surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

not him but yes
not in the male version though

Which of the Dior Homme line should I try?

I've tried like 30 colognes in the last two weeks, from the meme 5 to the niche, and I must say that I didn't find a single one that fully convinced me. What do?

sounds like you're just not interested in the hobby, or maybe just trying shitty fragrances.

why is the niche sector so fucking pretentious? pic related. he makes nice fragrances on par w/ great designer, but sells them at a 3x markup. basically, the indie/artisanal sector is the last bastion for artistry and integrity when it comes to perfume.

it goes like this

designer: gibe the pusi b0ss, male/female genderizing,

niche: literally the same thing except with the jewness amped up and llusions of exclusivity

Artisan: small batches, fair pricing, good product, creativity

I am interested, I like to try them and understand them and the notes underneath and the sensations, and what they remind me (smell is the feeling most stimulating to memory). It's just that they all feel... kind of wrong, or uninspired, as if there could be, but I never met it. Which I find strange, given the enormous choice.

List the frags you tested and which ones came closest to the mark
so we can gauge your taste.

But indie doesn't mean good. For every Smell Bent you have a Gallagher.

You just need to spend 2000.00+ on samples, never buy a full bottle because nothing is good enough, and constantly post here about how all designer scents are pleb shit.

Has anyone here tried Dior Homme Sauvage?

Never heard of it. Any good?

Sprayed it 2 days ago on my arm, and still smells, really close to skin

le male

>le Gallagher meme

More people are mad about these frags than probably even wear them

woke up in unknown qt's bed this morning and she was wearing tom ford very d'encens and now the smell is over me and it's like a duvet of qt

get your nose on something like Lampblack; sounds like you need a good mindfuck and that fragrances will definitely jar your brain and conjure scent associations.

Don’t know it. Is it like that old frag Eau Sauvage?

there is a plethora of good independent brands: Bruno Fazzolari, Bogue Profumo, Papillon, Abdessalaam Attar, it's just all the shit you see meme'd here is streamlined for creed/sauvage bros. People here are generally concerned with fragrance as a weapon of attraction and not as an art. I know I sound pretentious or foreveralone or what have you, but it's fucking depressing to me. It's like they're unironically fulfilling the prophecy of the inane, lust-addled marketing by fashion houses, or maybe it's just shills here flogging this shit.

Should I give 1 Million Prive a try?

Sup, /frag?

Just waiting on the results of my bloodwork to find out if I have cancer or not. Good times.

Also, got a sample of Zoologist Camel. Nice stuff. A lot lighter than I thought it’d be. Thought it’d be a syrupy-spicy bomb like Serge Lutens Arabie, but it’s not. Almost like an exotic tea scent with a little dried fruit sweetness.

What we need are independents who flout the IFRA and produce scents using the banned real oakmoss etc. I'd be on board with supporting such a renegade perfume house.

I’m gonna say this again: there are no shills here. We’re like 50 people, if that. It wouldn’t be worth paying someone to shill here. There are much better places like Fragrantica or Basenotes that might actually generate some sales.

I think 4160 Tuesdays uses oakmoss. It lists it as an ingredient (not note, in the ingredients list) on the box for my bottle of Eau My Soul.

Previously I had only sampled Jean Paul Galtier Ultra Male, Paco Robanne 1 Million and Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l`Homme. These fragrances were bland, dull, childish and almost critically uninspired. Every note felt like an afterthought, the harshness of these fragrances resurfaced forgotten memories of Physical Education lessons at school, finding myself asphyxiated by Lynx spray in the changing rooms after two hours of kicking balls around. They most certainly did not impress me, and my expectations of female adoration and envious compliments from fellow work colleagues had not been fulfilled. I could never live out my fantasies of reigning over the entire workplace as the supreme alpha male, fucking every female secretary I laid eyes on. The epitome of masculinity.

That was until I discovered Dior Homme Sauvage. I remember experiencing my first sample with vivid detail. With just one spray I delved deep into it's aroma and surrounded myself in it's musk. Each note reminded me of an intense LSD trip, upon reaching the peak of my journey I felt intense pleasure all over my entire surface area. Women surrounded me and began sucking my cock, my vision became completely shrouded by intense fractals and impossibly huge beams of light. I had no grasp of time nor any sense of touch, I could only experience pleasure. My trip led me into days of extended hedonistic mass orgies with hordes of fertile teenage girls. I had reached Nirvana.

