Can you actually pull of a leather trench coat ?

Or does it just look gay ?

dont just

dont

>does it just look gay
No it looks virgin

Trust me I keep away from people wearing long trench-coats, normally bc they're over 300 pounds and look like they could start shooting at any moment. Just don't op. If you want a trench-coat, get one that looks like this in a grey/black/white

That's the ugliest thing ever. Even uglier than op's leather coat

>McManus core

MY NAME IS NOT IMPORTANT

I'd have to unbutton it first.

i think leather trench coats will make a come back eventually

I am debating whether I should get a hair piece

they were never in.

They were in the early 90s. Kids wanted to form a trenchcoat gang long before the school shooters.

This was also big with the Russian criminals.

I think a good trenchcoat looks nice if you wear it right, but I draw the line at leather ones.

Yes, I'd cop one. Fuck trends. W2C this one?

>LEATHER.

DISGUSTING.

This. I can sympathize OP but if you're asking this question your power level is very low. You're thinking about cool movie costumes and not about how you will look irl.
That looks gay as hell. You're giving OP a bum steer if you're suggesting shit like this to him.

Shave legs, wear shorts with

all the other kids with their bumbed ub giggs :-DDD

Someone can. Me? You? Doubt it.

Are you in an actual trench?
Is it raining hard enough to turn the ground into soup?
If the answer to both these questions is no, DO NOT wear a trench coat.

by that logic there isn't much left to wear.

How about a leather blazer?

Hi Not Important, I'm user!

People will tell you not to. I think they can look great if you are in shape personally

I think they look terrible, no one under 50 would wear this.

Unlike leather trench coats there are no asocial implications, but they are dated unless you pull off really well.

Works with kaurismäki-core aka poverty sleazecore

Well, can look good.

Worst idea ever. Shortness defeats the whole idea of a raincoat.

Not a trench coat. Just leather jacket. Not bad as such.

noice

Yes, I do wear and pull it off quite nicely, but there are a few caveats to be aware of before you try.

1) There will always be a stigma in the West attached to a long leather coat. You can't avoid this because it's ingrained in people's imagination, not only due to school shooters but due to movies like The Matrix. A long black coat worn over casual clothing or military style clothing simply looks like you're going to shoot up the place, so don't bother with that combo.

2) You can ONLY wear it when it's functional. If it's rainy and windy, it's fine. If it's winter but you don't live in an icy snowy cold country (i.e. the UK for instance), it's perfect. If you're living in Texas or Bermuda, once again, don't bother wearing it. If there's snow on the ground, make sure you layer underneath it to justify wearing something that isn't designed to keep out the cold. A scarf, perhaps.

3) The jacket I have is in the pic, except it's leather. Stops at the knees, and it has no cuffs or any fasteners except the 3 buttons on the front to close the jacket. It's fitted and tailored, so when you wear it over a suit, it looks like a million bucks. Even if you just wear a collared shirt+tie+cashmere sweater, the coat over this combo looks reminiscent of the late 19th century long jackets worn over vests. The point is, it fits in with the aesthetic.

This kind of aesthetic has no problem in Japan, the UK, even Canada to an extent. But if you want to wear it, it's like anything else that draws the eye. It must be practical for the weather you're in, it must fit you like a glove, and you have to match the quality of fabric and design lines accordingly. Just because the modern Biker jacket (i.e. Schott Perfecto) can be mixed and matched with a suit + tie or a t-shirt + distressed jeans doesn't mean that a high quality leather long coat can do the same.

Remember: Practicality, then Aesthetic.

Pull it right off and throw it in the trash

pls no

Leather blazers can be a problem. As others have stated, they are very dated. 80's and 90's basically, and there's nothing you can do to the design or cut to make it look modern. It's like the tuxedos from the 70's with the frilly shirts...it's permanently 70's.

The other user is right though; you have to be fit in order for it to look even passable. But also once again we come to the problem of function. Normal blazers are essentially suit jackets with a little more flair, not meant necessarily to match with your trousers. They're also meant to take a bit of a beating; you can smoke in them, you can run out into the rain in them, etc, which you'd never do with your suit jacket.

A leather one is like a leather vest (the kind you'd see in a cowboy movie on the bartender). What is the purpose of the original garment, and why do you choose leather instead? Remember that leather, in terms of practicality-only, is longer lasting, harder wearing, and protective against wind but not harsh cold. This is taken into account whenever we see a garment 'suddenly' made of leather. With shoes it makes sense, with coats it makes sense, leather gloves, etc. But a blazer or a vest it seems like it's solely as a material choice; choosing a more luxurious material instead of one that is more practical to the purpose.

So, a leather blazer...it's an obvious 'luxury'. You can pull it off, just wear stuff appropriate to the luxury. Don't wear shitty jeans...wear high quality jeans that are not torn up. Wear good shoes, not sneakers...wear a t-shirt that is clean and fucking expensive, not something you bought at Walmart in the bargain bin. V-neck shirts look particularly good with this combination, but don't wear trousers that are made of suit material; the outer layers have to be as 'rugged' as each other, just as long as they're different (suit material is fragile, choice, and not protective).

nothing leather is effay

Post a fit or this will become the next dank copypasta.

No. When worn over a suit and pictured without a head (as I'd have to do for a forum like this), it could be mistaken for Nazi clothing, and that shit spreads fast on the net. That's another problem with long leather jackets; if paired with a suit, they are forever associated with the SS. I forgot to mention that.

I don't want to say, 'trust me', but trust me. If the weather is appropriate, and the aesthetic matched, then a long leather jacket over a suit, if tailored correctly, is a very powerful, intimidating, and masculine statement. Just make sure you're not doing any salutes.

>massive wall of nerdy rambling
leather blazer

Okay. Contribute something. Do you disagree with me, and if so, why? Is there anything that I've said that doesn't make sense? Or perhaps do you have personal experience wearing leather blazers so you can give us some real-life problems or benefits associated with the garment?

C'mon...add something. If you care about fashion, then say something of value about it.

Looks good imo

Only if there's a bespoke suit underneath.

No

sweet duster

There is always a middle path