Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums
What was the most miserable place in human history?

The closest thing to hell in earth

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VY-3BNnbV_o
youtube.com/watch?v=2LO_xSQOCzw
ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005681
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo
siberiantimes.com/other/others/features/the-average-lifetime-of-a-soldier-coming-to-stalingrad-front-was-24-hours-just-one-day/
youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48
youtube.com/watch?v=39-GQJbYMp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1307093
Andersonville GA

Any European town during the bubonic plague

My soul.

Tell that to the Poles and Milanese

Russia throughout history radiates misery

women have always been the primary victims of war

Crackas killing each other over stupid shit they started baka

Here's your reply

Least they had gas masks. Look at the Russian gas fatalities, poor slav bastards.

Being a minority woman at college in America in 2016

the asian steppes during centuries
sub saharan africa
the horn of africa
the middle of the south american jungle
again, the russian steppes

A Nazi girl's rectum in 1945.

Verdun, France, throughout most of 1916

kek.

Black soldiers coming back from Korea having earned the GI Bill but then being refused admission to colleges was kinda fucked up though.

>but then being refused admission to colleges was kinda fucked up though
They had their own colleges. They knew that when they came home they would have to go to said colleges. They knew exactly what was going to happen. It's only fucked up when you delegate history from the present, you post-modernist shithead.

The salt mines in the Imperial Russian Gulag.

bagdad during mongol conquer/siege

No Man's Land, western front, WW1.

Irish famine maybe, probably somewhere in the middle of the Isle where there were no ships that could carry you to America and every person you passed in the empty, once lush lands, was malnourished and dying. Disease ripping through an already tiny population, while you watched every ounce of food that could've saved your children being shipped off across the irish sea to feed people who've despised you for centuries. Must've felt like the end of the world

Auswitzch

Completely horrific and full of Jews

It was fucked up then, too, idiot. Getting subpar education from a HBCU even if you're really bright and then not being able to find any employment amongst majority white companies must have sucked.

Not in states where segregation was already illegal.

Any concentration camp

>Thirty Years' War

Cambodia when the Khmer Rouge initially took over - emptying of cities, destruction of historical monuments, summarily killings for banal things such as wearing glasses, complete eradication of professionals, rampant disease, starvation, poverty. No medical provisions. Deliberate destruction of the family unit, with children being made to kill parents, separations.

Other mentions:

Great Lakes Refugee crisis in the 1990's
Europe during 30 years war

Famines always scare me. People dead everywhere, looking like skeletons. Having to resort to eating grass, bark, feces and even other humans. Really fucked up.

Probably being an inmate in Unit 731

Prisoner in various prison and death camps through out history

>American civil war
>Boer war
>German prison and death camps
>Japanese prison

Soviet Gulags and labor camps

North Korean version of the Gulag and labor camps

just the top of my head please tell me more if its incomplete

Reminds me of

youtube.com/watch?v=VY-3BNnbV_o

Some were worse than other
In gulags you had no swimming pool, soccer field and orchestra like in Auschwitz

I'm pretty sure the "swimming pool" was made for Nazi soldiers

Ok /pol/ is my home board too but I simply don't believe that what you said is true. Can you provide evidence of such without embarrassing our board by posting images of the guard quarters

What about the soccer field, the orchestra and the library?
Cause you have several videos of survivors who recount attending them

Probably being some kind of political dissident in the Dark Ages. Nazi Germany has nothing on the degrees of cruel and unusual punishment carried out by despotic rulers back in those days.

Pic related

For more detail, watch this documentary some Jewish dude made:
youtube.com/watch?v=2LO_xSQOCzw

Not the most violent, but Yugoslavia during the 90s wars was the most depressing place to be.

Kek

Lmao
Do you have the one in which they claim they used dead jews to make soap?
Not sure who invent those but that's hilarous

Idiot

That pool was only accessible to SS men and certain privileged Aryan prisoners employed as inmate-funcionaries in the camp. The presence of the swimming pool does not say anything about the conditions for Jewish inmates in Auschwitz, and does not challenge the existence of an extermination program with its proper facilities in Auschwitz II.

ah but are they survivors of the actual concentration camp
or the survivors of the prisoner of war camp for western soldiers located nearby
that might be a pretty important distinction

Don't think so, have this while I check my folder

They're jews
So guess

This city looks like a fortress. I wonder if commie blocks were made with urban warfare in mind.

There was one in which some survivor claimed that Hitler in person had burnt her parents at the stake
Can't find it but that was hilarous

Not to defend any of the horrors committed during World War II; but I am entirely amused that such a big deal is made of the boycott and ostrization of the Jews after they outright declared war on Germany prior to the boycott and public labeling of Jews.

Timelines are interesting things.

Judea declares war in March.
Legalized "oppression" of Jews begins in April.

ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005681

"In April 1933, German law restricted the number of Jewish students at German schools and universities."

Stalingrad

Nanking

Tokyo February 4th 1945

Baghdad 1258

My life

The boats

Probably some irrelevant industrial waypoint in backwater northern scandinavia
At least the holocaust death camps were zeniths of misery
Places like this cant even manage to be that

Nanking or really any other part of occupied China during the Second Sino-Japanese War.

