Should I drop out of Accounting to become an Electrician?

Should I drop out of Accounting to become an Electrician?

maybe

Better yet you should drop out of college and enlist in the air force/navy and let uncle sam train you on a trade. If you have enough college credits, they'll give you a stripe or two right away. Then if it turns out you hate being an electrician, you can just go back to school for free. This plan only works if you're not a pussy though.

Have a health thing, can't do that.

1. Become electrician.

2. Get electrician job at local university.

3. Take accounting classes nights and weekends....maybe for free since employee!

Thank me later.

So then what make you think you'll be able to do skilled labor?

Mechanichal skills will serve you better in the future. Try to become jack of all trades because that is what is in most demand. And/or specialize in instrumentation, putting hospital machinery together(Big bucks)

Don't fall for the trades meme.

It's a pretty poor short-term gain in exchange for long-term pain trade-off. If you have the option of getting a degree, you should almost always do that.

electricians are seen as the fags of the tradesmen. steel workers are the only ones worse off.

only thing really laborious about electrician is running conduit and pulling wire, and even then it's not too bad. I suppose you could be doing those things in very hot environments occasionally but generally speaking that stuff is done during new construction, only occasionally afterwards.

What country?

Trades in Australia is so fucking overpaid. Easily get 6 figures from all trades.

Yeah better yet drop accounting and take up political science or english lit.

Yes.

My friend became an electrician out of highschool.

He is 27, he has $100k in the bank, owns a truck, has no debt and is making about $90k a year right now.

>So then what make you think you'll be able to do skilled labor?

I'm not disabled, just have something that disqualifies me from the military. Not anything that really changes my ability to do trade work, I'm a Type 1 Diabetic.

this, i dont understand why all these retards go to uni to get degrees that will take them decades to get 100k in their jobs.

This is what happens. So many idiots go to uni/college, the market become flooded enough. We demonised tradies in our society so no kids wanted to do this work, now, the tradies left can charge they want and they make lots of money.

Only go to uni to become something that you can't legally become without a degree like an engineer, psychologist, lawyer, doctor etc.

Accounting is a fine stable career, but, If you are struggling at uni/not liking accounting I reckon you should go to electrician.

Source?

Got a friend who literally did the same thing.

Meanwhile I spent 5 years developing myself and now make 55k and own 3% of a very promising company.

He makes 10k less and has to get up at 5.30 so he can be at work at 7:00.

He works in the worst kind of sausagefest with dull and unpleasant people. I also work in a sausagefest, but I actually look forward to hanging out at the office.

He has to install stuff on farms that smell of pigshit, in claustrophobic crawl spaces and on cold rooftops. I have a comfy chair and can remote work once a week.

Not to mention the toll physical work takes on your body. There's a fucking reason trades are so unpopular.

I agree on the last parts...

Although.

I keep telling my buddy to start his own LLC. He could make ridiculous money and stop slaving for someone else. He wont do it though.

Finding work as an electrician in many states is difficult now adays. Tough job, good pay but I know several unemployed electricians.

no. White collar work is comfy af. Become a government accountant.

Are you taking on debt/in debt for accounting school? How much school have you completed. What state you live in affects how good the electrical field is. Some states are less regulated so less job security/certification. If you could go to school and do an apprenticeship at the same time i would recommend it.

What about France?

This

>when people who do HVAC barely get 40k a year at 55+ hours a week, pretax

funny, i dropped out of being an electrician to be an engineer.

protip: dont make a living off of doing hard labour you fucking cuck