Are obviously fake items cool/effay? I feel like it’s gonna be cool/ironic to wear one item is that is obviously fake

Are obviously fake items cool/effay? I feel like it’s gonna be cool/ironic to wear one item is that is obviously fake

Try hard and dumb. Le epic irony XD

You might as well wear a Family Guy shirt, it's that tacky.

>Cool
No, most people won't understand it's ironic unless you explain it

>Effay
No, not unless it's serious vintage bootleg stuff

Ironically wearing bad clothes is still wearing bad clothes

only if the people you're around are into ironic shit i.e. only highschool

/thread

Only LV caps

What about ironically wearing fakes of serious vintage fakes?

Yeah, if you're are a kid who uses instagram. Leave 'ironic' fashion to the children.

the thing about cool in 2k18 is that as soon as its cool some overweight white 14 y/o is wearing it.

so what are we supposed to wear then? just dadcore mallcore? because it's never gonna be trendy? we all wear something that looks good and if it looks good then someone else might have worn it somewhere, some of them could be overweight and 14. i'm conflicted about this. what kind of style should i wear without being ridiculed by anyone?

>trendy
This is the death of Veeky Forums

b urself

idk what else i could say to describe it. is this how to belong in this patrician community? by being elitist and like "ew you still use that word? you're not my friend, don't make me look bad, go away"? it's true though, it's like, in order to see yourself as being in the "right level" of style and intellectual hierarchy, you have to like something that normies will never like? so something bad then? because whatever it is, if it's objectively good, then normies will like it anyway.

it's funny isn't it? this whole fashion journey is something we really put our mind into. like,"okay, are normies here yet? if they are, then i'll have to leave to another trend where they haven't been to". it's like we're being chased around by them, continuously. we're running away from them and they're gonna always be after us.

i mean, sure, in a way, i'm also a bit elitist. maybe because if not fashion and music and photography and politics, i will always have to feel bad about myself and feel castrated whenever i'm next to normies. my hobbies make me feel like i'm way above them and it's like i'm making them feel like an idiot around me. something i really need.

14 year olds don’t just end up wearing something. It has to be shilled to them by rappers, instagram accounts and whatnot. It’s not very hard to stay ahead of them

this is pretty much what i wear. i also avoid listening to trap music even though i groove internally when my hypebeast brother play them loud. it's just that, i'm introverted, friendless, and genetically inferior. i can't like what they like, i have to like what they struggle to like.

You guys talk shit about this but would wear vetememes which is a post-ironic brand of vetements

Are you looking for some kind of validation?
is vetememes a ironic brand: yes
is wearing meme/ironic clothes bad:yes

>unironic use of irony in post ironic era 2017+1
Only in flyover states well actually no not even there

>hypebeast brother plays loud trap music
>have to restrain yourself
I'm the same way. Are you an older brother too?
>I can't like what they like, I have to like what they struggle to like
Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel for you user

Holy shit user.

Yes i’m an older brother

thats the point you mong, im saying if youre going to talk shit about ironic brands at least be self aware enough to realize u supported this (i.e vetememes) at some point ffs

>look how unique I am, I don't follow trends, I just let what I wear be completely controlled by the trends I totally don't follow because I wear knockoffs only ironically.

Literally and exactly just as bad as the "Sheep" shirts. Nobody who actually wears supreme gives a shit, and everyone else just wears clothes that actually look good.

HAHA LOOK I DON'T CARE ABOUT SUPREME!!!

Its the same as wearing a trollface t shirt

100% agree. My friend has a vintage Fucci jacket his dad wore in the '80s and it's as close to fa as you can get with fakes

i like wearing this on lazy days

i guess ppl itt would thinks its cringey but i like it

its not as blantant, perfect lazy day core

only sangerman

I think you're projecting a bit

the truth is memes aren't cool
every fucking idiot on campus can be heard mumbling "da wae" to his other idiot friends.
I'm so tired of fake anti-comedy. I haven't heard a real joke in the past forever.

OP please don't buy that shit, or make it. stay away

not projecting, you clearly havent been on Veeky Forums long enough

i also have this, semi cringy teenage cop but still get me laughs here and there

>he doesn't know da wea

i like this

>real jokes
knock knock

u sound like fucking losers

older brother here and i jive with my lil homie even though he on the new steeze

> i jive with my lil homie even though he on the new steeze

Regardless of wether or not wearing "obviously fake" shit is cringey, the fact you have to ask here because you need approval to be yourself is cringe as fuck.

Im convinced this place is just teens thinking fashion will make them popular at school, or robot incels thinking fashion will get them laid. The other 5% are quality Veeky Forums posters from pre 2013

As a general rule you can tell something is NOT effay if your example is sitting in a gaming chair

>

ya the whole 2 kids in your town who know of supreme and are into streetwear will find it hilarious....unless you live in big city most people would just think youre wearing an ugly clothing