Childhood is idolising Veeky Forums

Childhood is idolising Veeky Forums
Adulthood is realising The Fedora Lounge is unironically better

Go visit them and bring some inspo back

What is the point of super narrow double breasted jackets? And man those lapels are strangely placed.

This is great though

Honestly the people that pull this look off are either over 60 years old or ditch the hats. A lot of these fits are solid except for the giant fedora hat. They just look more like cosplayers than actual fits.

Look at reviewbrah, his fits aren't perfect but he looks natural in a suit. Some of these guys just don't.

He looks like a sex offending preacher from the late 1970s who has a picture on the FBIs most wanted website but hasnt been seen in decades because he killed himself in a forest with a hand gun

Effay as fuag.

this looks so bad that even in the 50s he would have looked like a time traveller sent back to make shit look phony

christian sleazecore

Incredibly autostic and I'd never wear it but I like it somehow

>from the late 1970s
His outfit literally screams 50s. Educate yourself faggot

Retard, there were people in the 70s who still dressed like it was the 50s i.e. convervative preachers
The world didn't go from Dean Martin to Jim Morrison overnight

>there were people in the 70s who still dressed like it was the 50s
besides the cast of Grease and the band Shanana name one ... oh yeah and The Clash ... and The Stray Cats ... and
I guess you're right.

How the fuck do you even start with this sort of fashion?

fuck it this kid looks great

It screams parody of the 50s, which began in the 70s.

What the fuck is the button stance on that jacket? That thing is an absolute mess, even before you factor in that it's a touch tight over the chest.

autosm

and the millions of people who weren't famous?

>A lot of these fits are solid except for the giant fedora hat.
I noticed this as well, I don't even think it's because they "can't pull off a hat" though but because they've uniformly chosen specific hats that don't fit their head shape and general silhouette. It's ironic that a place called "the fedora lounge" is worst at selecting hats but what can you do.

you realize that's a historically accurate piece right? it's basically perfect for the era he's emulating

That form of double-breasted suit was fashionable briefly in the early 1920s, if I recall correctly. I like early '20s suits, slim and often similar to modern suits, except with better, thicker fabrics, yet that style of double-breasted doesn't do it for me.

>autostic

He's balling
"Minimalist" cuck soyboy goyim from Veeky Forums can't understand nor will ever have the balls to dress like this

Haha that was so funny!! Lol that’s exactly what he looks like !

How the fuck do I avoid this look when I have to dress up for an interview or work?

Yeah, and in the 1970s people unironically wore banlon safari suits in loud colors, what of it?

The past blew it with trends occasionally too, user. Especially when something was never long-lived like the monstrosity in OP, there's no reason to embrace it uncritically just because it's old.

>it's basically perfect for the era he's emulating
What "era", the hypebeast's 1923 in some American shithole? This was never widespread, just a fashion-plate thing.

why does she have a noose as a necklace

do you wear a fucking fedora and cosplay as le 50s gentleman when going to work?

inspector gadget

looks like a bum

I think he's the only one here that pulls the look off, he looks like he can be an old school college professor.

Lel, for real though FL nerds have plenty to teach. Just apply it to living in the time you were born into.

don't even know what you're trying to argue here. he's wearing what he likes in the best way he can, it's not le "timeless" "modernized" Veeky Forums cuckspo and it's obviously not meant to be, so what? he's doing his own thing. regardless of whether you like it or not you can't deny he knows his shit.

'Gee, I dunno Biff' headass

I would not like this man near me

I've browsed Veeky Forums for around 8 years or so (off and on), and have partaken in threads making fun of fedoralounge for about that long.

only now, after these many years have passed, after the experiences I've had, the wisdom I've gained, do I realize

Fedora Lounge Did Nothing Wrong

she reminds me of that girl from bioshock