When my senses were no longer being blown the fuck out, I regained consciousness in a blisteringly hot desert. The only other person present with me in this infinite stretch of sand was the famous actor Johnny Depp, standing over my naked body like a guardian angel. He told me he crafted Sauvage himself and offered me a place as his disciple. This scent was a nectar from God himself. Ever since this epiphany, I have followed the gospel of Depp. I will follow him into the fountains of Sauvage.

Huh, interesting. Sounds like a pretty special scent, wonder why I’ve never heard of it? You’d think something like that would be very popular.

Thanks for the rec! Do you know if luckyscent carries it?

is this an original pasta? good job.

You can buy it from their website or maybe purchase it from thefragranceshop for the cheapest price (60ml)

Glad I could help!

Is it expensive? Obscure niche scents like that are usually pretty pricey. Might have to wait a while to cop.

my gf told me i smell like old man while wearing sauvage

It is around $70 for 60ml, extremely high end pricing. You have to pay to play.

How did I do

I can't tell who is getting memed anymore

That’s not too bad, actually. I wonder why such a great scent isn’t more popular if it’s that reasonable.

I promise you I do not meme, friend.

Sounds like a keeper. Now, while I despise s*uv*ge and everything it stands for I’ll say it: sauvage sluts really do exist. Might have to do something with the excessive Ambroxan.

Fuck man good luck

Could you compare it to any other mainstream frag?

>pineapple vintage and batch X won't be here until at least Saturday if that email is to be believed
>other frags won't be here until tomorrow and I won't get to smell it until I get off work

FUCKING END MY SUFFERING

Maybe a little like Chergui, but lighter.

Just got me some suave, lads. What do you think?

If Sauvage gets you pussy, does knockoff Sauvage get you tranny pussy?

jeremy teased sauvage edp in his latest vid

Bought this one today

I've spent the past 12 hours wearing Pineapple
Vintage X Batch and can share some early thoughts.

The pineapple opening is very natural, just like in the other Pineapple Vintages, mixed with a cedary ambroxan. This stage lasts for about an hour, after which the pineapple disappears and the scent becomes ambroxan and vetiver forward, with mixed fruit on the periphery. At this point, my mind has placed XB somewhere in between Sau*age and Bond Scent of Peace fH, but much closer to the Dior in structure with that ambrox overdose.

I brought a 3ml atomizer and refreshed with one spray to each arm at midday, though I didn't really need to. I just wanted to smell the pineapple again. A solid eight to ten hours on three sprays should be its normal longevity.

I didn't get any comments on this wear of XB, though I smelled it on myself throughout the day. A work friend who enjoys fragrance took the atomizer and so I'll get see how XB smells on someone else tomorrow.

Though I usually need at least five or six wears to form a sound opinion on a scent, after one wear I'm positive about this X Batch. It performs. It's pleasant. It's an original work, for the most part. And at the very least it has calmed my urge to purchase a backup bottle of Sau*age, as I think it's better (how did I never notice that black pepper?)

The original and DHI. The rest are trash.

Thoughts on Original Santal? I like my sample a lot, but I also get the vibe from smelling it that it might be one of those niche fragrances that gets acclaim within the community for being sophisticated but in real life young hot women just say it smells like old man cologne.

Love prada lhomme and the intense, both are great

What is wrong with Parfum? it is just stronger

Give me convincing criticisms of Cologne and Eau.

I tried it a couple days ago. It's.. average? I'd pay 25$ tops for a 50ml.

>Obscure niche scents
I like you

Anyone?

If you're asking for thoughts on an individual fragrance that isn't the usual line up of incredibly popular colognes, you're better off looking at reviews on fragrantica.
What are the chances that someone browsing this sparsely populated basket weaving forum actually owns that same frag and bothers to write a review about it for you? Very low indeed

I sold 3 bottles of the 200ml for $90 each because I just wanted to get some cash back for a refund from where I worked.

Nice, I'm excited for my bottle. Do you think owning it and PVI is redundant? Or are they different enough?

What's a non offensive scent I can wear to class? I'm thinking Versace Pour Homme but I'm looking for additional suggestions.

Honestly as long as you are light, just about anything.

Mont blanc individuel is my go to non offensive scent though

should i cop? $200 is kinda steep desu

Prada L'Homme definitely. Luxurious but inoffensive and clean

I was not a fan of Jimmy Choo at all but if you like it then you've done well

My Wonderwood just arrived with five free samples aw yee.

