Revolutionary War

>Revolutionary War
The british were the good guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree.

Same guy who said I'd agree with the British ruling over us Americans, but they shouldn't have taken guns away.

I agree with everything else they did with the Americans though. Not ashamed to say that.

They have always been and always will be.

>taxation without representation

Good guys don't lose

This meme needs to die

>these many empire shills

>the same people who can't understand why the colonists didn't want to be governed from across the Atlantic during the age of sail are often the ones trying to wrest free of a government in Brussels during the age of fiber optic

i bet the poster doesn't even realise how ironic that pic is

>he's rich and rich people are bad so that means he's trying to buy america

Tories, everyone

>Good guys don't lose
>USA lost the Vietnam war
>Germany lost WW1
I could go on

Objectively true.

England was dragging the colony into European wars and was keeping Americans from settling new land. It was a cut and dry conflict of interests that wasn't helped by the English taxing the people with the greatest ability to rile up the masses.

>England thinks it isn't hated universally

DELET THIS

Funny thing Britain gotten more revenue from America than when they were a colony.

they don't have England on the list

just Australia, New Zealand, and Canada

I'm not English, I love the UK

The problem wasn't taxation, it was taxation without representation. In America, or another democratic country today, if you really hate paying taxes, you can certainly vote for a candidate whose platform involves reduced or eliminated taxes. But when you don't have political representation, that's not an option.

If you feel a need to overthrow the government, why would the 2nd amendment make any difference? Fighting against the government means you'll be thrown in jail or worse if you get caught, so what difference does it make if guns are illegal? The sentence for illegal gun ownership will be the LEAST of your problems.

He calls himself anti-establishment, but he's a member of the closest thing America has to an aristocracy. He's only "anti-establishment" in the sense that the rest of our "aristocracy" doesn't want him in charge.

Neither of those were the good guys though.

>being pampered British bitches
>not rebelling and ruling the world

How pleb can you get?

>Australian
>good accent

Germany and the Ottoman Empire are the only two countries to have mass murdered civilians during WW1
They certainly weren't "the good guys"

Ok Scotcuck

>Muh no taxation without representation
>Dogging your mates

Americans are Jewish backstabbing traitors who turned on their ally.

>Not multiparty
>Universal healthcare = quality healthcare
>not very high hdi
>livability isn't a spook
>annual
>attractive
>50%
>whiteness isn't a spook
>proper grammar
>insurgency
Aside from that it's accurate.

>Start reading books about the British perspective about the war
>expecting a history about how Americans are ungrateful assholes that can't pay denbts
>Get a bunch of stories about how the revolving door prime ministers and how the entire politics before and during the war was in complete clusterfuck (that and bleeding heart liberals that supported the rebels)

seriously the Revolutionary war for Britain was like the Vietnam war for America.

Canadian actually

Even worse, leaf

What did he mean by this?

>The problem wasn't taxation, it was taxation without representation

not even about that
it was about HOW they would pay off the debt

you had the guys that were competent on how colonial economics worked and then you had the guys in London that weren't. That and the colonists wanted Indian land.

>th-the empire was friends, guys, even if they looked down on you and didn't respect your autonomy!

Oyy wanae fuck mee cunnee?

It's the principle of it, and the government can't hypothetically arrest half the country if there is an armed revolt (not that an armed revolt will happen anytime soon).

Like we all dont know U-S-A is better in all ways compared to those shit holes

>He can literally be called an unfit parent, lose custody and almost be brought up on charges for refusing to buy his wifes son a happy meal
>Better

hahaha

>T-they spawned our country and defend us but they wanted taxes and like, Nah. Let's brutalize our allies because muh shekels!

Amerijews

>I bleed green with my oppressed Irish brothers! Fuck Britain, remember the revolution!

Why are Canadians such Britaboos, you're suppose to side with us.

>they spawned our country

No, we left so we could form our own government in North America. We were here to stay so later they came over and tried to stretch out the crown over our heads, and they got lead for it.

Didnt Washington's actions drag Britain into an american war with the French? The cost of said war then leading to taxation of the colonies?

>No

Yes, the 13 colonies.

>we left

*Betrayed

>and they got lead for it

F-france help! Our allies are oppressing us. They are fighting a war over seas and need a negligible amount of taxes to help. Let's betray them!

What is your point?

Fucking irishmen

You retard, left didn't mean the independence, it meant leaving the shithole that is Britain behind in general and sailing over the sea. They didn't do that, they just decided to make arbitrary divisions in the colonies that we built. Then they decided that after almost two centuries of autonomy they were going to run lobsterbacks all over the place and try to regulate our trade. What do you expect is gonna happen?