>It's REAL

HCBU's received way less funding then other colleges which is sad as seeing the people really all about Black empowerment but having to deal with shitty state governments deliberately underfunding them really kills the soul.

Nanking
Andersonville
Random gulag
Europe during the 30 years war
Baghdad being sacked

Just to name a few

>The concentration of so much fighting in such a small area devastated the land, resulting in miserable conditions for troops on both sides. Rain, combined with the constant tearing up of the ground, turned the clay of the area to a wasteland of mud full of human remains. Shell craters became filled with a liquid ooze, becoming so slippery that troops who fell into them or took cover in them could drown. Forests were reduced to tangled piles of wood by constant artillery-fire and eventually obliterated.[87] The effect on soldiers in the battle was devastating and many broke down with shell shock.

>A French lieutenant at Verdun, who would be killed by a shell, wrote in his diary on 23 May 1916, "Humanity is mad. It must be mad to do what it is doing. What a massacre! What scenes of horror and carnage! I cannot find words to translate my impressions. Hell cannot be so terrible. Men are mad!"[110]

This is going to give me nightmares

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo

This looks pretty close

>Linking Vice

>I'm not smart enough to separate the good from the bad and need an echo chamber

Gaza at the moment is a certain contender.

>Picking a fight with some random person online because he doesn't watch Vice

>Picking a fight with some random person online because he does watch vice.

Stalingrad, late 1942.

The average lifespan of an enlisted soldier inside the city was less than 24 hours.

siberiantimes.com/other/others/features/the-average-lifetime-of-a-soldier-coming-to-stalingrad-front-was-24-hours-just-one-day/

Hiroshima and Nagasaki after the nuke

My life right now.

>Ersatz

NICE

No

Constantinople during the first outbreak of the Plague

jesus christ

This is what happens when you start world wars, cunts.

edgy

Nazi concentration camps for sure

No-mans land, WWI fronts.

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48

I recall a native american guide leading a bunch of white guys across the wilderness

They ran into a lone indian who'd gone insane after watching his ENTIRE tribe die of european disease

Thought he was punished by the spirits and the world was about to end

That shit is fucked up, nightmare fuel

>someone will blame the French as cowards for this

The big western front battles of late ww1. Verdun was probably the single most horrible event in human history

Gulags in Soviet Union: Gulags were secret extermination camps established and managed by Bolsheviks.

"The fact that most of the world is ignorant and uncaring about this enormous crime is proof that the global media is in the hands of its perpetrators.”
– Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, “200 Years Together”

I think its more the fact the russia was the enemy of the western world for 50 years and no one gives a shit about them

Being a German soldier in Stalingrad, finally getting to a plane after months of deprivation and probably being wounded or ill, and having your final moments be your plane getting shot down as it is leaving the airfield.

Sauce on pic

t. the eternal german

I read somewhere that they are still, 100 years later, finding unexploded bombs in the area.

>I wonder if commie blocks were made with urban warfare in mind
Actually, yes. Some blocks in my area have weird window placement - so that they'd be effective as defense position
Not russia btw, but Warsaw Pact

This is correct. Every year france and belgium send out collectors to gather up that years haul of recovered war materiel and bodies

They call it The Iron Harvest. Metal as fuck and totally terrifying.

Existence is literally hell, this plane of existence is an an eternal cycle repeating itself over and over for what seems to be no reason.

That is hell. We are stuck in it and we must do all we can for ourselves and our plane of existence, literally destroy it all.

Place?
Being a wealthy man with lots to do in a Western Materialist society.
Hell on earth?
Being a wealthy man with lots to do in a Western Materialist society at the center of an active volcano.

You are weak men for claiming that harsh land is objectively measured by your standards.
40 degrees Fahrenheit is no problem to the viking hunter, though to one of us it is a threat to our well being.

11 rounds to the chest is just another day for a Seal or GB, however to us it would mean our death.

Our materialist society with its inescapable ignorant nihilism takes strong men and makes them weak, their very existence begins sapping any joy or humanity they once had.

>plane of existence
crashing this plane
With some survivors

I will never stop hating this image

Yeah, Verdun is still a toxic shithole and tourists find human remains brought up by the rain on a regular basis

He's not wrong though. Especially the second time, no one else wanted that shit in any ways hape or form. (except maybe Stalin but later)

Verdun without a doubt in my mind

The sheer amount of unattended corpses in such a relatively small battlefield would have been atrocious. I believe the soldiers said, marching into Verdun, you could smell it before you saw any sign of battle. On top of that it had the highest number of shells dropped per square meter in any battle in history. Very few ways to keep your sanity safe there.

Germans didn't want the first war.

Then why did they ask Austria to attack Serbia and why did they jump on the occasion to attack Russia and France as soon as they did?

Did you even watch it? It's one of their few documentaries that are actually good.

They assumed war was coming anyway, just like literally everybody else, so they wanted to be in the best possible position to win said inevitable war when it inevitably started

3 years of daily shelling and bombardment of Sarajevo during Bosnian war by the Serbs.
This is what would happen at night. Every night. Shelling and bombardment.

youtube.com/watch?v=39-GQJbYMp8