Do you like cashmere, Veeky Forums?

Do you like cashmere, Veeky Forums?

I know it's not a controversial question (who has a problem with cashmere?) but what I mean is, do you actually wear it?

>WOOL.

DISGUSTING.

Fucking seriously?

Its nice but I dont really wear it. If I was into normcore with turtlenecks and sweaters I'd wear it for sure tho..

>turtlenecks
>cashmere

Turtlenecks shouldn't be cashmere.

Why?

Cashmere is a more fragile material (Not saying it can't hold up after even decades of proper use, but still fragile compared to many materials)

Shoving your watermelon skull through a tight collar would stretch it out too fast to be desirable.

Unless somebody wants to prove me wrong

Pain in the arse to wash etc. Ends up looking shit and changing the fit.

As a guy i love wearing cashmere sweaters, girls like it when i wear them too so i guess it works for me

Soft and warm as fuck, I love it for winter accessories (beanies, scarves) and for sweaters

Washing cashmere actually makes the fibers stronger and softer. You are either buying shitty pieces or being too rough when you wash them

Polyesterfag detected

fuckin love cashmere. Have a couple blended sweaters and just got my first cashmere scarf.

Oh god you again, I thought you disappeared in 2015

I have a Loro piana baby cashmere sweater and it’s msrp is 1400 and it’s pilled to shit one year later, cashmere is not durable no matter how “good” it is

Isn't Loro Piana's main emphasis on using the thinnest whisps of wool humanly possible, at least in their suiting fabrics?

(I'm a tweed man, so I find high super number fetishism to be offensive.)

Basically I am asking if your sweater was deliberately made as fine and soft as possible and if this may have affected its durability, in the same way that fine and soft cotton is less durable than thicker weaves.

I guess but for the price you shouldn’t expect anything but the best

Perhaps they expect people who buy at that price to know exactly what they're doing when caring for and cleaning such a garment.

From what I understand in this thread, cashmere is a nice material initially but isn't reliable for long-term wear. Would it still be worthwhile to try cashmere accesories such as scarves or gloves? Is cashmere worth investing in or just copping a cheap blend from Uniqlo?

Anyone gave cashmere inspo?

>Cashmere is a more fragile material
More fragile than what exactly? It's not more fragile than other woolens.

>I have a Loro piana baby cashmere sweater and it’s msrp is 1400 and it’s pilled to shit one year later
That's because you didn't wash it (or you wore it everyday and possibly to bed). Fancy that, washing your woolens prevents pilling and extends its life.

Admittedly, modern cashmere is both softer and less durable than older examples due to consumers becoming obsessed with the idea of "soft, comfortable" wool. The good shit got worse to go along with all the cheap shit.

It's still a great product that's only fragile if you buy cheap or don't take care of it.

Wool for soyboys.

I cant wear itchy shit so I wear cashmere a lot. Always is softer and looks nicer and richer than most other knits. Sucks to dry clean though. A cashmere scarf is an absolute winter essential for me...and not a dinky little one...a big and fluffy soft like a babys bottom one.
I also own several gloves but I don't recommend light colors for obvious reason.
My biggest issue is I'm a smoker and cashmere attracts the smell more than just about anything. So basically I smell like shit haha.

>polyester acrylic nylon rayon fags coping this hard

Get some taste plebs

>Sucks to dry clean though.
You can wash it. Hell, if you have a decent washing machine, you can throw most cashmere sweaters in a washing bag and put them through a cold, gentle cycle.

Hand wash, no point in dry cleaning sweaters. Try merino too it's finer than normal sheep's wool and doesn't itch at all.

rekt

Ive tried both and regretted it each time....I def have to say dry cleaning keeps the garment in better shape..and keeps it soft af which is why I wanted it in the first place...its never quite the same after washing cashmere at home....thats my story and im sticking to it.

rick wannabe

I'm actually wearing a cashmere sweater right now