How the fuck can people be in such denial and not do anything about their hair loss?

How the fuck can people be in such denial and not do anything about their hair loss?

The second I noticed excessive hair fall and some slight recession at my hair line I booked a dermatologist appointment and got on finasteride (5 mg pills split into 4ths). It's been 2 years and my hair looks the same if not a little thicker.

inb4 "gj losing your dick" etc. I can honestly say that I haven't had any sides on the drug. The side effects are totally overplayed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_dioxide
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The side effects are totally overplayed
As someone who has been taking fin for about 12 years now, I agree on that.

However Merck knowingly and intentionally put titan white and brilliant blue in these pills to color and coat them. Both are proven carcinogens.

>However Merck knowingly and intentionally put titan white and brilliant blue in these pills to color and coat them. Both are proven carcinogens.

Source?

How has your hair held up over the years on it?

>Source?
There is no 'source' needed. You can read the leaflet that comes with the medication and look up the coloring agents yourself. I swear I'm sick of people today being so incredibly lazy and want every little shit spoonfed to them. Fuck you.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_dioxide
Can't be bothered to look up the blue shit now. It's aluminium-something and is even worse than the white.

>How has your hair held up over the years on it?
It's still thick and shows no sign of thinning. However my hairline is slowly receding year by year. I'm 33 keep in mind.

I also recommend massaging in some minox daily and doing microneedling once a week on the bad spots.

I started minox because I suspected some thinning on one of my temples but dropped it after almost a year because of how flaky my scalp and eyebrows got. I tried different shampoos to no success and had to start moisturizing my more heavily.

Well I asked because I Google'd "finasteride carcinogenic" and found nothing.

Did you have any maintenance for any number of years or did your hair line just slowly continue to recede over the 12 years?

we need a propecia virgin va hair transplant chad

Hm. For me it was really weird because my hairline never receded much visibly over time, but rather in abrupt steps. Like every 4 years or so I would notice how the corners would recede more. The last spurt was about 6 months ago. Really strange pattern with me. I actually remember exactly the time when my hair first started falling out noticeably. I was about 20 and had a rather stressful phase. I noticed how the corners of my hairline started to hurt, kind of like a sunburn hurts when you touch the skin. After a few days the stinging sensation was gone, but at those spots my hair was gone too.

In all honesty I think the flaking/dandruff thing only occurs with people who don't massage it into their scalp. If I learned anything over those years, it's that minox doesn't work at all if you don't massage it in. It just sits on your skin and slowly evaporates, causing the skin underneath to dry out and flake. Maybe give it another try and massage it in each time. Don't forget to wash hands after.

Cause not everybodys s’insecure? And not everybody needs validation to the point they post about their choice to take a drug on q forum?

Ahh okay. What Norwood would you consider yourself? Would you ever consider dutasteride?

I'm strictly just on finasteride daily and a ketoconazole shampoo once a week. I'm trying to save minoxidil and dut for when shit (if ever) really hits the fan for me.

>What Norwood would you consider yourself?
Not sure. Probably a bad 2 or a very good 3. More leaning towards 2. My pattern is weird. Sides and middle of the front is intact, just the corners have formed a sharp peak that goes in pretty far. I look like a psychopath clown.

>Would you ever consider dutasteride?
Again, not sure. I'm currently doing okay. Duta is near impossible to get in my country. But I'm good for now. Honestly the biggest improvements I made with microneedling. Even regrowth of vellus hairs in spots that were completely bald before.

