People are ACTUALLY making a living off retarded shit like this (videotaping themselves walking up to people and saying...

>People are ACTUALLY making a living off retarded shit like this (videotaping themselves walking up to people and saying hi for under two minutes of rolling time)

>210k views
>11,600 likes
>two million subscribers

WHY? How the fuck do people think this is worth watching? Why is this allowed and how did it happen?

Youve watched it faggot

Yes because I wanted to see what these people with millions of subscribers are doing that's so insightful that it yields these kinds of profits

they don't make that much and most of them are complete morons with there money some youtube bought an aquarium that costs 4k a month to run when he hit it big on youtube. plus there time is limited youtubers are relevant for what 5 years if that then what do they do. it's a shitty business

>200k views

That's $140 tops

Still retarded, but there are worse things to be upset about tbqhfam.

I simply don't understand how these people even make money.

Why exactly did 2,000,000 people think their videos were SOOO good that they subscribed to this bullshit?

it breaks all logic.

Like if someone on Veeky Forums made a thread about their idea to "walk up and say hi to people and nothing more, for a 2 minute video" every single person would call him a fucking retard and ask why ANYONE would watch that. And yet it's there, and it gets views.

It's entertainment for children and retards.

All 3 to 10-year olds I know just sit and watch cancerous videos on their ipads all day.

It sounds fucking retarded, but honestly its a godsend to most parents. It keeps kids occupied so you can get some rest.

>but honestly its a godsend to most parents. It keeps kids occupied so you can get some rest

I don't think that's a good way to look at your kids.

Your children shouldn't be a burden to you, if they are then maybe you should just use one of the many contraceptive methods or have an abortion.

Youtube is where the $ is, 2 million viewers will probably only get you a few hundred dollars. It varies depending on the amount of time people view and how many views. Video game tutorials do quite well (eg. Mindcrafts). Many kids watch to learn gamer tricks. Retarded shit like people saying hi is just retarded. People are retarded for watching and getting them paid. It is the viewers fault these faggots are making money off this gay shit. Gets me heated thinking about how retarded people are.

I know this is Veeky Forums, but could you shut the fuck up about people doing stupid shit? We all know it's stupid.

Just going "raaaaaaaaarrrrghh, why don't people behave intelligently 100% of the time" is fucking retarded

doesn't this fuck with their development? spending all your free time living vicariously can't be good for someone. fuck i'm glad i didn't have this shit in my childhood

>spending all your free time living vicariously can't be good for someone

No fucking shit

That's why so many people grow up severely autistic

I have something like 50k total views over two years monetized with decent content. With those 50k views, one channel has an average view of 9:00 per person. Even with all the views, retention, etc... I have only made $50 since starting. Unless something crazy happens and one of my videos go viral or I hit a good search term I will most likely be waiting another 2 years until I finally get a deposit.

Forgot to mention the channel with average retention of nine minutes isn't even my most popular - but it makes the most money. Fuck views get people to stay. That is why PewDiePie makes 2mil+ above everyone else a month.

>wahh fuck why are people making money doing things I don't like!
>fuck the free market!

calm down retard I'm asking how the free market decided this was worthy of any sort of monetary compensation

This but the real money comes from the advertising and marketing aspects. So, let's say I get (for the sake of math) 100 for every 1 million views. Now, I am payed by youtube/whoever to run an ad prior to my video. You can also be paid for promoting a product or service especially if you are already famous. Then you can do pay per click bullshit and be paid. But now, you have enough money to start your own app or clothing line or whatever you want to do and you can advertise for your own product. You don't want even have to say it's your product. Let your product promote you and you promote your product.

If I was halfway decent with a computer and had the equipment, I would make some money.

Realized I didn't do any math.

The point is, you always expand if you have the funds.

>If I was halfway decent with a computer and had the equipment, I would make some money.

Doing what? How would you make money? There are already 1million prank channels out there why do you think yours would stand out? Sounds like the guy "I could've been in the major leagues".

Because I know you can always make money if you have a niche. You use your skills. I just have to figure out what I want to do. After that, keep them entertained, make sure it looks clean and professional then bamp. Promote.

Marketing and advertising are very underrated

Oh....so you watched it ironically. Faggot

You plus the other 200,000 did the same thing /thread

there is no logic when it comes down to entertainment

>some youtube bought an aquarium that costs 4k a month to run
Source?
What kind of acquarium costs that much to mantain?

Who was it?

I know this is 4 cuck but could you please stop bitching about other people bitching. It's fucking retarded.