Well these joints just became $1500 in my size on GOAT. I really don't wanna pay that much but they're my grails...

Well these joints just became $1500 in my size on GOAT. I really don't wanna pay that much but they're my grails, they probably will never restock and the prices will only get worse as time moves on. Yes I can afford them but I'm not rich by any means. I should probably just forget about it and move on.

Would you consider spending big money on an item you consider your "grail"? An item you feel bitter you couldn't get for retail because they sold out fast?

no

you can buy way better pieces for that amount op

Such as?

God damn for 1500 bucks I would get a Stone Island jacket on sale from Haven and maybe a Mystery Ranch bag

Fuck and some Visvim shoes just to have em

Way better way to spend 1500 bucks

Just buy fakes. Why the fuck would you want to support Virgil? I like the shoes too, but if I were to buy them then I would buy fakes.

an accurate history of Veeky Forums in 3 panels

Not OP but technically you don't support Virgil by paying resale. That $1500 won't make it to his pocket

I think it'd be cool if a big designer did a collab with bootleggers instead of with Nike or Adidas
Like as a big fuck you to the whole concept

>put everything in quotes
>make bank off of retarded high school kids
really wish I was Virgil right now tbqh

I don't know a single high schooler who could afford $1000+ sneakers

Virgil isn't making money on resale, dumbass. The thousands that these shoes are bought for all go to the seller. Virgil only makes money on the shoes people were lucky enough to cop retail.

Why does Virgil trigger everyone? Sheesh.

Because he comes off as a pseudointellectual fucktard with shitty, overpriced and overhyped clothes

>overpriced

In a general sense, not just Off White, this meme kills me. Something is only worth what someone will pay for it. People pay the asking price for Off White. Therefore, for consumers of Off White, it is not overpriced.

imo a few of the ten collection really interest me (the converse, the jordan, the presto, the af1) coz the deconstruction is pretty well done (particularly on the jordan, imo)... but the writing on the side and sole ruins it for me completely. i signed up for raffles and all that when they dropped but paying for than retail for such trendy pieces sounds out of the question

B U Y F A K E S
U
Y
F
A
K
E
S

Absolutely.
Here's a good way to do it. Buy the shoes and then don't buy anything else until it equals out with your budget. Let's say your budget for clothes is $200 a week, in that case after you buy the shoes just wait 7-8 weeks before you buy anything else.

I actually have been saving up

They are the only pair of shoes I have ever seriously consider paying this much for and I hope to never do it again if I do so

I see shit here all the time that is around 1500 or higher
None of that Rick, Raf, Balenciaga, Stone Island is cheap at all

If you really like them OP, id get them because if they really are a grail for you and something that youre gonna hold onto for a while, i think itd be worth it. even if you dont wear them, you have something thats essentially an investment and you can sell it later on down the road. just do what suggested

> an investment
Prove to me that these hype shoes hold their value.

there will most likely be people like OP in 5 years that will want to get ahold of these. even if the value decreases, i dont think he would end up losing a lot of money

You have three choices op:

>buy and slowly begin to regret paying that amount of money until you can’t even be in the same room as them without wanting to hang yourself

>don’t buy and regret not buying them for the rest of your life until you ultimately can’t take the pain anymore and hang yourself

>buy fakes for a 10th of the price that were made by a Chinese housewife who could only ever dream of having $1500

Make the choice.

Or he can wait until a different user ends it, goes to a secondhand shop where his mom donated his entire wardrobe, and gets the shoes for next to nothing

I'm not your dad look for yourself

>nothing is overpriced if someone buys it
ok

Why is this thread not deleted already?

This boards need to be purged.

holy shit you literally just look at the brand don't you

lmfao