Can't wait to try it out once I'm done with laundry.

Whats a good scent for the bus/uni during the winter? I love Armani Code Profumo but I feel like this wouldn't be appropriate for those situations

Ew no that's sugary sweet and nothing else. APLS is the only truly fantastic thing in MFK's lineup.
Have no idea why that particular frag in your pic is so popular. Must be the packaging and hype.

i just browse this board waiting for someone to mention WW.
Whats samples did you get?

I've heard Prada l'homme is useless in the cold weather, anything like it but good for the freezing cold?

Aventus, Tobacco Vanille, Oud Minerale and two others I never heard of; Mazzolari Nero and Nishane Hacivat.

advices to newbies: no such thing as too many samples, if you buy a bottles make sure it's something you'll wear frequently, if you just like the smell but unsure you'll wear, just get a decant

I think a Creed price for a non-popular fragrance isn't safe. At least BdP, Royal Mayfair, Royal Oud etc has the snob recognition but I never saw recommendations for Original Santal.

Cold weather fragrances = strong one spray 6ft smell, lasts 8h.

Prada l'homme = clean supermarket soap bubble smell

I have a bottle of Van cleef & Arpels pour homme for cold winter soapy smoky green leather smell.

It is clearly for winter, has soap smell...but is it inoffensive...? I don't know. Does marshmellow-man size giant soap-man inoffensive? If you want to try, spray VC&A pour homme before sleep, at your leg, only one spray.

The original JC man was pretty disgusting on my skin. Hope they revamped it big time for the intense version.

ISIS teased a Jeremy halal ritual in their latest vid.

I think it is but another good one would be Spice bomb

why do you think ACP is appropriate? from what I've heard it's extremely strong, could be off putting to some people

Not a fragrance but I find the scent of this body wash completely intoxicating. Anybody know fragrances similar to it?

Insane pasta

breddy good

Maybe it's a different formulation from the one I smelt but it didn't have great projection and wasn't that strong either. But again, id recommend spice bomb otherwise as it's a fairly true to its formulation as an EDT.

i like it desu, i've been enjoyin the hell out of my sample. I was about to order it but I just noticed that I lost my credit card so I had to cancel it. Maybe that's a sign lol

Samefag pls.

Fuck that! 32 sprays of Kouros. Go with the Chad miasma.

Oh, ok, thanks!

Don't like at all (just some of them, the most noticeable):
>Bvlgari Man
>Sauvage
>Fahrenheit
>Moschino Uomo?
>Guerlain Vetiver
>JPG Le Male & Ultra Male (love the smell, but it's too sweet and feminine for what I'd wear)
>Givenchy (some variations of Pi, see Le Male why I don't like)
>Rodriguez Bleu Noir
>Egoiste
>Montblanc (various but not Individuel, which looks interesting by looking at the notes)
>Bottega Verde (a couple)
>Boss (various)
>Versace Eros (love the style, hate the smell)

Some that I like a bit but are "not enough":
>Chanel Allure Homme Sport
>1 Million

The only ones I really liked but I still think there could be something better:
>Bvlgari Man in Black
>Valentino Uomo Intense
>Versace Dylan Blue for man

Well, I don’t have the cancerino! I have anemia due to an iron deficiency. Apparently, my body doesn’t absorb iron efficiently, so I need to take iron supplements from now on and need to include more iron-rich foods in my diet. So, gotta go buy me some doctor-prescribed steaks and cheeseburgers. Everything went better than expected.

Also, tried my sample of Roja Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Not a fan. Very oud-y, has that typical Roja animalic thing going that I don’t like. I thought with all the fruit notes, it might be lighter and sweeter, but nope. More of the same. Guess I’m sticking to Enigma.

That's good news user. I hope everything will be better for you.

Yeah I feel that most of the gulf collection are just low-effort like most of the 2017 churn-outs. Now that his line has gained quite a bit of notoriety with reviewers, I feel that he has capitalised on this by most of the 2017 releases being more simple/similar (that candy floss accord kills me), his target market has probably shifted to a younger crowd that has less experience so the wool can be pulled over them.

Not really into his brand anymore desu. I think there's a bit of an echo chamber too, with some people going along with marketing and not really knowing decrying its the best thing ever and ever opposing opinion is just bounced back with hollow no-knowledge elitism. Go for his older fragrances, or elysium I guess if you appreciate designer scents more. I'm not sure but i've also heard that quite a few in the line were reformed late 2016/early 2017, the information on the bottom of the bottle names "Roja Dove Limited" or "Manufactured by Roja Dove Limited", which either is just design change, signs of a sale or reform.

