BREXIT & EURO

I live in Latvia.

I hold most of my savings in Euros.

Since Brexit is quite possible, how could it affect Euros and my savings and what would be the smartest move for me right now?

Convert some of EUR to USD?

>btc

Already did. BTC, ETH and DAO.

But I still have plenty of EUR left and I don't want to put it all in funny internet money. Need some conservative savings as well.

Got the same problem. I am going on holiday to Latvia, what is the best way to exchange my £ to Euros?????

>Need some conservative savings as well.
physical silver

You have to smuggle it over the borders if things go worse.

Im going to change all extra euros to USD and buy some low risk stocks(tomorrow actually), BTC has too high volatility for savings. And well, changing back to euros is costly when my goverment takes 30% off the wins.

Silver if you plan to dig in. Gold If you wanna jewscape.

I don't believe in precious metals. WB said it is autistic to hold them. They don't produce anything.

Precious metals are not suppose to produce, they are suppose to have the same role as money. Money does not produce anything if you are not willing to risk it. You only get small % of interest on your bank deposit, because you are risking bank defoult.
I bet you get such small interest on EUR/USD deposit that is eaten out by inflation.

In your original post you asked if you should get some USD. USD are in the same boat as gold. They are not producing anything. If you would ask what stock to invest I wouldn't even brough presious metals up.

The difference is, I can use USD to buy some stuff online or something.

I can't do that with gold. I have to exchange gold to another currency first and only then I can use it.

bump for opinions

There will be no brexit, most britfags are against it

You can buy same shit in latvia with gold or USD ...that is nothing.
And you clearly have not googled bitgold.
Okay I will stop pushing gold down your throat. Clearly you dont like it.
Enjoy your FIAT.

t. uninformed burger.

>You can buy same shit in latvia with gold or USD ...that is nothing.

But I'm not buying stuff in Latvia. I use currency to buy stuff from all over the world online and such. So it doesn't matter much if I hold EUR or USD. I still diversify.

Euro will probably plummet without the possibility of the BoE bailing it out.
Greece will, without the possibility of more bailouts, go bankrupt, drop the Euro, and devalue sharply.

Spend it while you got it.

So would it be smart to just exchange part of my EUR to USD?

What makes you think EUR will not drag USD down with the ship? Why not yuan,rubble, swedish krona ?

This picture tells it to you. All the big ones are just hoarding USD atm --> USD is going to be last one that falls.

finn here, savings in US stocks

i hope this shit union burns to the ground and takes euro with it

So funny. My American Friends are waiting for US to collapse and they are holding Stocks in Scandinavia.

Yeah OP, i'm sort of in the same boat (also from LV btw).
It's bad enough that i've missed euro fall in 2014 when it was 1.4 USD : 1 EUR and now this the Brexit is looming.
Not that i have alot of money, but i'd rather not see it shrinking once again.
I have a couple of thousand USD though, but that's not much.

>yuan

Well, China is interested in keeping their currency below the actual value, don't they? Also their economy is having problems lately.

>rubble
Too effing volatile. Are you kidding me? Could jump up overnight, could tank to the bottom.
You need to have steel balls to buy RUR or invest in their stock market.

>swedish krona
IF Euro will fall you think Sweden's economy will be unaffected.

>inb4 CHF/NOK

latter depends on oil prices too much (like RUR) and former... well, i actually have no idea. Only that CHF also jumped up recently when their Central Bank un-pegged it from Euro.

>I bet you get such small interest on EUR/USD deposit that is eaten out by inflation.

In my bank (few months ago):
0.3% annually for a deposit account
0.2% annually for a savings account

Inflation is supposedly low (officially), but the prices are going up all the time...

That is very easy to figure it out. If the price has doubled in the last 10 Years that means you had 7% anual inflation. Just find some old magazine from 10 years ago. And check the price. It should be about 15-20% higher according to EU Lieocrats. with their 0.2-2% inflation targets

Sveiks, kura banka?

Vai tu kkur investee? Akcijaas, u.tml.? Interesee, kadas bankas vai firmu pakalpojumus izmanto?

Go for a reserve currency, Swiss Franc or Dollar.
I would have said GB Pound but with Brexit going to happen now I think it may be bumpy for a while, although much less so than the doomsayers are predicting.

is buying Yen a good move? I figure that Yen isnt as good a safe haven as it used to be, but im not sure if I want to buy ETH at these prices (sold mine foolishly at 12,70 bought them at 4,60).

bump for more opinions

came to Veeky Forums to ask same things. Brexit looming over euro. I think it will get shitter despite the outcome. Already have some btc, nice to see it rise, but still in doubt. Should I just yolo and pump 5k eur into it? I only have ~7000 total

what about norway?

no.