Why is basic fashion objectively the best!?

Why is basic fashion objectively the best!?

>Heal, Toe
>tucked

Eh.

It's practical, comfortable, and not try-hard. It also looks your age. I dress in basic men's wear and I get more (real life) compliments than the average goof ninja on Veeky Forums or Reddit.

it is inoffensive

Pretty much the same, I don't get why so many folks does mental gymnastics over male fashion when the right answer is right in front of you.

me without hair and a foot shorter

I don't like jeans.

its inoffensive but its also not fashion

Only works if you're a chad.

Basic fashion is great because it doesn't overshadow your looks or personality.
That's why Veeky Forums hates it.

Literally never saw anyone looking bad on basic colthes unless they're wearing something that clearly weren't their size.

>not fashion
yea ok boi

delete this

i didnt say its bad but its not fashion. your pic is horrible and i hate to say it but its 'fashion'. not fashionable or attractive but it's designer pieces being used to make some sort of shape

A few reasons:
>less dependent on fashion trends
>it's --as previous user has said-- inoffensive
>it doesn't underlay 2deep4u metaforic and poetic fashion expressions (muh rick)
>cheaper
>non intimidating

Uniqlo is and will always be better than Acne, Rick and Raf.

Because fashion is all about getting compliments and not self-expression or serving as a creative outlet?
Your insecurities are showing ''bro''.

Timeless. Doesn't go out of fashion like most trends. Liam will we able to look back at this photo 15 or 50 years from now and NOT cringe. I guess what I'm saying is basic fashion is for the most part "classic". Its worth noting that not ALL classic fa is basic though.

It's really safe, but you won't look all that special unless you're really attractive.

Because its hard to fuck up and depends on the aesthetic merits of the wearer's body rather than their wallet.

I don't know maybe it's the retardedly hot guy in the picture?

I basically dress like this, except more and more I'm wearing sports jackets these days. Everything I buy is basic British cut, navy worsted, jeans I buy American from Rogue Territory because they last like 4yrs. As basic as it gets. Where I gay out is with shoes, and that's what everybody compliments, plus the bespoke sports jackets.

Offensive fashion is purely teenager tier.

basic fashion is fine in most situations but sometimes you need to change it up and express yourself

you don't have to go full rick, you can start with one risky item at the time, just make sure it fits to your other clothes on some level

bonus if you pull it off and feel comfortable in it it will do wonders for your confidence because you were able to move out of the imposed normality and impose your own, where your risky fit is now the reality you imposed and not some societal forms, which is the main attribute of being assertive (or alpha but that words lost it's meaning)

I haven't seen someone project this hard in a while. There is a middle ground between basic men's wear and eccentric rick owens fueled self expression. If you're lucky, you'll discover that happy medium before you hit your mid 20's.

You don't get 'fashion', you are just talking about clothes

It helps when the people around you dress like shit

>that words lost it's meaning
It's never had one.

>50% the clothes
>the other being he is Clint Eastwood's son

Remove the douche beanie and sunglases, pick a new shirt, and this would be a better outfit than anything Veeky Forums tries to get away with

Rick owens dresses like 1980s Steven Seagal complete with silly aikido boots and skirts.

scarf is gay too, so basically just basic designer clothes

doesnt have to be offensive but its not fashion if its so cookiecutter and basic. get over it man im not saying he looks bad or that you look bad if you dress like that, but its not fashion

Replace beanie with a generic carhartt one with the tag removed.

Scarf is functional given the season. Him carrying it makes it gay.

It triggers Veeky Forums because you need to have at least a slightly athletic/ottermode body to pull it off and we all know everyone here is disgustingly skinnyfat.

I have the built fat kind of body and I pull it well, the secret is to choose clothes that fit perfectly in your body if you're going for something basic/non agressive.

>People only notice me if I dress in a over-the-top manner

everyone knows you'd look better if you lost a few more pounds desu

I used to be ottermode, but weirdly enough, I've been getting more compliments(from women) since I've gained those few pounds, go figure.

I think generic, timeless, standard pieces mixed in with, say, some designer shoes (raf,Margiela,ann) is the best route.
Obviously good enough generic pieces with perfect fit enough to intertwine with the shoes in a symbiotic, organic, way.
Key accessories also make you stand out.

some people like to have style, some people like to play dress up.

god i fucking hate this board

all of you just want to blend into the crowd, no personality, no character

You can stand out from the crowd even if you're not dressing anything edgy by just giving your personal touch to your look.

stubby legs lol

You stand out from the crowd with your actual character and personality not your clothing, it changes everyday.

sorry m8 basic clothing looks basic

it looks good if you're 6"2 chris hemsworth

dude has great skin

This isn't basic fashion anymore

Grdovic / 10

fashion is either for self-expression or used a means to make up for your otherwise empty personality

everyone wears basic stuff because because it doesn't shift focus away from yourself.