I did sample Elysium, it’s nice enough, but it really does smell a lot like BdC to me. Maybe a little more citrus-focused, but undeniably similar. Just don’t think I can justify the price for that one. Haven’t tried the extrait, though, just the cologne, so the extrait might be entirely different.

good news

CdG Blackpepper has strong peeper and patchouli notes. Haven't smelled the soap or fragrance though

Apparently he has just released "Majestic Oud" which is an exclusive. It has purple font so most likely will be on the pricier side of things. Apparently there is a higher concentration of oud and "woods" that reinforce it, and ambergris. I frankly think that it's another churner that would appeal to the wallets of the shoppers there, but that same store sells a fragrance that retails for either hundreds or a thousand plus that advertises "Amber extreme" as a note, so not even real ambergris or whatever, but they are brazen about it and its most likely going to be bought based on the bottle. I think the brand is called "Elegantes".

>Inb4 the "I need to remind people with link to the topic of pricing in luxury fragrances" guy spams his link.

Elegantes seems to go beyond that, usually with overpriced luxury fragrances there is an element of being well blended or showcasing rare ingredients not used very often. Look up their "Cashmere" fragrance, goes for £2350, an eau de parfum too. Its similar to a YT vid where this reviewer slammed Phuon Dang, which took crap and priced themselves into luxury, had the right connections to set up shop in a department store straight away. Seems to me that this is the case with Elegantes too but to the extreme. It isn't luxury, it's bullshit. I mean unless you buy their bottles and fill them with better perfume.

What are some examples of good artisan brands/scents?

Papillon.
Ensar oud.
Sultan Pasha.

Many more but i've discovered these three recently and they are hard to beat compared to a lot of stuff I have smelled.

Anyone know if there is any issue or concern buying frags from the UK and having them shipped? Looking to get some from End clothing but unsure if they might break or freeze during FedEx transit.

So, the question is are there any good luxury brands that aren’t attars or super Arab-tier scents? Like, if I want a high-end fragrance that isn’t oud, rose, and animal notes?

I need an elegant year round evening scent that would suit a dressier approach, considering Valentino Uomo and The One EDP

Not all of them are even "arab-tier". What retardation is this? If you actually look into all the scents you might find one you like, they aren't all rose oud. Papillon definitely isn't "arab-tier" either.
Rose isn't exclusive to arab scents either....?

Are you a guy coming from a world where its all freshies and fougeres or something?

Definitely at least a try if you like sweeter, warmer scents.

No, it is not just a more potent version of DH; the strength of the notes is in totally different proportions.

It is a dry, musty, leather bomb, while leather in the original was so minimal as to be almost undetectable. The iris, instead of a soft, velvety aura that lightly envelops the other notes, is thick and waxy like a candlestick. Then there is that annoying, pungent rose note that almost made me gag the first time I smelled it.

If it simply were a more intense/stronger version of the original DH then I would probably like it a lot because the original is my favourite fragrance of all time.

I do like the oud/sandalwood combo in it though, but overall I think people are just eager to jump on Dior's dick over what they perceive as a more masculine successor to DHI.

I hate using this word and typically try to avoid it, but Eau straight up smells generic to me and in a bad way. It smells cheap, like the frag I smell off of every late 20s swarthy immigrant working a business casual job. They partnered with Macy's for the release and that's exactly what it reminds me of – the most basic bitch tier of department store colognes.

Cologne I haven't tested it very much, only a couple times in store. But it smells like straight up lemons to me and nothing else.

These are not objective criticisms and merely reflect how I personally feel about these.

YSL L'Homme, Mugler Cologne, Molecule 01. Sauvage would be good for school too if applied lightly.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

So, an in-store sniffing and your biases regarding one retail outlet. Please use a tripcode in the future so that I can filter your opinions.

Nothing wrong with Macy's, Eau just has that same smell you get when you walk through the fragrance section in a department store. It smells like the most generic of freshies but with a dry, synthetic iris note added to tie it in with that DH lineage.

Yes, an in-store sniffing you pretentious twit.

I'm the twit but you're the one pronouncing scents "total shit" based on sniffing a card or nozzle while surrounded by heavy fragrance. Sure pal. Dial back your self importance, family.