Are ray bans overrated?

Are ray bans overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BAUSCH-LOMB-RAY-BAN-BLUE-PEARL-STREET-NEAT-G15-WAYFARER-SUNGLASSES-/362206876990?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&_mwBanner=1
static.fashionbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/raybanrare2.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

no

fuck what do i believe

If raybans are an overrated brand, then recommend me some effay approved brand for sunglasses?

They're only overrated if you're ugly and don't look good. You need to be Hollywood to pull them off

Clubmasters are good.

i already did this multiple times today, go check out the glasses threads in catalog view

Since Luxottica bought them, yes.

Nu-Ray Ban, yes.

Vintage Ray Ban are truly GOAT.

Not on Ray bans specific but I need to get some sunglasses but I don't know jack shit about sunglasses. What are /effay/ approved?

what are the differences in terms of quality

big

elaborate please

i mean lookswise you can cop a classic look for cheap, but the lenses are shit now, they will not block any suncancerrays for you

yea I got the wayfayers cause I’ve a square head

as long as they look good on you, go ahead and rock them man. but be sure to get proper sunrayblocking lenses

yea bro luckily i am okay looking but i do not think they are properly polarized, is that a huge issue?

lol yeah man...the entire purpose of sunglasses is to protect your eyes from rays. get some proper sunglasses while you can bro, your eyes are a precious commodity. on a similar note, use sunblock EVERY DAY. your skin will thank you

thank you for the advice, what sun block would you recommend?

no problem, to be fair im no expert so i hope someone swoops in here to teach you and me more about skin care but i use pic related these days. even on cloudy days/winter days ive been using sunscreen for a year now and the change in my skin has been insane

how has your skin improved? that sounds great

i wish i could show you, but i have a lot of acne scars im saving money to get worked on so it still looks pretty shit, but its been a huge issue for me for years. after using sunscreen daily though its gotten so that i dont obsess over it anymore and feel more confidant. i still have the scars as those arent curable from just applying suncreen, but my skin looks livelier overall

hope the work comes through as you wish

Bausch and Lomb rayban acetate frames had functional rivets and much sturdier hinges. Not to mention that the difference in the weight and quality of the acetate itself is immediately noticeable. Plus they had much better patterning in the frames, significantly so when compared irl. m.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BAUSCH-LOMB-RAY-BAN-BLUE-PEARL-STREET-NEAT-G15-WAYFARER-SUNGLASSES-/362206876990?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&_mwBanner=1 they aren't making glasses even close to that quality or style anymore

that being said, some of my favorite pairs of glasses were made by rayban in 2013 static.fashionbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/raybanrare2.jpg they look so good irl

that is actually the dumbest response you could have come up with to back up your point, which is valid, but for a completely different reason. i didn't read this before i posted

if a lens is polarized, it will absorb almost 100% of uv rays. rayban still sells polarized lenses, and they still sell tinted lenses, like they always have

fucking lmao, don't just post out of your ass

they're relatively cheap and very iconic

they might be overpriced but every non generic sunglasses is overpriced anyway

no

ITT: People argue over the best sunglasses not realizing that they are all owned by Luxottica, which is in turn owned by a skeleton parent company with literally no info out on the owners, office locations, or history. Keep buying the glasses Jew goys.

wow, what an incredibly pedestrian understanding of this thread and the eyewear industry in general.

did you miss the part where we were discussing rayban before luxottica? must have

take a look at the list of the brands they own, it's certainly not every sunglass maker anyway. further, the more established brands that luxottica has acquired, oliver peoples, rayban, oakley, have their own substantial levels of say in how production is completed

meaning the once companies themselves are choosing to make much more of s profit

>when you sit on your B&Ls and break them.