>Britain colonizes a landmass and has some of it's ambitious citizens settle there on land the crown owns but god forbid they pay the crown some taxes
>We HAD to resort to terrorism!

lmao

>exploded Toronto back in the day
>steals our oil
>fucking NAFTA

Yeah nah.

>Britain colonizes a landmass
I guess drawing lines on a map to claim areas where your (former) citizens decided to settle and build a new society requires more hard work and deserves more respect than actually going and doing the hard work. Colonists came first anyway, it's not like Britain landed flags in places and had the authority to give their people "permission" to go live there.

Its not a meme. Its the law

> in 1754, a 22-year-old lieutenant colonel of the Virginia militia named George Washington successfully defeats a party of French and Indian scouts in southwest Pennsylvania as Virginia attempts to lay claim to the territory for its own settlers. The action snowballed into a world war

>Britain then proceeds to turn a colonial border dispute into a full-fledged conquest of Canada

>'s not like Britain landed flags in places and had the authority to give their people "permission" to go live there.

You're right, Illegal immigrants from Mexico shouldn't need permission either. They should throw a revolution.

>Neither of those guys were good
Are you serious right now (commie detected) I literally can't tell if your shitposting or just retarded.

A conquest in which it took them a fucking decade to beat a tiny force they outnumbered 4 to 1
As a result, they had to raise taxes, which eventually lead to the revolt

Tl;dr: Washington started the war that forced Britain to raise taxes and then lead the revolt against these taxes

Difference is Brits didn't own North America when people moved there. It wasn't part of their country so what gives them the right to say who can and can't live there?

Yes, and?

Washington wasn't the US of A. He was a officer in the English army serving English interests, fighting in a war founded on an animosity between France and England.

Nigger when you're country need to pay it's debt it needs to raise taxes the only taxes that the English actually enforce was the tax on tea and of course the but hurt rich people that mostly paid for tea got mad just because the tea was "too expensive". Your were also given representation since you were consider british citizens every tax and law a british person obeyed in England was also applied in the Colonies.

That's how colonization works dummbie. Those Mexicans could make the same argument for California and texas because they owned it prior to you. Subtle difference being Mexicans weren't your allies. The Brits were. You backstabbed them.

>Fails to mention that there was already a war going on in Europe, the 7-Years War
>Fails to mention that this was just an extension of that war
>Fails to mention the French were planning to build a fort in disputed territory
>Fails to mention Washington was ordered by the Virginia government to prevent the French from building that fort

Yes they where, but who cares it's over now. The Brits got back at them in 1812 anyway. I don't know why the French involvement in the war was so down-played however. It's not like they played an insignificant role but they just don't come up often when talking about it.

>Those Mexicans could make the same argument for California and texas because they owned it prior to you

And then we took it. Now we own it. They want it they can come and take it.

>It's Washington's fault for being ordered to start a fight with the French who were encroaching on their frontier

You're a retard

The American Revolution was just one theater in a global war between Britain and France. Whether the revolutionaries were "right" doesn't even matter - it wasn't about them. It did work out better for America than 90% of revolutions, though, and ultimately that's what's important.

>if you really hate paying taxes, you can certainly vote for a candidate whose platform involves reduced or eliminated taxes

Cuz Bush Sr did that, huh?

Any platform promising to lower taxes will inevitably go back on their promise because governments cant do shit without income.

The 7 years war started in 1754 between France and Britian caused by a military action in north america,caused by an officer in the virginia militia

Prove me wrong with facts not platitudes

Tea paper rum and sugar. Get your facts straight.
The taxes appling to everyone is fine. We just wanted rep is parliament like everyone else.

we side with you guys on a lot of things but when it comes to Britain and the Revolutionary War you're on your own

You had since you were recognized as british citizens Parliament didn't think you need a special representation since you were already recognized as citizens and not colonist. So basic representation applied to the colonies but you didn't in the sense that none of the seats in Parliament were controlled by an person that lived in the colonies. Is that really a big issue you were also gonna get lands further west that royal line bullshit was gonna end the moment the british no longer needed the Indians or the population died out. The colonies were also one of the colonies with the highest standards of living. Are really some small taxes just to pay for war debt that the colonist almost started that war a big deal.

No we didnt. He the no taxation without rperesentation. Yes that clearly was a big issue for us. Without a vote yes it is a big deal. We did not trust that you would have out best intrests at heart. With the history of mercantilism and all.
What dont you understand?

Bump

>implying the government's military technology hasn't advanced at a much quicker rate than civilian weaponry.

TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH
U
S
A

U
S
A

BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, BOYS!

I am very patriotic, if you haven't noticed already.

