear cloaks,capes,ponchos come mainstream wear

Look at this bitch here. Doesnt she just look ready to be your wife?

>long parka
>poncho esque rain resistant pull overs
>long rain jackets
Power gap
Cloaks
Idk why tho op

yeah thats what i want

You say you want that. But this is end game right here

>cloak doesnt go down past thighs
no thanks my guy

No she doesn't look lesbian

hands aren't easily accessable would not wear

all of the jackets still have the crucial flaw of being tight on your chest and shoulder and being generally uncomfortable while limiting reach, where as a cloak has none of these flaws, but people make fun of you for trying to bring cloaks back to fashion

Maybe it was one of those. "All the rich people are wearing coats, i should wear coats to make me appear fancy" type things.

Though a cloak might have some downsides.
Like if its windy it might blow about and not work well. Could be solced with clasps and buttons.
But then if its a full body cloak it might be too long so you trip on it, get it caught in something. Or its to short and doesnt give adequate coverage.

Then the arms you need to have unrestricted range of motion. If you want your cloak keeping your arms dry and warm then you dont have that. So you have sleeves.

After you add sleeves and a clasp. I supposed it saved on material maybe.

cities, there is just no need for it with the state of modern infrastructure, but if you live in a shithole in like far east russia you are basically in medieval times so i guess you could move there and wear one

Coat IS full access to the hands, why would you need a cloak in the summer (any effect of the "wind" that would be generated by its movement is completely negated by the heat of the added fabric). Another great plus of the coat is that it doesn't have to be fastened in the front to work. Capes could work as an added layer for warmth during the colder months while looking nice

inside pockets on the coat to put your hands in and keep it shut while youre walking
otherwise you could overlap it so it wont blow open like a morden fitted jacket would. you can also still keep your arms warm and dry while only exposing your hands (pictured) for unrestricted movement

well for the summer showers and some summer rain to keep yourself dry but also cool with the fanning technique when its not raining, you could also create an updraft while walking for further cooling

but maybe the clash of modern and medieval is all we need to make society better

>All these people trying to justify cloaks
They have no fucking advantages. Everything you all said is bullshit. At least admit you just want a cloak because you like the look of it. That's a perfectly valid reason, so don't make shit up about fanning air in the summer.

They look too similar in dimension to trench coats for normies to find attractive, plus they tend to make you look like a larper more often than not.

>all cultures pretty much ever used it for thousands of years despite having jackets available
>somehow not practical

>Why aren't cloaks more mainstream
The last 2-3 issues of Town & Country UK has featured full-length designer cloaks for women, it seems to be coming back into high fashion in full swing and will eventually trickle down to the lower classes in some form or another.

I suggest hanging out with classier people.

>not wanting a high femme gf
please tell me you jest

I have a LARP tier Korean water-resistant cotton coat with huge Jedi-hood and hoodie strings.(No it's not from Yesstyle, it's from Samsung)

After some wear I discovered wearing it as a cloak is quite annoying with all the winds blowing. Hood strings choking my neck when the wind blowing is dumb. It was much easier to put on that garment if I put arms properly as a coat.

Don't wear coats that are too tight.

Solidus?

Cargo shorts, trench coats, and cowboy hats are all practical for utilitarian reasons but they're just unfashionable. Especially with who they're associated with right now

I knew a kid who wore a cloak to school every once in a while, he was like this guy
They aren't fashionable right now because no one with a big name or any influence is wearing them - if a rapper or celebrity they'd probably come back

I mean five minutes is a bit too much hyperbole but yeah it’s about once every two weeks to a month.

I think i might have found my fit for 2018

I think the main reason cloaks arent in style becuase macy's doesnt sell any.
I've looked. The best you can do it getting a shitty as poncho thats the equivalent of a friggin trashbag.
You either have to spend fliff at a boutique or high end like nordstroms for a basic cloak.
Or you have to order online from a legit tailor and hope the dimensoins are right, or order from a larp store/ scottish bag piper.

I have a Raf 98 cloak but I'm an ausfag. Pretty much can only utilise it if I'm in Europe or Japan so it wouldn't look like over dressing.

Begone lindy.

lool was just watching some of his stuff a week ago.

Agreed

I don't want a gf at all is what I'm saying

I could potentially see cloaks coming back if goth ever came back in full swing, maybe not to the degree of OP's image tho

>Suppose it saved on material maybe

I just wanted to chime in that this is actually correct. Cloaks devolved into coats mainly because cloaks at the time were massive, elaborate pieces that involved incredible embroidery and embellishments and were massive pieces of fabric. They were impractical as they were unwashable due to their delicacy, as well as becoming obnoxiously heavy and restricted movement. Forgive me for forgetting my timelines, but cloaks began to devolve mainly due to a falling economy as well as the onset of a coming war, where all funds and materials were sent to aide such war. Thus, the cloak (and other similar, large material pieces) began to disappear.

Almost choke with my cereal

Hunters wear them here, or at least something similar

Whats the english translation of wetterfleck loden?
Or what company makes these?
Reverse image search shows amazon.de and euros.
I need this in northwest burgerland

You probably have to order them straight form europe. I doubt anyone imports those real loden cloaks to the us

Don't save on these, real loden won't come cheap.

Whats the name of those hats all those jagers are wearing?

Does hubertis make good loden fur spaziergangen im kaltes regen?

Copped pic related for a New Years party and it was a hit. I'm way ready for cloaks/capes/ponchos to get big.

phresh my dude, looks fly

>/snufkincore/

Why bist you sprichen half deutch?

>nofap suit

Code switching ist echt geil.

Just tell your granny to make you a tightly knit loose (((poncho))) and wear it.

I don't know why you'd like to switch from passable english to atrocious german.

Well I'm not him so I wouldn't know.
Though I've seen some weehraboo autists behave like this, so that might be it.

>cereal
are you 9?

cereal master-race

Can...can we make this a thing?

Apparently it already is.

Yes, they are all soy based.

Im just real excited about finding those wetterfleck lodens that my inner german bauhaus was brutalizing my superego.
I took a bunch of years of german and the only thing that stuck was some of the vocabulary.
I make attempts from what grammatik i have retained. Adjectival endings and tenses and cases are hard. I heard as long as i make an attempt i wont be considered such a worthless piece of american trash. But now since most of europe knows english anyways i dont know how true that is.
Since this isnt really about cloaks i have posted another image of one.

Capes are pretty common, just a less cosplay version. Mostly on women though.

are ponchos effay?

Needs a flower wreath. That's bit milspo-snufkincore tho