>ketoconazole shampoo
I tried that briefly and I felt like it made me hair overall thinner. Probably just my imagination, but whatever.

in denial =/= not giving a fuck
plus im not into self castration
but you keep taking that pill everyday bruh, good luck

This, i lucked out on a decent enough face and frame to not give a fuck. Some type of cure will be out in 5-10 anyway. Inb4 “theyve been saying that forever”

>I swear I'm sick of people today being so incredibly lazy and want every little shit spoonfed to them. Fuck you.

buddy, you make such a claim you need to back it up. this is the fucking internet people lie all the time, i don't have time to try and fact check everything i read on Veeky Forums, you entitled fuck

>The second I noticed excessive hair fall and some slight recession at my hair line I booked a dermatologist appointment and got on finasteride (5 mg pills split into 4ths).
This is key. If you think you're losing hair, you most likely are and should get on fin immediately if you're concerned about hair loss. It's easier to maintain than re-grow, so acting fast is essential.

your shitty bait made me angry, here's a (you)

>make a bold claim
>can you back that up?
>WTF???? REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I tried to find what he said online and had no luck; I think he may be pulling shit from his ass lol.

Why are amerifats so obsessed with hair?

>caring about hair
not gonna make it

Some people might argue that it's kinda faggy to sweat your hair falling out and running to fight back against the inexorable wages of aging is silly when you ought to be able to embrace the man you're becoming without fear.

maybe I should have done otherwise, and maybe I'd be happy about having done so. meh, here i am, so fuck it.

Personally, I just didn't care enough.

lads I...

idk just going to go with it and see what happens

you look fucking fine faggot this board is driving you insane

I can't buy into this shit. If it actually worked there would be no body suffering from baldness.

Celebrities, athletes, the richest people on the planet and some of them are still balding - if there was a cure they'd have it, just rock your shit senpai - quit being a pharma cuck.

It isn't a perfect drug by anymeans, but it slows down the process for most dudes; like 83% of dudes were still at baseline 10 years on the drug (Source: Google "10 year finasteride study").

A lot of people don't get on it because they read into the side effect horror stories and the "just shave it bro" meme

You look bad desu

"sides are overplayed", you're just lucky.

I want to try them also, I just have to transfer money and I will have them on Friday.

5mg too. Should I do it?

I already have fucking eczema and gyno from puberty (never went away, it's very minor but I don't want more).

Also, I already shave my hair. I've been doing that since I could pull out 30 hairs in one very very soft pull. It was scary.

And I already done it on my 16th or so, so it wasn't hard to do it again. 28 now.

was on it for a year and nothing changed. starting to think my hair loss is thyroid/hemochromatosis related, on account of the insane amount of grey hairs I have. hair is always dry as fuck and the texture constantly changes.

I might be venturing into hypochondriac territory though lol.

I've been it for 3 months a generic called finpecia and I'm getting little blacks hairs that were not there before on my hairline where it's receeded before i started it. the bald it went away 1.5 months into taking it. i don't want to take this forever so hopefully that supposed "cure" they are working on in asia will be out in a few years

I am bald as fuck at 24, have been shaving my head 0.8mm since 22. I like the buzzcut look so if I'm gonna do anything, it's gonna be micropigmentation.

I am simply not interested in rolling the dice and taking pills that could fuck with my hormones/change my mood/make me less of a man. And to be honest, if I were gonna take that dive, I would have needed to do it when I was like 18.

I finally went with the shaved head.

Can I pull it off lads?

Yes absolutely, you have very uniform color between the top and sides. It looks good

>I can honestly say that I haven't had any sides on the drug

From what I hear Finasteride doing permanent dick damage to anyone at all is probably BS.
But, m8, are you really that fucking dumb?
>my personal experience is it's no big deal so that means everyone that takes it will get the same experience
Why do you think the test drugs so extensively?

"The 2010 Cochrane review found that compared with placebo, men taking finasteride are at increased risk for impotence, erectile dysfunction, decreased libido, and ejaculation disorder for the first year of treatment; the rates of these effects became indistinguishable from placebo after 2–4 years and these side effects usually got better over time.[8] Another 2010 review found that when used for hair loss finasteride increased rates of sexual problems.[37] A 2016 review of 5α-reductase inhibitors for prostatic hyperplasia found that sexual dysfunction was 2.5 times more likely in those who used them.[38] Another 2016 review, a meta-analysis found that sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, and reduced ejaculate, may occur in 3.4 to 15.8% of men treated with finasteride or dutasteride."

So basically it comes down to what you care about more I guess

JUST

looks good