Here is why I don't want to be ruled by Britain.
>Without American Revolution, monarchy across the world probably would've continued.
>Taxation without representation
>They have a unitary state, I like state rights
>They are a part of the EU
>We have Donald J. Trump

Need I say more?

God bless brother

The colonials complain that they pay too much tax.
Govenor agrees and cuts all BRITISH taxes but the tea tax.
The tea tax pays for the Royal Navy protection of the tea convoys. Colonials are drinking as much tea as the Brits.
Colonials still argue that they should not pay British taxes because American taxes are high because of graft and corruption.
Indians start attacking colonials and the colonials want British army protection.
Not much of a force is sent as the Brits where engaged in a war in Europe.
A small group of colonials Start a fight with the Brits and than lie about the cause to get popular following.
Colonial war starts.

Twenty years later, former colonials are complaining that their ships are being taken by pirates snd corseairs.
New American giberment imposes taxes to pay for a navy.
The taxes are twice what they paid under the British.

Liberty and nationalism is a spook user. Dying for such a causes isnt something a self respecting egoist would do.

More like blisteringly incompetent. How the hell do you manage to A) piss off your own fatherland-worshiping colonies and B) fail to address their grievances so hard they go to war, which you C) somehow lose?

>think the war was over taxes....
>>ignores the occupation of Boston...
>>>ignores the suspension of natural rights....

Do you fucks even know American history?

If you think about it, Washington was kind of the definition of "the right man at the right time" when it came to making the U.S.A a thing.

Like that's some divine intervention-level shit.

>Muh Boston Massacre
>Literally 5 people got shot
>Massacre

Yet there wasn't a counter revolution. Gee it's almost like the American Colonists had more grievances than just taxes... if only someone would have thought to write them down.

archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html

Also the north african corsairs forever left american shipping alone after we beat their asses. You lobsterbacks kept impressing our sailors.

So we fought the war of 1812.

The Colonists demands were more than reasonable. They wanted to be treated like the British Citizens, they thought they were. They wanted to vote to elect members to Parliament. They wanted to vote for their own local government.

The Crown and British Government on the other hand saw colonials as foreign nationals. Something only good for making proper British gentlemen back in England, wealthy.

>implying the entirety of the U.S. military would side with the government if things actually got to that kind of breaking point.

Good day colonials.

My name is George, and I have nothing but distain for you commoners. You are naught but feeble-minded jacobins, mere guttersnipes, and the spawn of thieves and rabble, swept from the gutters of our darkest streets and alleyways.

In truth, have any of you been chosen by the Creator to be invested with the divine right to rule over a quarter of the earth's surface in glorious majesty? I thought not. Your pettifogging obsession with rules and straight-jacketing religion amuses me greatly, as I spend my time supporting agrarian research and funding Mr. Herschel's investigations into the heavens.

We are well rid of you indeed; your yammering and ignorant unwashed were a sad distraction, duped as they are by the perfidious influence of the French tyrant into believing that anything a grubby mechanic or filthy hayseed may have to say has any relevance to the running of a modern state.

I give you not more than five or six decades before you are at one another's throats, like the bloody-minded zealots you are. In the meantime, enjoy your preacher-ridden "republic," wherein your grubby naughty engravings must be hidden in the corn crib lest you be pilloried in the square, like common cutpurses and rogues.

Faugh, I can write no more, the bile rises in my gorge.

>Calling terrorists reasonable

ah yes, very American of you.

Not that user but the whole issue is moot because the colonies were only involved because France was competing with England. If the colonies weren't part of Britania then France wouldn't have bothered fighting them. Their beef was with England.

>Any movement I don't like is a terrorist movement

Those damn Polish terrorist against their Benevolent Nazi occupiers...

There's literally a list of grievances written out in the Declaration of Independence that includes using Hessians (German mercenaries notorious for looting) to occupy Colonial towns during peacetime and numerous instances of Colonial officers abusing their power. Parliament itself was split on the Issue because the colonials made reasonable demands that the Liberals sympathized with but that the Tories saw as belligerence.

>Terrorists aren't Terrorists if I like them

The Brits were actually benevolent to you ungrateful lardass kikes though.

You literally asked Britain to fight a war with France that you started, and they agreed. That is your representation for the taxes levied afterwards to pay for said war.

>The Brits were actually benevolent
>This is what Shariastani's are actually brainwashed to believe

I don't know or care about the rest, but I do know that the Rainwater one is false

And only one of those countries is relevant on the world stage. Stay jealous cucked shitholes, we own you

>The colonial government
>Having anything to do with the colonial army
That was 100% your jurisdiction m8, you wanted the war for years and you got it.

I'm not a Brit. Just an unbiased objective poster.

>Wanting to be relevant

hahahah

Something something refugees

This.